Legends of Norrath Ending

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Jun 17, 2016.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think Witchers new card game, Gwent had a part in killing LON.
  2. Kollin Journeyman

I am wondering if it would be possible to change all locked loot cards to be traded to another account to be claimed before the closure? I have numerous items that I would love to have on my alt accounts but they are all locked to my main account (which I already have them on).

Also if that isn't an option due to dev resources could an in-game way to trade them to an NPC and get the tradeable version so it can be traded to another account be a better solution. Even a time limited NPC that is only up for a certain amount of days would be great.

To give you an idea of why (I filtered the first to just EQ cards and the second to EQ2 cards): http://imgur.com/a/zxBT3
  3. Kattria Minx Augur

Really would like to get clarification on whether we need to redeem the loot cards for our account or actually claim them on a particular character. There's a big difference. I've been saving some loot items for my TLP characters when we get to those points in progression, so if we have claim them on characters we didn't intend to, that would really bite.
  4. Misha1212 New Member

Since my EQ button no longer shows a Legends of Norrath category, how do I bring up LON to check on any outstanding packs and loot cards?
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You will need to install the stand-alone client.

you can get it here:
    https://www.legendsofnorrath.com/
  6. Iila Augur

You just need to redeem them out of LoN. You don't need to /claim any items in EQ yet, storing them in the claim window for later is fine.
  7. Eanelder Augur

My concern then becomes about what the max count inside of the /claim window? If i have 500 items in LoN and claim them all will that window be able to handle it?

I still think they should have changed the /claim item to return a "Prize" item instead of the loot card. Then there would be no issue and allow use to store them on an alt until we could figure out what to do. I figure the /claim window falls under the purview of the EQ team, so not like they would need development time from a non existent LoN Dev team to make that work.
    Ownlee likes this.
  8. RadarX Augur

I would strongly recommend trying it before the closure date. At this time we have the ability to see both sides of the item from LON and in the game. In the event something doesn't go through we should be able to resolve that.

Now saying that, your situation is probably a bit of an edge case. I don't imagine too many folks have 500 loot cards sitting in LON.
  9. Eanelder Augur

It's probably true that having this many loots may be a rare case, but i have to assume that it is the ones (whales!) that DO, that have supported LoN (DBG) the most, and are likely the same ones spending money in the marketplace in other games like EQ. I just thought that would be something DBG would consider.

I thought i was bad with 500 items, but in the last few days I have seen folks MUCH worse off then me.
    Ownlee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Stune Augur

or more layoffs =D
  11. Iila Augur

A lot of them consolidate in the claim window, like the potion packs. In LoN there's 3-6 different ones per an expansion, in EQ there's just 6 different ones. Not gonna count them all, but my claim window has somewhere around 120-150 different things in it. So it can handle a lot of items.

Don't waste time fretting over it maybe not being able to handle all your claims. Get to redeeming and if something goes wrong, then you can freak out.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think they figure that things like TLP servers and competition servers will generate more subscriptions then running Planetside or LoN. Plus they are probably making more from LoN prizes in the marketplace then from LoN card packs being bought now.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok things went wrong lol. Tired to claim an item that I had transferred from LON and had been in my claim window for couple months, it disappeared. Filed a ticket, so we will see. As soon as that has been addressed I am going to redeem all of my in game items (have 2!) now, like he said while they still have access to both sides. Just wish we had an answer on what is going to happen if we have 2 out of the 3 items needed for the Hermits Hideaway or the Firey Dragon pack?
  14. Warpeace Augur

So now that LoN is going away are there any plans to remove the no trade on the items?
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  15. Kinadorm Augur

I also think that all LoN items should be made tradeable now. I hate to have a claim window full of duplicate items that I can't do anything with.

Also will there be any type of DBG credit for leftover event passes? At least the cards had play value but event passes were useless once the tournaments stopped.
    Oxgoad and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Triconix Augur

We received 5 packs each month for having all access, recurring subscriptions. How will we be compensated now that we won't be receiving these? More DBC?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

They did get a 40 o/o off market place which i for LoN cards with little care to what loot cards I got. It goes smoother then a pack sale but quite the same...
  18. segap Augur

Would be nice if they'd show us a little token of appreciation with the closure and either give us extra free decks for July or boosted the chance to get loot cards.
    Ownlee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Tsolaes Elder

Yo, RadarX. Any chance there will be an offline LoN client that we can use to finish playing scenarios? Or to look at all the pretty card art?
    Oxgoad likes this.
  20. RadarX Augur

I'm afraid not. While certainly not impossible, the resources we have are actively working on other projects.