Laudation Trigger change was too harsh?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Uxtalzon, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

I completely understand why it was nerfed - a +10% incoming damage debuff on a raid mob is serious damage, especially when several paladins are nuking to apply that debuff on the mob for ~20 or more seconds. From start to finish, a raid mob could literally die 10% faster if paladins managed to keep that debuff on them, and that was pretty OP. You heard me right, something a paladin had was overpowered. lol

But now, it's just a big fail. It was changed to fade in 120 hits or just over one minute, which is just dumb IMO. In a raid it fades within a fraction of a second the moment it's applied, and in groups it fades in three seconds if there's several melee classes in the group. The only true usage of it now is if the paladin is solo, because it lasts just long enough for me to apply 120 hits most times.

I'd wish they had just kept the effect the way it was before (in the Beta forums it literally states "changed to 120 hits, for some reason") and just not have it land on any raid mobs, while anything else is fair game. Problem solved.

Paladin specialty against undead is pretty pathetic now. A tiny bit of extra damage on nukes, handful of slays, and a severely gimped debuff effect doesn't change the kill rate of undead by any more than a few seconds. I considered that 10% debuff instead as a buff to my group that contributes to DPS which uncommonly happens 20% of the time I cast my nuke.

I don't know, feels like the change was just going overboard, because it's freakin' paladins that the change affected. But necro undead slow working on anything? Sure, let that go. :p
  2. Retro Elder

Luadation line always had a proc limit? I was pretty sure it was melee hits... is why it always wears off instantly on a raid mob. Its why you load atleast 2 of those spells in that line when you dpsin.

edit: it is funny however to see it land on you when its reflected in xorbb3
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

I was grouped killing some mob and the necro had all her spells reflect back at her. Didn't know what hit her. lol

The way it was before, it lasted 5 ticks (thought it was 4 or less?) and had no hit limit. Lucy's data hasn't updated to reflect it yet (link), but the current effect is 10+ ticks and has 120 hits before it dissipates.

I was suggesting it be changed back to the way it was before with the limit banestrike currently has - doesn't work on raid mobs.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

All the triggers from the various levels of the spell have had a hit-count cap. The only time this line didn't have a count cap was when the trigger was a snare instead of a damage increase debuff.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Well,10% increase in incoming damage isn't really as OP on raids as you're saying... since it doesn't stack with Funeral Dirge, which is higher (18%), so really, it just helps you make up for a shortfall in bards. ;)

[25290] Elegy Trigger III
    Classes: PAL/86
    Skill: Evocation
    Target: Single (If Undead)
    Range: 200
    Resist: Magic -1000
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
    Max Hits: 125 Incoming Hit Successes
    5: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 10%
    11: Decrease AC by 202

[28334] Paean Trigger III
    Classes: PAL/91
    Skill: Evocation
    Target: Single (If Undead)
    Range: 200
    Resist: Magic -1000
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
    Max Hits: 125 Incoming Hit Successes
    5: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 10%
    11: Decrease AC by 245
    shiftie likes this.
  6. shiftie Augur

What mykaylla said. The elegy line of spells doesn't stack with funeral dirge and so it is mostly useless on raids and only triggers vs undead mobs which requires a necro to scorched bones first. You can nuke a live mob regardless but the trigger spell will only land on undead.

What retro said is also correct, it has had a hit limit for as long as I can remember.
  7. Retro Elder

Changing this line to group only would be the most stupid thing you could possibly do. Apparently you are a terrible paladin if you dont want lua / paean to land on raid mobs. It is like... most of our spell dps.
  8. shiftie Augur

what is going on in this thread? lol
  9. Uxtalzon Augur

And just how many raid mobs are undead nowadays? I was suggesting an improvement with compromise, because devs seem to have a hard time giving paladins a break at just about everything.

If it always had a max hit of 120 for the trigger, then it must have been bugged before the release of RoF, since I had never seen it fade except on duration time. The effect helped me through many HoT zones. I know bards have Funeral Dirge, but they aren't tanks and we don't sing songs so I don't bother comparing them.
  10. Retro Elder

part of luadation line dd portion lands on live mobs. your bane strike idea would probably kill the whole spell.

The 3 remains waves in queen raid are all undead, the shards' landing adds are 90% undead and the chapterhouse adds are undead. Not an insane amount but a handful
  11. Abazzagorath Augur

It has always had a hit limit. Laudation has a hit limit and has since its initial entry, you're not looking at the data right.

These debuff nukes have had the same 125 hit limit since the second spell in the line up (Burial Rites, level 71).

The only one that never had a hit limit is Last Rites, which is level 68, but more importantly, was a snare and not an ac/dmg debuff.