Latest patch making non tanks mitigate better

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Time Burn, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Horyuken Augur

We will know in the next 30 or so days, if this is the case, anything else is just speculation. I would think it is easier to fix the problem then change the way mobs work in the next expansion.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

There is no real problem that needs to be fixed. Group mobs will always be "too" easy if you are in raid gear or even just fully group geared. Raid stuff is already tuned on a per-event/per-mob basis.

The real answer is not making players weaker after they have paid and played to make themselves powerful. The real answer is to make challenging new content, more often, so that players continue to feel challenged.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

"The purpose of being a tank isn't to snooze while tanking. They probably want tanks to feel challenged by the content, while still being forgiving towards other classes."

While I get this idea, I am sure they won't be "snoozing" through the new content that will be coming out.

I am not sure where this "snoozing" idea came from, but a tank is suppose to be able to handle tough situations better than the rest of us. If you are getting smacked around with a tank in your group, then they are truly snoozing. If you aren't, then they are doing what they are suppose to be doing, keeping the attention on them, regardless of how many or how tough the mob is.

Perhaps what it is...is that other classes are snoozing. Clerics finding tanks to easy to heal, pullers not splitting mobs as effectively because the tanks can handle more, mezzers not needing to CC as much. Perhaps that is where the issue lies, not in the tank's ability to handle so much, but the other classes not feeling challenged enough to support that tank. *dons flak jacket*
  4. Gnomereaper Augur

5. Questoften32 Augur

Its a blessing. Think mana from heaven, good coming from evil, or just pick your saying and be grateful.
  6. Treiln Augur

Tanks are already replaced by pets. Last thing we need is for tanks to be less tanky, while making bards able to stand in our place.
  7. fransisco Augur

nerf bards!

And beastlords, because they have pets! :)
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

inb4 nerf mage pets
  9. Questoften32 Augur

Afraid they will get too much mitigating barding?
  10. Wizlard Augur

Mostly to kick tanks a second time while they are down..

Why do you think? Because they decided other classes don't take melee damage as well as they should.. Frankly, I like the changes on paper, except when it comes to guilds who haven't finished EoK.
  11. Smix New Member

I don't play anywhere near end game but it would be nice to see casters able to take some hits better. Back in the day you could accidentally agro a mob and take hits for a few seconds or more while the tank had the chance to pull agro back off of you. Today there just isn't any chance of that. Being sent to spawn in one or two rounds, even with a rune doesn't give that chance anymore.

I understand casters aren't tanks. Aren't meant to be, but shouldn't be disposable the moment they get agro.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Clearly the OP has no idea of the Tanking mechanic's of the game are. Otherwise they would not even have started this teary eyed drivel of a thread ..
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Want to see caster's take hits better, have them instead of loading pure dps spells actually use their AA's an caster "shield" style spells and their runes ..

From what I've seen personally on multiple servers, maby 2/10 actually do this in grp content.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Cloudia Augur

yeah, now splain to me why it is that Druids wearing leather take more damage in melee than a cloth wearing class?
    My Chanter sans runes is able to survive against the same mob that eats my Druid. This in spite of the Druid having a lot more AA and full raid gear, while the Chanter is in mix-N-match as an alt/box
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Because your putting the druid up against the RUNE king of the game Enchanter. That is why. NO caster's runes are as powerful or fast to recast as a chanter's .. (who can stack multiples on themselves) That's why ..
    Treiln likes this.
  16. Treiln Augur

My Chanter box will outlive a Druid as well. All those self buffs = lots of free hits via runes/increased AC, etc etc.
  17. fransisco Augur

casters need a chance to cast whatever defensive ability they have.

1-2 rounds can happen mid cast, stunned, while moving, ect.
    Its unreasonable to expect casters to sit with finger hovering over a defensive ability to survive 3 seconds of a trash mob accidentally hitting them.
  18. svann Augur

When people are posting in the forums saying that a good puller is no longer necessary, that may indicate to devs that tanks have gotten OP. So stop saying that.
  19. Treiln Augur

Time to go back to "Do not engage until 80% and pray you do not crit in your first 2 hits"

:D
  20. segap Augur

There are two reasons for good pullers not being needed. The first is what this thread is about -- tanks can snooze through multiple mobs. The second is that you have to try to pull more than 2-3 mobs. In most places any class can fling anything at a mob and get 1, 2 or 3 max. People playing games with all their pulling tools for the same outcome is inefficient. Mob placement and aggro radius have just as much to do with not needing a good puller as tanks being too strong versus current content.