LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by khat, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Marton Augur

It would be cool if they brought back Heroic Adventures.

Some whack 30 mobs plus a boss type of missions would be great, to compliment the usual raid-copy group missions we get every year.
  2. Took2summmit Elder

hmm it seems like you're maybe a forum warrior that doesn't actually play the game? hate to burst your bubble, but here's the math:
    I am on xegony. this is zero xp bonus or anything. I just did a 1 hour (and 6 minute) farm in LI which is arguably the worst merc. I 3 box I have 2 FRESH 125s with only auto grant AAs. have ToV gear half LS gear pal/nec. then my 118 bard I just recently added is still in heroic gear. I'll use the bard xp as baseline. my 118 bard gets less % then my 124 pal did.

xp per kill: 0.06%
    xp per merc completion: 1%
    time to refresh merc task: 15 min

I was killing about 12 mobs per 15 min. again, a full group of real players could kill a few more at least
    12x0.06 = 2.88%
    1x4 = 4%

that's 6.88% doing the worst merc in the expansion boxing arguably the most intensive box there is in pal/nec being undergeared, under AAed.

most wouldn't be xping without lesson.

I would say this 7% I got in an hour and 6 minutes (6 minutes added for running to reset the tasks) is pretty much the absolute worst as most will be doing HF where you can get an extra 4% (it's easy to do 2 mercs in 15 minutes but not all 3).

math is math. you can have another argument if you want but the fact is doing mercs/named farming is a completely respectable way to level.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Evidently your math is more powerful than mine. 12 x .06 in my world is .72.
  4. FYAD Augur

LDONs are just HAs. So yeah, they probably should bring back more HA options in future expansions.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Lubianx Augur

I think he missed a 4 there (4 x 15 minutes)
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Took2summmit Elder

lol sigh..missing tbe forest for the tree there my guy. if you actually read my post you'd know I meant 12 kills per 15 min and that 12x4 is 48 representing..you know..the hour my entire post was based off.... and I meant to type 12x4x0.06 which in fact equals 2.88.

you somehow don't reply on the actual post and only reply on a blatant typo? you're more of a forum warrior than I even initially thought.

stop spreading your misinformation and use your brain sometimes.

this and the previous post both typed on my cell phone. guess I need to start adding disclosures.
  7. Took2summmit Elder

yes, thanks. someone with some common sense!
  8. Rythorn New Member

Well, exactly like LDoN? Where you go to an NPC to request a dungeon, run a short distance and zone in, complete the task and leave? Not many. Many of them are much easier joining a queue and auto porting to the dungeon.

LDoN may be implemented in a way that is archaic code and would take some rediscovering as one dev was quoted saying just above, but he didn't say it's impossible. It would be a nightmare, again, with more resources to hire more individuals, this becomes less of a nightmare, and more of a possibility. The 5 level increments is obviously going to take a lot of resources to keep recreating the same dungeons everyyyyyyyy level increase, or 5 level gap. But, if the playerbase is pleased, and they like the content, more people play the game from word of mouth - then we have more resources for industry changing type content.

Heroic Adventures are awesome, but it's not the same exact premise. Also, there's some nostalgia here for me, anyways. I just thought it was fantastic. Had leaderboards and everything incorporated into it. Breeds competition. Which ends up in more fun overall. =)
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

But that doesnt imply that a ldon style expansion cant be done. It just means that that they couldnt reuse the ldon coding to do it. They could, if they wanted to, make a ldon using the heroic adventure system, or even a new system entirely now that they know how not to do it.

Im not sure a mission only expansion would be a good thing, but I wouldnt mind going back to the days when there were many missions to choose from. I love doing missions. Better than sitting in one camp killing the same spawns over and over, tho that has its place too if you dont carry it too far.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You still seem to be missing the major issue which is that they don't have the same number of developers that they had in the past. If they had more developers they need to focus on making current/new max level content as there is never enough over content that people have already leveled past. The player base doesn't want the same content repeated every 5 levels in an expansion rather they want new content that they can experience.

As I asked in another post, what other MMO's have tried doing the LDON model after it was released?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Maybe you should listen to the fact players hated LDON since it was released. One of the top 3 worst expansions if you ever played during it for most people (most of the people I know didn't really consider it an expansion but a speed bump on the road). It wasn't fun it was just a long grind that was annoying with terrible exp.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Technically they are coded in a completely different system. LDON != HA.

There are 3 types of instances, quest window, ldon window, and exp window. They don't all work the same.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Translation, they laid off the only guy that new how to do it before getting his work notes.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounded more like if they wanted to make a new version for levels 100-125 they would need to create 6 different versions of everything in order for it to support the 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, and 125 level groups. Yes, he did mention some knowledge would be needed but the expansion was released over 20 years ago so it is understandable that the people who worked on it might not remember everything about it anymore.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

LDON's are called Adventure Window. I think this explains it:

16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How will it reel in new players?
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And also when LDON was released we got 2 expansions a year. Now we would get one just an LDON style.
    Waring_McMarrin and Nennius like this.
  18. JetZeppelin2h Augur

New guys can do everything these days because so much was already known before they started!
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

[IMG]
  20. FYAD Augur

From the player's perspective, they are essentially the same. The OP wants a basic dungeon crawl experience. He may have said "LDON" but I doubt he actually cares what the back end looks like. The HA system fits that objective of providing a dungeon crawl experience.
    Svann2 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.