LDON 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Razure, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Razure New Member

I did not know if there is another place to submit this idea...my recommendation for readily developable content that will help engage the casual/group player and hardcore/raiders both is a refresh of the LDON content. It can be an almost readily cut and paste with the exception of updating the mob stats and perhaps the graphics. Offer the following items that can drop and/or be purchased with mission coin: 1. new type 5s, 2. damage augs, 3. new type 7/8 augs, and 4. new type 18/19 augs. Throw in a few other rewards if you wanted for the double bonus! People will do them over and over and over again if there were rewards that are worth having. Even leave the zones to do them as the old world zones from before. Just my two cents. Be well and happy holidays.
    Iven and Dre. like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You are describing HAs. LDoN is an entire zones worth of manual work for each variation, its not something they just pump out, and the control mechanism for it is very error prone. They have stated multiple times they aren't going to go back to it, and HA system was the revamp.

Theres also multitudes of "repeatable content" systems that have gone in, and abandoned. Its something people are going to grind until they get their rewards then never think of again.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

LDoN-themed HA's, seemingly. Very reasonable request since there are many classic-themed HA's.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

tbh all coding is just cut and paste if you cut and paste the right things! ez pz
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

This is players helping players. Probably want to post in Veterans if you want to be heard.

Second, if you give people those rewards, people will go back and camp Orc 1 in Commonwealth ... even if the mobs are low level. EQ players are w h o r e s for loot, myself included. Your idea is basically give us more loot, which is a fine idea, but has nothing to do with the content you are also proposing.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

I think OP just means to the original map, like a Hardcore Heritage instance, instead of revamping them like PoR and later expansions. Re-using old assets adds nostalgia and saves resources/time.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

What I like at LDoN is that it is a real expansion. Most so called expansions are closed worlds that do only repeat the more or less same pattern of previous expansions, over and over. LDoN did expand classic EQ and was great to have as an alternative and in combination with PoP and everything else. It was the ultimate D&D style dungeon crawl.

For a successor there have to be better graphics, slightly broader tunnels (bigger dimensions), and a better 3D dungeon layout which does make more use of the z-axis by adding lots of stairways (most iconic element) in combination with different floor levels, teleporters, and elevators. Ladders are problematic because of levitation. Only repeating the same themes without updated graphics won't work and only repeating the same themes would be boring. LDoN 2 should continue where LDoN has ended, which is at about lvl 70-75. That would be lvl 75-130 content. For the soundtracks (see and hear below !) I would hire King and Romero again as they did a great job for LDoN. Summary:
    • Up-to-date graphics.
    • Bigger but not oversized dungeon dimensions with slightly broader tunnels.
    • Z-axis: Different dungeon floors that are connected by stairways, teleporters, elevators.
    • New dungeon themes.
    • Level 75-130.
    • Soundtracks by Rob King and Paul Romero.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Suggestions thread. You only have to add the link to your suggestion there, not the suggestion itself ! Most players do post their suggestions in The Veterans' Lounge as the forums are lacking a suggestions subforum.