kunark zems adjusted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, May 9, 2018.

1. Zansobar Augur

All of that data was posted about a month ago when Coirnav launched.
  2. Lortl Journeyman

What is his guild doing?
  3. Kahna Augur

You are more than welcome to do the testing yourself. Test buff to 25 on the test server, then compare exp gain in the various zones by killing even con mobs and recording your exp gain. (You could do the same thing at different levels but test buffing meant I didn't have to level anything.)

My testing used overland zones as a base, none of the overland zones I tested (all the zones with level 25 mobs in them) were any different than each other. They were all a straight 15% exp gain per even con kill at level 25. Every zone I tested (MM, Unrest, UGuk, SolA) either had it's ZEM lowered (UGuk, Unrest, SolA) or it remained the same (MM). Nothing was increased as far as I was able to tell.

Even if my testing missed a zone that had it's exp increased (possible) it's highly unlikely that the players on Coirnav would have missed a leveling zone that had received a massive exp boost. Considering the changes did nothing to change the primary leveling path people stuck to, it's unlikely anything was boosted noticeably.

As we said before Coirnav went live with the classic changes, ZEM is only a very small factor in why people choose to level where they do. Changing Kunark ZEMs is not going to have the effect they desire, it's just not. Classic proved that. All it did was nerf over all exp by lowering the ZEMs in popular zones. I was okay with it in classic, because why not try new things, but for Kunark? Seriously? The thing they tried failed to accomplish their goal so they do it again? Because doing the same thing and expecting a different result is how things work? No, you learn from your failures and try something different, you don't double down on a bad plan.
    Fumi-chan likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

Has anyone tested Kunark zones on a progression server before the patch and now after the patch?
  5. discordkitty Augur

Not a clue, I just mean that any negative post about people being trained or whatever else by people with that tag is removed. Anything negative regarding the guild and its players is removed.
  6. Grish Augur

I'm sure you are correct. I wasn't really suggesting that. I was suggesting adding better drops to zones with low populations. Not moving mobs or specific items.
  7. Silvara Elder

It's not just on reddit, it's on the DBG forums too. I see posts disappear all the time from their recruitment thread when someone calls them out on bad behavior. Sometimes it feels like pulling teeth to get DBG to moderate the TLP forums, yet within minutes of a negative post on the RI recruitment thread it poofs. Pretty convenient. :p
  8. discordkitty Augur

Well from what I understand, calling people out by name - no matter who it is - is not allowed on these forums. I'm sure the guild members just insta report them to get them removed as it's a rule violation here.

Maybe there needs to be a /r/TrueCoirnav kind of like the less strictly moderated offshoots of offmychest etc.
  9. taliefer Augur

we are all just cogs in the krosino wheel
  10. Dranix Augur

You've kind of got to hand it to them. A few people have turned everquest into an investment strategy and monetized their guild. The members just let it happen so I'm guessing they're aware and are more concerned about pixels than being taken advantage of.
  11. discordkitty Augur

They have and it's whatever because people get banned for RMT, but I honestly wonder how many are just completely ignorant. For all I know the guild I'm in could be RMTing , but I also know we DKP for , the guild bank provides all reagents, potions, spells, tradeskill items and whatever else we need. They could be making RL money from us, but as my needs are met I have no idea what goes on beyond that.
  12. Febb Augur

Does your guild not post what is in their guild bank and a transaction log? If not then it should.
  13. Sultan Elder

This would require a load of coding. No thank you, they already run a skeleton crew now.

The simple solution is, if you want loot you sacrifice XP and if you want XP you sacrifice loot. buff the XP ZEM on zones with not so favourable loot and reduce it on ones that have highly sort after loot. Pretty simple I thought.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

Bump

Now that Kunark has been out for a few days, what are people opinions on the experience of various Kunark zones?

My observation has been that Seb and Chardok are equally bad, haven't gotten HS key so can't comment on that.

Also for 40's it appears that KC is a viable or potentially superior alternative to CoM now.
  15. uk6999 Augur

OS is really bad and Chardok is slightly better. I am not sure where they put the increased ZEM at but way to nerf popular zones. Haven't had time to get HS key yet. A lot of depends on your group and if you have outside DPS helping. I have had groups that get as little as 8% per hour and groups that have gotten 20%. Levels have ranged from taking 8-10 hours down to 5. If i had to guess 50-60 will take between 60-100hours.

My advice to DBG. Quit messing with what works.
  16. Cupie1 Journeyman

50-60 took 31 hours
  17. uk6999 Augur

Gonna say that's impossible for most people. You would have to have multiple enchanters and or out of group DPS to do 3 hours per level. At best most players with sub optimal groups will be lucky to get 20% per hour.