Just a warning

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vorlex, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Freebirrd Journeyman

I have encountered both kinds of boxers. the rude ones outnumber the decent ones. I help them out as best i can. pull a few more mobs for them, stuff like that. i am a nice guy and want to help out like that when i can.
  2. Delphwind Augur

I also had the same experience on live servers. I leveled up to end game raiding and soon found out that most guilds have multiple people 4-6 boxing.

I don't want to rain on anyone's enjoyment, but that really soured my views of live. I wont play EQ anymore on anything buy true box servers.

I would LOVE to see a new live server that was true-box, would play on it in a heartbeat.
  3. Alekzandre Augur

LOL ;)

I multi-box and I understand. Occasionally we boxers get immersed in what we are doing, and do not pay close attention.. but I do try, and always stop for other players. Just shout out, we may not have noticed.

This OP seems to be a member of the new "always negative, got to over-exaggerate, and be a victim crowd" we see so much now in social media and message boards. What they are describing seems unlikely. I just moloed an SK from 1 to 85, on a Live Server and never saw this.

If we all acted as Aurastrider suggests, in the post they made, all would be good.

However, here does exist a growing number of players and boxers, that have the selfish attitude that they can do whatever they want, and care little about others. This attitude and gameplay does hurt the game, and makes new people quit.

I agree that the health of the Game, and server, are greater considerations than a drop I may want.

One thing I do, all the time, is stop and buff the new players with my box...and they love that :)
    RenDnB likes this.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think it's great that you can brag about violating DBG's rules by harassing legitimate, paying players in both your post and your signature and get away with it. Props to you!
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I regularly both box and play single toons. It makes the game feel like two different games. I enjoy both, but my favorite is joining a group of 5 other people with one of my toons.

FWIW, when I box I drop boxes to make room for respectful or funny players LFG.
  6. Tiggold Augur

Nobody groups with me.
  7. Fohpo Augur

That's heresy, absolute drama queen!
  8. RenDnB New Member

Amazing what a little communication will do. My wife and I multibox and do the same as you. Buffing new players and players lower level than us is something we'll always do. It brings us back to the days of the newb areas at the starting cities, when random high levels would run through and buff everyone.

We always check how many are in the zone, and try to stay out of peoples way.

Also do agree with multiboxers getting immersed in what they're doing. Either way, give a shout if they're getting in your way... their response will show you if they use their powers for good or evil.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  9. Numzan Augur

I true boxed, I ISBoxed, and i Solo played for most of my life in EQ and i never once treated anyone with disrespect other then what was given to me. So not all boxers are bad, I had up to 12 accounts going and still respected people. I even helped when needed. There is more real people behind the computer then you think. Every time a solo player tried to get a group on Live it was complete BS being ignored. You groups/solo need to realize unless your willing to work with others your going to expect people to solo using boxers. Don't complain, you created this yourself over all the years. Seen it since Beta the same attitudes, F that person keep killing we dont need him. (That's how it gets started, keep ignoring)
  10. Ripthorn New Member

With much generalization and no facts to base your broad statement on, I would suggest instanced zones since you seem to be the only one with this issue. Mech Guardian for example, no one would bother you there.
  11. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

Vorlex, I don't believe a word he wrote..
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Aetheryn New Member

I wish boxing wasn't as rampant as it is but I haven't run into anything blatantly malicious. Worst I've seen was people AFK camping/farming mobs.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If you have issues like that , ask for help from your guild, friends , general chat, etc.
    When all else fails try to get instance, if possible. But truly offer to help other people do their tasks, xp, etc. Join a group when possible.
    1 you will likely get xp,
    2 you will probably get help from them in the future.
    3 maybe you will get into a guild in the future that will be willing to help you.

I do box a raiding ranger and group geared shaman and yes it is fun. And soloing is also something I have done for years. But grouping with real players is probably the most fun.
    The IS boxer mage group thing is something people do on every server. I watched a guy swarm mage group box all the named on Brother Island for hours as I was doing just one named at a time. So, I went to a zone that he could not do that in.

Just my 2 cents.

I hope that helps
    Kurage
  14. Mirriee New Member

I really highly doubt that someone boxing interrupted your gameplay multiple times, in multiple areas, on a live server.

As many others have said, it's almost impossible to even find anyone in a sub 70 zone ever. If there was such an occasion, it would be very easy to move to a different zone, that was currently completely unoccupied.

Or wait 30 minutes or so, eat a sandwich and drink a beer, and the group will have dinged 5 or more times, and moved to a higher zone themselves.

Simple.

As far as requiring a group or boxing to progress... yep, it's been that way since 1999. Spent many hours at Frenzy camp, never would have dreamed to try and solo that FBSS...

LOL. Join a guild. Make friends. It's what the game is all about :)
  15. Tornicade_IV Augur

nothing anything the op said related to anything about moloing content

if you have someone killing all your mobs then go /anon or /roleplay

I am in alto of low level zones as part of recruiting returning players to our community guild on luclin and I have seen no evidence or heard anyone complaining about it.