Krono Prices Mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slayerwolf, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Prices are skyrocketing at a nearly exponential rate. Obviously, plat dropped in the game is linear, at best. Has to be some form of plat duplication.

Go to sleep at 290k a Krono and wake up to 370k....
  2. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

Solution = Don't sleep
    yoshi945haha, Fenthen and jeskola like this.
  3. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

This tired conversation again?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Slayerwolf Elder

An unfettered plat duplication bug being exploited endlessly creating an exponential increase in plat is "tired conversation." Paid shill.
  5. Achillez Elder

Hey, you gotta give credit where credit is due though. From Dec 1 to Jan 1 Krono prices went from 250k to 220k. This all happened right after news began being pushed that 3 accounts involved in the plat dupe had been perma banned. Things were looking great for a month as far as economy stabilization, everything with from prices of items to krono were incredibly stable. Unfortunately again krono went from 220k to 370k in a matter of a few days, I just hope it will not be a repeat and double/triple the prices of every item for sale in the bazaar again. As much as I'd like it to, sadly it doesn't look like the root of the problem has ever been resolved, only the removal of some of the symptoms which will continuously creep back. Here's my bold prediction: if the server is not dead by the end of the year - the prices of krono will exceed what they are on live servers.
  6. Strife Lorekeeper

Eh, as Krono goes up so does everything you sell. It's not like you've really gained or lost anything tbh. The price is just a number of pixels. Your bazaar trader mule prices will go up in tandem with krono prices and down with krono prices. It all evens out.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure where this "news" was pushed since it would have been all rumors. And the fact the price is back up would indicate it was not those accounts that caused it - just saying it is like this game wide, not just server wide.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are you saying Krono prices go up 50% every few days on all servers not just mischief?
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

Krono was 70k on my last TLP going into House of Thule. This is Mischief/Thornblade, not game-wide.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, on Tunare we jump daily. Was 2.2 last month and is now 3.5.
  11. Lumiens Augur

This must be due to Covid and all the Stimulus checks.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats interesting, even more interesting is Mischief is the only TLP server complaining about it. I wonder if its not all servers but just a couple as you would expect Aradune/Mangler/Coirnav etc to be complaining as well if things were sky rocketing and they aren't
  13. Gnothappening Augur

If it is a dupe, and I'm not saying it is, it could be related to this stage of the TLP life cycle. It would also be an item that has mismatched sell and buy prices from vendors. If that is the case it might only appear during this era of the game.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Possible but that wouldnt explain Tunare. Unless its a well kept secret but we know how that tends to go..
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

There was a plat dupe... VERY OBVIOUS.

However, I will just play the idiot card here and say that I think its because the server population is so massive and so many more people are farming gems! Now I bet some of you feel like you can relate to me!
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definitely a hedgie!

(AMC to the moon!)
  17. Korea numbah3 Elder

AMC to cellar boxing
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  18. Fluid Augur

FWIW Way back in days of dialup.<sic>

There were people that went over the lists of everything and every way you could make pp in the game. I mean people are REALLY about it in modern times too, but back then it was insane. SOE/Verant was just as crazy about making sure the only way you could make money in the game with trades was by selling to other players. Not one copper of profit on anything you could could fashion by buying items off vendors. Best you could do is maybe making a profit on foraged or dropped items that you then used in trades.

Some people figured out SOE dealt with it the same way each time. If you could make some money buying Shark Fins off a NPC and use cooking to turn them into Shark Fin Soup, not a real example but if you want to look it up it's a hint, and make a profit the powers that be would raise the price on Shark Fins to a dozen pp.

So some enterprising people saw there was some profit to be made when a patch was announced. They filled all their characters' bank slots with backpacks filled with Shark Fins. Sure enough, come patch day they made thousands of pp before the game started hemorrhaging loot.

I mention this just from a perspective of some pp are technically legal, some are just temporary. It could be a dupe, it could just as easily been someone tracks prices vs expansion levels and noticed something. Technically it would still be a cheat since it is an unintended consequence of programming, but not a bannable offense to date.
  19. Achillez Elder

Looks like our old friend is back to fill his bank account on EC tunnel. Somewhere between 200-250 krono were bought out completely in the bazaar this morning priced anywhere from 385k-420k. Enjoy your inflation.

[IMG]
  20. Numiko Augur

Barter is a much better indicator then bazaar, top buyer in barter at this moment on Mischief is offering 460K, and for what its worth the top seller in bazaar has dropped his price to 650K. Same Fellow too Flamkz.