Launcher broken suddenly on all 3 PCs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sam Hyde, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Sappas Journeyman

Just in case, I would look at the properties of the launchpad icon you usually click to enter game and highlight the target information and copy it to that first line with cd in front of it. Other than that the only thing I can think of is to hit the side of the computer with a hammer... that has never worked for me but it will make you feel better.
  2. Crazzie Lorekeeper

I have a copy and paste EQ folder for 26 years now. Windows 7 and the Launcher are showing missing files. I'd hate to download the Steam EQ files on this computer because i find the steam version crappy F2P. 1 system has windows 7 the rest windows 10 steam installs.

How long for a fix? or reverted fix?
  3. Crazzie Lorekeeper

I went ahead and did the F2P install in case of the Kernel32.dll link was missing in Windows 7, same issue.

Steam 32 days and windows 7 is no longer supported.
  4. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Thanks this did all it to work, not sure how i missed this.
  5. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Rondor likes this.
  6. Ainchoo New Member

For anyone still experiencing the "GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime could not be located in dynamic link library KERNE32.dl" error - this morning I went to the Everquest website, downloaded the game. Once the download begins it will recognize that you already have EQ installed and will give you an option to repair/reinstall. I selected this option, it fixed the launcher and I was back in game.

Odd circumstance though, when I first logged in my shaman it came up as a 1st level shadowknight with no gear, its name was shadowknight123456. I camped out and selected shaman again and the correct toon came up.