Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skuz, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Phinigel Server:
    This quest is still really buggy, 3 attempts - no update for the location, many other players are having the same issue having repeated this as many as 8 or 9 times before getting an update - that's totally unacceptable.
    Killed the orc 3 times and it didn't drop the note once so I never even got the second stage update others reported getting while missing the location update.

Was previously "Fixed Internally" here: - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-last-of-the-storm-boars.261744/#post-3852644

Another report "Fixed Internally" here - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-last-of-the-storm-boars.261559/#post-3852073

I will not be following up on this bug since this broken crap and the series of deaths that resulted from those update failures was the final straw that made me decide to quit EQ, I gave further feedback in the survey-monkey leaving questionnaire.
    When you must do progression to level, when your server has pretty much zero tanks playing anymore in your time-zone so you need to rely on a merc tank that may as well be made of toilet tissue, when you have buggy quests like this that block you being able to progress in the very first quest in the very first zone of the expansion, when your only alternative recourse to gain levels is to grind for hours & hours for pitiful XP - it is time to go.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The fix for pets, swarm, or mercs being on top hate or tank (or kill shot?) on the orc or the giants/wolves blocking drop/update I believe both were fixed (or I kept getting lucky on the orc). At one of the patches afterwards, the orc again was blocking drop/update with pet, swarm, or mercs being top hate or tank, (or kill shot), but the wolves/giants were still fixed.

Or there's an additional bug if the part of the script with the orc does not properly reset on the zone if it is not completed properly/despawned, or killed by a different group, or another groups orc is still up when you trigger your task.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Good luck, Skuz.
  4. Time zone Journeyman

Today at 11:14 AM
    today at 11:07 AM
    made petition, but got a crappy answer from DBG !!!,(Game MasterToday at 10:15
    Greetings Adventurer,

Unfortunately, you will need to wait until the issue is fixed and repeat the event again at that time to receive credit. CS is unable to update or progress the quest for you at this time. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.
    Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC )

[EQ] Official Forums
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php).... I hope while they do maintenance it gets fixed, this quest is holding me up. I am going to try again, and if i /fail then will ask for help
    [11:09 AM]
    here is the quest https://tov.eqresource.com/thelastofthestormboars.php here is the video
    EverQuest Forums
    EverQuest Forums
    Daybreak Game Company
    Ultimate Online Gaming Destination | Daybreak Game Company
    daybreakgames.com is Daybreak Game Company's ultimate online gaming destination, providing immersive entertainment for your PC and Console.

YouTube
    Doctor Nachoz
    EVERQUEST - The Heroic Team # 59 - The last of the Storm Boars -- S...
  5. Time zone Journeyman

• rday at 08:56

DBG,
      Went to do " the last of the Storm boars Quest" Giant fort and killed orc 3 times ( inside, outside, in the fort) I got a page, but no update
      use player support advice, but Still no update.
      Requesting Credit, I can NOT complete the quest until this is done
    • Game Master
      Yesterday at 10:56

Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may be a bugged quest (The Last of the Storm Boars). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to use the in-game /bug command so that our team can pinpoint the issue and initiate an internal fix for this. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be done through dev first. Once it is fixed and you still require assistance, you can let us know.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
      Regards,
      Game Master Serl
      Daybreak Game Company, LLC
      [EQ] Official Forums
      https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php

• Today at 05:56

once it is fixed will I get credit for completing the Quest??
      When is Dev team going to work on it ??
    • Game Master
      Today at 10:15

Greetings Adventurer,

Unfortunately, you will need to wait until the issue is fixed and repeat the event again at that time to receive credit. CS is unable to update or progress the quest for you at this time. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.
      Regards,
      Game Master Serl
      Daybreak Game Company, LLC
      [EQ] Official Forums
      https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I still cannot get this quest to work.

Completely empty zone for hours with just me and my boxes in it so I thought I would do what others have reportedly done & that is to get the quest go to the Giant fort, and then drop it & get it again if it fails.

Well, surprise surprise.....

I got this quest, so I cleared the building that the Orc pops in, go iside, Orc Pops I still get no update, kill orc, loot the page still no location update..
    Ran around outside edge of building too.
    No update, nothing seems to work.

So I drop the quest, destroy the page.

I get the quest again, re-clear the building, no orc pops no location update, inside or out.

Went to Yealdin, said [Try Again] dropped Quest

Re took Quest - checked the 3rd & 2nd location to make sure no "stuck" part of the later stages was up causing a blockage or something - none of the quest mobs for the later steps appear to be up.

Cleared the building (orc was not up) - entered building and the orc popped - no update again, ran around in building no update, killed the orc in the building for the second time, looted page, got an update message for looting the page but the loaction update - step 1 had still not updated.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Update:

After a copuple more tries....

I found this post:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ak-partisan-quests-in-ew.261811/#post-3852145

which describes a problem where pet tanks and merc tanks would block players getting the first step update, something that was supposedly fixed.

Suspended My Shaman pet - re-tried, still no update.

Swapped Merc Tank out for a Healer Merc, suspended Shaman Pet & tanked it as a Zerker - it hurt but I got the update as soon as the Orc died.

So.

It is not actually a location update even though you would logically assume it was, it is a kill update for step one, however it has to be a player on the top of the aggro list, possibly both upon pull & upon kill.

This quest appears to require a player & nothing else being on top of aggro to give updates, Pets, or Mercs will break it and not give your group updates.

Either the prior fix didn't work or it has broken again after it was fixed & reverted back to the same problematic state.

I continued the rest of the quest tanking it on my Zerker - not wanting to risk it breaking again if anything else was going to bug & not update due to a merc tank, finally finished this POS quest.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Which I described in the second post already.

I remember running it successfully with pet post patch, and having the issue again later so seems it was fixed and reverted.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didn't ignore this, but having heard from guildies they had run it & got the update with pet tanks & merc tanks I was told the quest was fixed for this bug.

Problem was identifying that step 1 was in fact a kill update rather than a location update - none of the posts I found seemed to clearly make that distinction or didn't understand how that part worked properly. Part of that issue is just how the description of step 1 is worded - reading it most would assume it was a location update rather than a kill update - PLEASE developers take note of that confusion.

So I was running under the assumption that I had to stand in the right spot for update 1 and kill the orc & loot the letter for update 2 when it didn't actually work like that.

After multiple attempts - which several people said they had to do to get the "location update" I just decided something was wrong with how I was doing things & it just had to be pets or mercs breaking the updates, I had tried everything else.

Zerkers, even raid geared ones are terrible tanks at this level but with tributes it was doable.
  10. Balthozzar Elder

This is just absolutely ridiculous. I am still running into problems with this quest after a year and a half. My ENC/DRU/MAG 3-box team managed to get to the giants, but it bugged at killing the 3rd wolf and wouldn't update (again). If they can't get it to work right with pet and/or merc tanks, then change the stupid quest already. For crying out loud, this is a year and half later, and it is a required progression quest. There is no excuse for this.

EDIT: Oh, and while you're at it, do something about the stupid wandering corpse orc at step 2 in the giant fort being in a dumb location. I've never been able to agro it without going into the house and getting within melee range. And even with calm/harmony on the other giants, I always get at least 2 giants to agro along with it, making it really hard to pull that guy and not die in the process.
    Mennegroth likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Merc tanking or Pet tanking definitely did not work for me on the Orc, I didn't test the remaining parts of the quest I just assumed they were broken too and tanked all of it on my zerker on my (10th - I think) last run.

1: Go to the giant fort and find where the Storm Boars are. 0/1
    I opted to clear the giants out before going in to trigger/fight the orc, from my own research a bunch of people have had the orc update bug out if you pull him outside and that was while using player tanks, I did not trust pacify/calm to last long enough.
    I engaged it in the room after clearing the giants out - and you can't slack on clearing speed either, after clearing the room of its 4 giants the 2 giants on the outside left of the building repopped so I double invised with my Bard & ran my trio in to engage, used burns to get it done before repops in the room started.

4: Defeat the undead orcs 0/1
    Three orcs out in the open, super easy to split

6: Defeat the undead dire wolves surrounding the Storm Boars 0/1
    easy split - however I had a bunch of skeletons around them too, I just cleared everything

7: Defeat the Storm Boars and gather proof that you found them 0/1
    Two giants, easy split after the wolves & skeletons are out of the way
  12. Balthozzar Elder

Hmm. I don't usually have any luck with that. The orc spawns when I get close. And this particular team is kind of low dps, so killing fast isn't much of an option. I could maybe swap in a melee dps merc for one of the healer mercs I use and just try and heal more with the druid.

I'm not very good at splitting mobs unless calm/harmony will work. I have a couple of toons with FD, and I just never got the hang of FD pulling, for instance. For me, those three orcs are just too close to each other for calm to help split them.

Basically, that team simply has no option to tank other than mercs or pets, so if that doesn't get fixed, I can't do that quest with that team by myself. And my server is pretty low population these days with the new progression servers.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Enchanter in your trio is the best puller, even while you cannot mezz giants the Enchanter gets two Knockback/Root/Blur AA - Beguiler's Directed Banishment (1Tar) & Beguiler's Banishment (1-8Tar) which in conjunction calm.root/blur can be really useful as one of your pulling tools, it's directional so be careful with it as what direction you face is where you punt them.

Pathing in the room is a <insert expletive of choice here> when I pulled it I opted to calm the other three mobs then pull the one on the side of the door the orc spawns on keeping the doorway of the building directly straightline between the giant & myself - that helped it path out easier. Rinse & repeat for the giant on the other side of the door.

Maybe with those two cleared from either side of the door you can calm the other giants in the building & go in to fight the orc - re-calming the giants as needed.

The orcs for 4: are mezzable so you shouldn't even need to split those, the wolves for 6: I don't recall if they can be mezzed or not but I think with care you can pull the skeletons which are mezzable without getting wolves with them.

I guess you could use a Merc tank to say 5% hp or a tad lower then maybe suspend it & rune tank it on the Enc or whoever has aggro at that point - the EXT target window will show who has the highest threat after the tank - then just take down the last few hp with a player as target should work.

Or you could wait for the devs to fix this again, but who knows when that will be.