Kill Stealing / Rmt Krono farming = your opinion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lyrical, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Lyrical Augur

So I have leveled up enough to enjoy one of my favorite zones of all time Runnyeye. The mobs have few hit points for their con and the xp is great in a group even with the Phinny xp penalty. The problem is every single day there is at least one anon level 50 magician sitting in the same spot who kills only mobs that can drop the 2 big farm items in the zone. I know this because he/she told me so in tells after sending their pet after my pulls and another groups mobs. The other amazing part is how they are able to stand up and run around the basement directly to where a fresh named has spawned even without track, and without the use of 3rd party software. I have played mage long enough to know you can make macros that allow you to send the pet after mobs without ever targetting them or seeing them yourself. I have yet to learn how as a magician you know where and when something has spawned that is not targetable by legal means. Now I could see a player character following their own pet to the mob, but pathing in this zone for pets is soooooooooo bad your pet likely will not beat another player to the mob. So this mage stands up and beats his/her pet to the freshly spawned mob in those cases where the pet is to far away from the mob to path quickly enough. I have asked to please not steal already engaged mobs which use to be forbidden to which I got the reply " I will kill any mob that drops bams and babs" regardless of if its engaged and I watched the pet literally go right into a groups room where they had a named engaged and the 50 pet comes in and steals the kill. Its so blindly obvious that this is Rmt griefing when the pets names are things that represent krono farming.

Regardless.......the point is we know Dbg allows real money transactions now and they benefit from the sell of kronos. So is Kill Stealing from lower level players who are paying for a subscription also now accepted? And is that wise seeing that you are likely to lose some of these players? Is the krono sales going to cover the cost of subs canceled? Is there really anything we can do about it other than level to 50 and find a way to magically see mobs on the other side of the zone and race to them?
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

To partially answer your question, look up how the /target command works.
  3. BestReleaseNA Augur

You can send your pet to attack then follow it to the mob. Alternatively, if you stand in a few specific spots you will know where the mob is based on whether the pet glitches out with pathing. Totally legit, just takes knowledge. Stop crying and learn to play.
  4. Sagnid Augur

You are a known six boxer, sitting in a zone known to generate mass amounts of krono and you have a notorious history on Ragefire for doing this same exact thing.

In short. You should have focused on leveling and you could still enjoy your favorite farm spot.

10/10 for a well written and coherent post.
  5. Lateryn Augur

Wait OP has made countless posts about "Im quitting"..
  6. Lyrical Augur

I did not play on ragefire. Though I have had many a people ask me if I did. I used the name Lyrical on vox when it came out. I was unable to use it on lockjaw where my main was Linguistic. So hopefully I dont have to assume someone elses "notorious" history.

Also I DO NOT, HAVE NOT and never will deal in Rmt or Krono anything. I despise what the krono has done to the game.

As for focused on leveling. Im leveling how and when I want. Level 19 currently is a great level to enjoy Runnyeye and the black alloy is perfect for my bard at that level and the reason I chose that spot to level plus the nice xp.
  7. Lyrical Augur

Yep I know how to use /target quite well. What im not capable of understanding.........and hoping to learn in this post........is how you can /target a lot of different named critters in a zone and be able to run strait to them as soon as they spawn without following your pet. The reason this started was because others in the zone smartened up and decided to just watch the pet and follow it and then take the mob before the pet killed it. So the player had to make the adjustment of running the mage to the mob first. This is where my question came from.
    Tudadar likes this.
  8. FarHelm1 Elder

There's still third party tools that work on Phinny unfortunately. EQ has been out for a long time and has done basically nothing to counter these. To be honest, these tools actually drive up their revenue for a number of reasons. If they were really interested in eliminating them, they would do a better job enforcing the rules.
  9. code-zero Augur

I believe it's actually the /pet attack <mob_name> that is being used
  10. Lyrical Augur

Thanks for the suggestion of learning to play. I think 17 years accomplished that. And I havent cried since I nearly lost my wife and daughter in child birth 10 years ago and it was around 6 years old before the last episode. I was to mean to cry my parents told me.

So the glitching thing please teach me. I watched the pet move back forth back forth back forth about 4 times right next to the well in the basement. I had another toon parked outside a PH spot and watching from that comp as well. The INSTANT a mob spawned the pet started glitching as you say north and south. The magician stood up and ran around the entire basement directly to the mob. The pet arrived a few seconds later. This to me would take another computer, which is not the case since the only other people in zone were full away of the ksing and I had spoken with. Or someonething I havent learned in 17 years , I admit is possible but really really not likely. Or maps or other 3rd party help.

You see they arent going after any mob that spawns. Only very particular ones, anywhere in the zone, a zone where you cant "see" anything without track. So the fact the player stands right when i watch a mob spawn on the other side of the basement and they run right to it without following the pet........and this only after people started following the pet to get kills........smells fishy.

Thanks for the suggestion though I will try to learn how to play and I will try to manage to not cry.
  11. Lyrical Augur

Thanks Lateryn for your concern. I did say I canceled my accounts less than a day after renewing. This is still a fact. And im simply getting my 30 days worth saying farewell to a 17 year play career. Is it ok to still have an opinion and share it or is that not ok once I have said I canceled my accounts?
  12. Lyrical Augur

I use that macro as well Code-Zero. It has yet to help me show where a mob has spawned unless my pet takes me to it. This was happening and the reason I never reported or mentioned it. Im only mentioning it today because the pet is now following the mage to freshly spawned mobs and not the macro way around it.
  13. Lyrical Augur

That is what im wondering and thanks for the answer. Are there rules saying no kill stealing / griefing? Are they enforced anyway? Should one just give up trying to camp their own gear and leave the choices with buying it from one of these guys or just giving up trying to play the game for yourself all together?
  14. Duladin Lorekeeper

And people accuse the battle.net community of being toxic.
  15. Darallan Elder

There are no rules about kill stealing !
  16. code-zero Augur

If we are talking about people camping the BAM then there are 4 named mobs that drop that and they spawn in known locations. Given advanced looting I have no idea why anyone would even bother running around the zone
  17. Lyrical Augur

Im certainly open to suggestions for better xp at level 19. I sure like how for yellows and reds they die in 2 nukes. I havent found that elsewhere.
  18. Lyrical Augur

To beat someone else to the target because pet pathing is wrecked. Knowing where that target just spawned without tracking = my question on a server where 3rd party is suppose to be banned. Also, there are non named mobs that drop the bam. These do not have just a few phs. Those can spawn anywhere in the basement are also the target of our 50 mage. Some of these goblin slayspells for instance are roamers. Standing as soon as one spawns, on the other side of the basement, before the mob has even casted a buff and before the mage pet has even moved leaves me no room for reason on how this is possible.

That and not stealing other peoples pulls would be reason not to just sit and send your pet to attack anything that spawns. Clearly though as another has said there may no longer be rules against griefing in this way and if so----it is what it is.
  19. code-zero Augur

/guidehelp .
  20. Lyrical Augur

/guidehelp says its about weddings and events etc.

Its also as likely to get attention as the command

/unicornfarts