Kill Stealing / Rmt Krono farming = your opinion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lyrical, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Wayylon Augur

Easy fix, trivial loot code the server, no xp = no loot.
  2. Bobbydomino Elder

It's going to be like this in every zone. I was in 3 dungeons today and there was a 50 magician at every named spawn / PH. Pretty lame.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You understand it's not the mage that is the problem. It's the ability to make hundreds of krono on a new TLP with little effort using (x) class.
  4. Lyrical Augur

Krakked this person is ONLY killing the respawns that can drop the farm items. There were 2 groups, and a duo in the basement all having a free for all for exp down there pulling lord knows what whenever we could find a mob. The 2 groups and duo players had absolutely no problem with this and whoever got the pull kept the mob.

There is not a shot in hades that a person sitting in the same place pulling nothing, but just sending a pet out of sight range to engage mobs, and or running to new locations when a wanted mob spawns can do that by knowing ph times since they in fact are NOT killing the trash mobs. I was killing trash, as was another group, as was a duo team. The mage as stated previously would only pop up or send the pet when a wanted mob spawned. There is no way you can time 1 ph across the zone when he hadnt killed it in over 2 hours. I know because it was the mob closest to my group and I had kept it cleared, until of course it was a mob he wanted. Then magically he came running to take it, way ahead of his pet. I had my pulling toon where the mage was, and had my cleric watching the ph spot, 2 totally different sides of the zone with at least 5 walls between him and the mob. The INSTANT the mob spawned, the mage stood and started running directly to it. And I was the only one killing that ph for 2 hours. No way for anyone to get a time on it when they are sitting way out of visi range........unless they had other tools to keep track.
  5. Lyrical Augur

I agree. Its the person behind the level 50 toon as any class can slay level 20 mobs quickly and the disrespect of letting xp groups clear the mobs only to steal any named they have spawned, even if its been engaged or pulled to their group. Which is what this topic is mainly about. Kill stealing for money.
  6. code-zero Augur

There's no such thing as kill stealing. this is a discussion that happened when Ragefire first opened. The mage are using game knowledge and game mechanics to farm items that they can trade. It's really that simple. Get use to it or just move on to another zone because those guys are going to be there till Kunark opens
  7. Lyrical Augur

I have read it and believe there is a strong argument for...

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

Isnt normal playability pulling mobs to camp and your group killing them? Does waiting for other groups to spawn nameds, pull them, and then send in your pet to kill only the loot droppers count as "defined as normal" gameplay? There is without question reasonable grounds on the monopolizing section when you are purposely allowing others to spawn what you want, and then killing the valuable targets...........especially when someone else has already engaged them.

Im all about capitalism. Im all about a higher level being able to go farm stuff. Its ALWAYS been part of the game. Ive just not had the experience of having someone steal every single loot dropper in a zone without actually working the camp themselves. It certainly WAS harming and inconviencing every single other group and player in that zone. It certainly was monopolizing most or all spawns.
  8. Lyrical Augur

Yeah im moving on. Only a couple more weeks left no biggy. I was just curious if this is what an incredible old game has become because I havent had to deal with this before. I mean tons of what use to be against the rules magically has had those rules disappear and as suggested maybe im just not keeping up with it. And yeah, if I got my panties in a big enough twist I could just sit toons in every room ready to nuke anything that spawned, but like you say move on.........not to other zones for me as suggested..........but to other things life has to offer haha. Which is happening anyway.

Just really hate seeing folks not be able to camp their own stuff and enjoy the game because the bosses let massive a-orifices make pocket change by taking everyone elses ability to enjoy the game.
  9. code-zero Augur

There are no camps recognized by Daybreak. If the Mage were rounding up every experience mob in the entire zone and killing them all then you'd have something to go with. Specifically targetting a few mobs doesn't do it
  10. Realitycheck Elder

This is the greatest paragraph ever written on these boards.
  11. Numiko Augur

actually they do recognize camps, but you are correct they will not interfere in disputes about camps not even if you were there first. to quote the PnP:

12. T_LoL_P_Servers New Member

Actually there was a large period of time when acting in this manner (KSing, camp stealing, training etc.) was VERY MUCH frowned upon. It would get you blacklisted