kunark zems adjusted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, May 9, 2018.

1. YellowBelly Augur

lol. The tlp forums never fail to deliver on the laughs.
    Dythan likes this.
  2. malaki Augur

People going to be real sad when Dalnir and CoM xp becomes trash tier.
  3. Risiko Augur

I absolutely hated those healing mobs in Dalnir. To hell with that zone lol
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Id like to see solo areas get a boost. I cant help but feel sorry for those players. But soloing was a really big thing back in the day.
  5. Fumi-chan Augur

Per Prathun: The ZEMs on Live are not the same as they were when Kunark launched. In some cases, the ZEM changes restore zones to what they were at launch.

These are the old old Kunark ZEMs. I don't see Nurga or Dalnir on the list but recall those to be a pretty high ZEM as well. Note the negative ZEM on LoIO.

Kunark:
    Burning Woods-0%
    Charasis-13.3%
    Chardok-13.3%
    City of Mist-13.3%
    Dreadlands-0%
    Emerald Jungle-0%
    Field of Bone-0%
    Fironia Vie-0%
    Frontier Mountains-0%
    Kaesora-46.7%
    Karnor's Castle-13.3%
    Kurn's Tower-100%
    Lake of Ill Omen- (-)14.3%
    Sebilis-13.3%
    Skyfire Mountains-6.7%
    Swamp of No Hope-0%
    The Overthere-0%
    Trakanon's Teeth-0%
    Veksar-33.3%
    Warsliks Woods-0%
  6. Ryak Augur

I hope that Karnor's gets a big boost. That's one dungeon zone where I thought the ZEM was wildly too low for the type of content. I never really figured out why the exp there was set to be such garbage.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree. On Phinny I did Karnor's for about an hour before deciding anyplace was better xp.
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

This issue with this suggestion is that it essentially works out to an XP nerf on a server with an already low XP rate. People don't want to level in a zone with poor drops, population density and repop times. In other words, even if you cripple the popular zones to force people into unpopular zones, people will STILL go to Chardok, Seb, CoM, etc for the loot and mob density. The only thing that lowering the ZEM rate will accomplish is pissing off the playerbase and ruining the overall experience. Alternatively, people may simply say screw this and quit because the XP rate is so poor in their favorite zone.

I'm usually not one to say the sky is falling but I've witnessed how the Coirnav population has been in decline. There will of course be a spike when Kunark drops, however if people come back to try and give the game a second chance and find the XP rates to be just as bad, if not worse due to ZEM changes, then they'll probably quit for good (or at least until a better TLP launches).
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

Have we found a zone that was adjusted up with the classic changes that is now a decent zone that was not before?

Like many have said, feels like these changes, intentional or not, only serve to nerf already slow exp on corn.

Maybe with this kunark round of changes, could we maybe try just buffs instead? Keep popular places the same, and jack up some lesser used/bad places. This serves what I believe was the original purpose of these changes (get people to spread out a bit), accepts that you wont move people off the golden path without severe nerfs, AND maybe most importantly keeps players on corn happy.
  10. Fumi-chan Augur

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. Popular zones were nerfed, unpopular zones weren't increased enough and continued to be ignored. As a result, the overall ZEM modifications felt like a nerf with zero player benefit.

I like the idea of just doing ZEM buffs to unpopular zones and leaving the popular ones untouched. It's still going to be a long grind to 60, no need to make it any worse.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

As a longtime player, I have always enjoyed having alts for different occasions. However, since the original change to ZEM classic zones, I find the task of leveling them more frustrating than enjoyable so I have stopped. With my main character being capped in AA, BiS in current era and with most hunter achievements done, I don't find myself doing much except spending less time on EQ. I recently cancelled the recurring subscription on 4 of my 5 accounts with the news of these changes also being implemented to Kunark as I expect it will continue to be a common trend going forward. You are absolutely correct in assuming people may simply say screw this.
    Lantherion likes this.
  12. Sultan Elder

It could also simply be a case of many people just accepting that the poor XP rates on the standard path is the result of the reduced overall xp gain of Corinav itself, which makes sense because they never really announced the change very well which left a lot of people in game to call bs when people mentioned it OR the entire debate came out that hot zones and ZEM's dont exist until after ToS....

If you mess around with respawn rates you increase plat gain per hour along with the amount of nameds and rare items in the game that could have a negative effect on economy in the game. Not that it matters anyway as Krono has had a negative impact on the economy anyway.

While I tend to agree that some areas where not raised enough to compensate for the change to the higher ZEM areas like Guk and SolB, the change was good enough to warrant going to other areas to get away from the douchbaggery in those zones, which with the amount of times you get trained, KS'd and had to wait on respawns made it much more enjoyable and just as fast on an xp per hour front with little to no contest.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Sultan Elder

So let me get this straight, your main is on a live server where you are currently max AA and BiS for the era, you came to Corniav to experiment on a TLP server and are quitting because of the XP rates on a server that isn't your main server, along with cancelling your box army with it? Makes total sense......
  14. Celatus Augur

If you cant handle corniav you did not classic. Its super easy mode here... 50 to 60 will be a pain but it was a pain in classic fastest guy did it in 17 days on corniav it will be done in 50hrs or less...
  15. taliefer Augur

not really a valid argument considering the amount of time in each expansion originally, vs 3 months now.
  16. Celatus Augur

17 days down to 2 days i think its a very valid argument
  17. Machentoo Augur

No thanks, rather not have to spend time each night figuring out which zones are least populated, and then relocating an hour later when everyone else figures out the same.
  18. MaxTheLion Augur

Not all implemented changes are limited to the "center of the universe" server Coirnav. Some of these changes affect players on live and other TLPs alike. So yes, it makes total sense that as a customer I have the option to not fund a company I feel is headed in the wrong direction. My decision stems from my belief that they are making bad decisions keeping certain servers in mind yet applying the changes on a global scale.
  19. Sultan Elder

You specifically stated that you made this decision based on your experience on Corinav....
  20. Fumi-chan Augur

I think what Max is trying to say is that being tapped out on live, he decided to venture into the latest TLP to see if that would provide some level of entertainment and it did not. As such, he decided to cancel. Nothing wrong with that.