Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taladir, Jun 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I'm going to just assume you're intentionally not understanding how this perk is correlating to players abusing the respective perk to lock encounters in open worlds.

Your first 2 points have no reasoning on really any discussion here so I'm confused - not trying to call you out, but I can't understand how you're blatantly avoiding the topic of this thread. It's about players abusing the perk to hold encounters in raid open world zones..
  2. Lineater Augur

Now you both are confusing me. OP very clearly brought up two points:

-players soloing raid mobs
    -Guilds encouraging members to use the perk to bind rush raid mobs

It has nothing to do wtih FTE or encounter locking.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I understand exactly how the perk works, and everything that you are complaining about can be done without the perk. Not to mention only happens in the early stages of a TLP server while there are still trivial raid encounters to fight.

We shouldn't be talking about removing a perk because of raid fights from before the first expansion gets released.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The first point has everything to do with FTE as on a non FTE server the mob won't live long enough for anyone to solo it as multiple raid forces will attempt to kill it at once.

The second one does have nothing to do with FTE but players are free to join a guild that doesn't require it.
  5. Lineater Augur

Oh right, I didn't even think of that. My bad. Thought this was happening in instances. lol! That's pretty hilarious that someone can poop sock Naggy and solo it in OW.
  6. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Everything i'm discussing with you can be done without the perk, at the cost of losing levels and therefore, time.

I saw the OP talk about a cooldown on the perk which sounded like the panacea to this issue. Having something as simple as a 1 or 2 minute cooldown on the perk should not affect anyone that isn't manipulating it. I have never once brought up removing a perk - that would be you.
    Fell likes this.
  7. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

yeah it's a little goofy lol - to my knowledge it can't be soloed, but there's been players dying 20-50 times to hold the mob long enough for their little forces to log in
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would make the perk worthless as it would no longer prevent you from losing levels. What you are complaining about can be done without the perk and is only a perceived issue for a very small part of a TLP's life cycle.

There is no reason to make any changes and this perceived problem will go away soon enough
  9. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

You say you aren't supporting the abuse of the perk, yet you think putting a 1-minute cooldown would make it "worthless"? Are you dying 5+ times a minute naturally? Lol.
  10. Fell Augur

So you're in support of a person intentionally dying more than once per minute? All without any penalty of any sort? The entire concept of this game -- ANY game -- is based on penalties for poor play, you realize that?

The solution I suggested earlier was better than a cooldown-- one "no exp" death per day. Period. It's still a pay-to-win cheat ... but at least it's not absurdly so, as the current mechanism is.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People pay in order to prevent the loss of levels and a cooldown would allow for people to lose levels which makes the perk worthless.

What you are complaining about is only a concern on one TLP for a small portion of its life cycle and not a reason to make any change.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you have a perk that prevents you from losing levels that is what it should do. It doesn't matter how often or quickly you die as long as the perk says you won't lose your level that is what should happen.

It seems what people are suggesting as a problem is only a problem for a short period of time while expansions still have open world raids and allow you to bind near them.
  13. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

So you either believe:
    1). mobs in classic will disappear with new expansions
    2). this method wont be used to continue to abuse the perk in classic era and onwards.

Both theories above are wrong. Best example I can give you is the Amulet of necropotence (which is the #1 place that this bug is abused at from my experience). The golems will be farmed for many expansions.

And to think that this 'locking encounter by binding at the spot' isn't going to be a problem in kunark/velious/luclin/PoP is comedy.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

LOL I know some people that are gonna be mad this was spoken about in public. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, but it's always interesting to see someone so bent out of shape over something that has no real impact on the world. Like, what's in the news today? The memes must flow.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am saying that dealing with open world raids is only for a small portion of Everquest and there is no need to do a massive nerf on a perk just to deal with some raids during that time frame.
  16. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

...And you feel that a 60-second cooldown on dying with the perk is 'Massive'? And you aren't in support of the abuse of the perk? Got it. lol
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think that any changes to a paid perk that prevents you from losing your level so that it is possible to lose your level is a major nerf. The fact remains that what you are complaining about is only applicable for a single server for a short amount of time.

Instead of trying to change what people are paying for why not work on a solution that involves changes to the FTE rules to prevent it in the first place. They already have rules that force an encounter to unlock after a set amount of time.
  18. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I think what you're complaining about is camouflaged by FTE, when in reality adjusting the perk to every 60 seconds would only affect manipulators. You have yet to explain to me how limiting the perk to every 60 seconds would affect literally any other form of a player other than someone manipulating the perk.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It might not happen often but there are times that people do die multiple times in 60 seconds especially on later raids when you can get rezed into the raid and die right away because you don't have the HP to survive.

There is no reason to change the perk because of what you consider a problem that only impacts a couple of expansions early on the TLP.
  20. Fell Augur

By this logic, you'd have no problem with a perk that allows people to pay to ensure they win every encounter. This is no different. Poor play should not be rewarded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.