Latest patch making non tanks mitigate better

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Time Burn, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Warpeace Augur

Its usually not an accident if it was a trash mob and they end up pulling agro. Don't go balls deep and you don't need to tank as a squishy. If you yank agro please stop running all over the zone so a tank can better pull agro back off your over agro or die with some dignity in place. There is an agro meter for a reason try it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Caster's not being able to cast self rune's or damage soaking aa's .. is directly the fault of the tanks in their grps. Be it a knight tank a warrior tank or a pet tank .. Aggro generation is THEE defacto defining trait of tanks ..
    Average tanks = hold agro most of the time, an yes at times slip up ..

Great Tanks = never wipe or slip up on singles or even double to triple mob pulls .. an rarely lose agro on any / all extended target mobs.

So to try to imply that caster's inability to self buff (damage absorbtion styled buffs) is a default of the caster's themselves for being hit / pummeled on by mobs .. is an ignorant strategy to try to imply, as it is not the caster's fault they are getting beat on. It is in fact the fault of the Tank every single time..

(the lone exception is of course if the healer died, which again leads BACK to the tank in the first place.. how did the healer via healing steal your agro ? Hell I've been in grps where the clerics toss out MASS agro via the undead lines yet never spike on my radar..)
  3. Goneamuk Journeyman

Nerf all of the classes except those I play....

Wait, I've got at least 1 of everything....

MAKE NEW CLASSES. DB needs something to nerf.
  4. Gnomereaper Augur

I just say we get to the root of the problem and nerf gnomes.
  5. Goneamuk Journeyman

Well, it's true that tinkering leads to no good.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

If this change didn't nerf tank ability and just boosted others' mitigation I dare say I have my foot in my mouth right now. I still think many of the other changes are abysmal and uncalled for, but a base mitigation increase for non-tanks is nice.
  7. Azorin Journeyman

105 SK AC with 1HS + Shield (Before patch) 4227 / 2144
    --(after patch: (4403 or 4025)/2144) 4% gain or ~6% loss - see bug below

AC 2HS (Before patch) 3820 / 2143 (after patch: 3597 / 2143) ~6% loss

Note: No change to 2nd number
    BUG: When I log into game my AC is 4403 (1h + Shield), if I bandolier to 2h (AC 3618) and back to (1h + Shield) my AC is now (4025) -- ~400 AC is going somewhere...

Bandolier is fine for switching to any 1H setup. Once you switch to a 2H and back to a 1H AC drops ~10% and does not return. I have to log out to get back my full ac. Some thing is messed up in the math/coding.

-- Refunded 26AA for Improved Demand for Honor
    Helix does cast from Impose for Power now - seems to be working ok

Undead snare is now part of normal snare - down side: no longer instant cast.
  8. Cloudia Augur

Apparently Wulf missed that little notation **sans runes**
    This was a comment comparing oranges, not contrasting apples to oranges. Both characters have the same set of buffs, difference is class and gear/AA.
    I am quite aware that caster classes, and especially Chanters have a lot of defensive toys in their kit. Drawback with those toys is they have either a short duration or a hit count so erode quickly requiring constant recasting thus taking up a spell slot.
  9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Try toggling Soul Flay on and off to fix your AC.