Issue with raids not giving achievements, currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Furro Elder

I can also confirm our team has had the Plane of War raid not grant any currency to the entire raid. Just recently this happened on Saturday, February 14, Cazic Thule server. We've had this happen previously, last year sometime for the same event.

To my knowledge, I haven't seen anyone say in our raid chat channel that they were not granted their currency via a petition. I can confirm some that did petition received their currency without issues. I didn't bother petitioning this time, as I didn't need the currency.

Furro
    Leader of Freelance - Open Raid Team - CT Server
  2. Absor Developer

So my first thoughts on looking at the script:
    • Rewards will only be given to the max number of people allowed in the event (usually 54). So if those folks that didn't get the reward were numbers 55 or more, they won't get one. Not a bug.
    • If the person does not have the lockout, they won't get the reward. So if you pull someone in that wasn't there when it was finished, no reward.
    • It will only give out rewards for 30 minutes after success. Anyone entering later than that won't get it.
    This may not be what happened in the cases mentioned above, but those are things to keep in mind.

A
  3. Furro Elder

In the case of last Saturday (Feb 14), we had 54 players in the raid instance. The entire raid didn't receive currency, but we did have a chest pop correctly with loot (if that helps). I can check on our event timer (if you need, say so), but I believe the event has a hard cap 30 minute timer, I could be mistaken.

PS: Not to hijack this thread/reply, but if you have a moment please, can you read and reply to the PM conversation I sent you titled: BUG - Principal Indagatrix Lucia (Raid). Regarding the lack of public emotes, and there's a couple questions that you could easily answer and confirm some theories related to the mechanics behind the emotes in question and whether or not they are working as intended.

Thanks for your time,
    Furro
  4. Absor Developer

There is one other possibility for a few people not getting the reward, though very remote. Only one character on an account will be able to get a reward. So if somehow two characters on the same account get the lockout and all that, only one of them will get be able to get the reward.

Also, we did find a major issue with PoWar. You probably couldn't get the reward at all if you were not there (out of zone, hovering, whatever) when the event succeeded. Normally we check every minute to see if someone zones back in and then reward them, but this wasn't happening for PoWar. We should be able to hotfix that shortly after the update.

A
    Sheex, Zarzac, roguerunner and 3 others like this.
  5. Furro Elder

Well, I distinctly remember last Saturday and we had one person hovering (dead), the rest were alive. The entire raid didn't get currency. I can't think of any other information that would help track down the issue though.

PS: Check your PMs please, regarding: BUG - Principal Indagatrix Lucia (Raid)

Furro
  6. sojero One hit wonder

One issue that I saw was on Dead hills #1 raid, I had to bring my cleric (diff acct than sk) into the raid because we were low on healers. SK was sitting outside instance to keep banner up and help with flagging. After we won, zoned him in, didn't get currency. then checked and he didn't get lockout either, but he had the instance from time it was requested till we kicked everyone from it.

Have and the same issues with EWK 1 with cleric.
  7. Absor Developer

If he didn't zone in before the event ended, then I suspect the system didn't know about him, so no lock out, no reward. Which is how I would want it to work.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

What about those that join but don't have flags and and there are not enough to 85 them in, do they not get the completion/lockout and thus the flag? I couldn't care less about the currency, but the no lockout was kind of strange. When you say the event ended, do you mean before we kicked everyone from the instance or when the main mob died?

The major issue is the inconstancy in which this happens, if its going to be one way, it has to be that way all the time, if not, then its a bug. We have a rotating raid attendance and sometimes have enough to get everyone in, sometimes not, and sometimes, we rotate the 85 though at the end to get their currency, and very rarely does it not give the lockout and currency, even for those that were forced to sit out.
  9. Truklin Elder

Sol Invictus had this happen once on our first powar win. It was pretty messy towards the end and people were bannering back/being rezzed as fast as they could so im sure multiple people were zoning when the event concluded. CS handled this quickly back when it happened and we were all able to get currency. Not sure what other information i can add to this, although since it was our first win, maybe the achievement spam had something to do with it? Lagging the currency script out and the script was showing as it had already passed it out even though it had not? It's only ever happened to us that one time, we've had multiple powar wins since then and some of them were also sloppy with people zoning in and hovering when the event concluded, and standing near the chest has rewarded currency to all these people after the fact.
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for responding, Absor, it is much appreciated.

That said, I wish CS would change their mind on not awarding bugged currency. This is going to go over like a lead balloon in any guild/organization that raids, sadly.
  11. Betenoire Elder

I can confirm this has happened to at least 2 people on Calix as well, as one of them was me.
  12. Zarzac Augur

Thanks Absor, I don't think these were the case on any of the failed currency runs nor the double toon on same account issue. We do swap in alts for loot but that is usually well after the currency script should have ran.

As you posted later, being dead was most definitely a suspected cause for some of the issues, glad you were able to resolve that one.

The last time the full raid didn't get currency on war for us was over a month ago. With arx, the no currency has always just been on random toons. Generally people who did die during the event.
  13. Absor Developer

The event ended is when you get success, usually when the boss is killed. The results, flagging, currency, and all that don't care if you were 85ed in or flagged or not. You have to be a member of the proper DZ, you have to have the proper lockout, you have to be in the zone when the success happens or within 30 minutes of that happening, you can only get 54 rewards and... whatever other things I mentioned. There can't be inconsistency, software always does the same thing, it can't help it. The only inconsistencies are going to come from misunderstanding about how it works.

Also note that all the stuff I mentioned may not be true for older raids (definitely not for OLDER raids) and there are most certainly bugs in the scripting here and there. It is also possible that different decisions were made for different expansions (maybe someone thought 30 minutes was not the right amount of time some year...).

A
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Absor Developer

PoWar definitely has a bug going on. It is only rewarding people that were there on completion and not checking and giving rewards after that. We'll fix that shortly after the update.

A
    Yinla, Elricvonclief and CrazyLarth like this.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

I respect that, the problem is, you can say that code will always do the same thing, the REAL issue is, we as players cannot always give the coding the same variables. If you really wanted to look I can go grab my logs and see when we did EWK1 raids and you could look to see what was passed, as I can without a shadow of a doubt tell you that there was <54 people, the SK was in the raid, and that he zoned in within the 30 minute time period. The funny thing is, he still had the instance so I could zone in, I just didn't get the lockout, and thus the currency. I will gladly work with you in any way possible to reproduce the issue, provide logs and dates etc.

Mind you, I don't care about my currency etc, I am more worried about others that get this issue. Also, the reason that I did not report it in any way is I have gotten to many negative feed backs from the SoE customer service of "I see there was an issue, but were not going to resolve it," and after a while, I chalk it up to oh well and walk on.
  16. Feradach Augur

Absor said that only 54 rewards can be given out. If there were more than 54 in the raid as you said, isn't it possible that they were all handed out before your SK zoned in?
  17. sojero One hit wonder

LOL I mean less than, hit the wrong key and didn't double check it.

Also that would bring up another questions as you can ONLY have 54 in the instance, does it check to give rewards to the members of the raid or instance?

I also thought of something else, if someone gets added to the instance after completion, before someone that was in the instance from start zones in after the completion, do they get counted before the other person. I wonder if that happened, IE someone added an alt or something for loot, so they dropped their main out, dzadded alt, raid invited alt and went in, thus making the sk # 55 or something like that.
  18. Nolrog Augur

No, the REAL issue is that the raids are not properly awarding the currency and achievements as they should. Whether it's their POLICY or not, if the raids were properly awarding the things, then there would be no CS issue in the first place.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Another thing I have been thinking of, Its the lockout that is the issue that I had, thus the no currency, and you can only ever have 54 people in that, so how would you explain me not getting the lockout? Is the completion checking the raid composition not the instance?

I was in the instance from the start to finish, so there was no way for others to be added/subtracted before completion and have more than 54 people, and even those that are added after don't get the completion flag or currency, they just have the ability to zone into the instance to get the loot.

I know there are a ton of variables that you have to look at, and that you wont give us the actual way that it checks, but I wanted to say thank you for looking into it. I hope I am providing enough information to help narrow down the possibilities.
  20. Absor Developer

So this, as you may have guessed, get's complicated. However, if a person gets the lockout, is in the DZ, etc. they get a reward. If they are given the reward, you have one less to get. It is entirely possible that your SK was #55 after enough other folks grabbed a reward. However, if they are added too late, they might not be counted as a participant and might not get it. I think (an educated guess, since I don't have time at the moment to look this up or ask someone...) that we start tracking folks when they get the instance and stop tracking on "completion". So if you do not join the DZ at all until after completion, I'm pretty sure you won't be eligible for a reward. I guess you won't get a lockout, so on that account you wouldn't get one in any case. So they wouldn't get counted. Remember, when a reward is given, your available rewards goes down by one. That is the only time that happens, so if they didn't get rewarded, you didn't lose a reward.

I'll take a quick look at East Wastes (assuming that's what EWK1 means... /sigh abbreviations). All the things I said are contingent on there not being a bug with the script or something.

A