Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taladir, Jun 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You still loose xp as players who take advantage of this will end up at 0% into their level no matter how much xp they gain if they end up dying a lot.

Also how can this perk make it beneficial to die? That is a strange claim to make and not back it up.
  2. TacoTime! Journeyman

I'm a data wonk, wasn't saying it was a terrible statement or anything, just making sure that people were discussing the data properly with correct data.
  3. TacoTime! Journeyman

Eh, it definitely leads to some atypical weirdness that is unique to it. Like I take advantage on my OOG healer characters by binding them inside of a camp with it - use their lulls and other such, don't really care too much if they pull aggro because they'll be back (with some free mana) if the waste matter hits the rotating blade device.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Most people will still care as you are better off without dying as you don't loose your buffs and need to med again to be going full blast.
  5. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I'm really glad this has been brought up..

This is a very common occurrence for raid targets & it needs to be looked into. I do want to note that any other server this doesn't really matter, because I have never witnessed someone successfully 'DoT'ing' a raid boss to death, it's virtually impossible with the regen given.

However with FTE, this is a problem. I shouldn't even have to highlight why. It's locking OW targets. Personally, this is game manipulation and should be reportable but until Daybreak identifies it, it's completely fair game.
  6. Beardsy Elder

"Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?"

Yes, yes it absolutely is. /Hidecorpse always

I no longer have to worry about de-lvling and losing the use of my gear.

Give me a perk where I no longer lose buffs and they'd get $20 a month from me just for that alone. Finding enchanter buffs is a part time job in itself at this point.
  7. Lineater Augur

Even a 1min cooldown wouldn't be a bad idea and would probably prevent the ability to solo a raid mob. But since it's already out there and people are paying for it, too late to change it now.

It helps keep the servers on and it doesn't affect your experience, so big whoop.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Everyone still has access to the AoC targets and they can get them multiple times on an account with the changes to how the lockouts work on the server. Open world targets are always highly contested and I don't see how the FTE changes are that big of an issue on the server.
  9. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

This is setting up the recipe for someone to write scripts for bots to bind at every OW target and essentially DoT-lock them until they wake up and are ready to claim the mob. I find it equally absurd that you will write it off as 'not a big issue' due to AOC versions of the mob. People will essentially pay to hold mobs indefinitely and if you want to experience EverQuest going forward it will have to be in a replica copy of the zone...
    Fell likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean something that they have already been doing for a long time? Also why would they bother to target the open world events where they can easily get caught and punished when they can run multiple AoC instances with little risk of being caught?
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but it would be for more loot. DZ locks are 1 week. OW allows double the profit per week.

You may have to elaborate how people have been engage-locking mobs for a long time, I genuinely have no clue how that would be possible. In the past, DPS was the indicator for winning the loot.

For the record, this is actively happening in every raid mob zone. I've watched it in PoFear & SolB. They will bind 2-3 casters on the spawn and FTE-lock the boss as long as they please. I'm a fairly casual raider, but I find it incredibly odd that you would be in support for something as odd as this lol.
  12. Kahna Augur

Mobs unlock after a while if you take too long to kill them. So no one can lock things indefinitely. No one would do this open world as they would swiftly be banned after hundreds of people reported them simultaneously. It's not a big issue.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  13. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I witnessed this twice in open world as I was farming plane gear. We wrote down their names & reported, I assure you it's happening. But at the end of the day, I really don't care too much about raiding - if this is the route the forums/servers want to go with FTE in open world, it's no skin off my bones. Just scratching my head as to why this is supported by this thread lol..
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

More loot? When you can request an AoC instance once a week on every character on your account on Oakwynd? Not to mention nothing you are complaining about requires the perk to prevent loss of level and they can still do it. As this all appears to be discussion about what people could do and there are no complaints about it actually happen I don't think it is an issue.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is supporting it and you don't need the perk to do it either.
  16. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

1). My assumption is that they cannot actually solo a current-era raid boss with this method. So saying it can be done on 20+ AoC instances would not be viable. In OW it is viable because they can lock it with a few chars until the proper army has logged in.

2).This can be done without the perk for a limited amount of time. I am guessing it has become a recent occurrence since not de-leveling has incentivized this method.

3). Wouldn't this thread be the 'complaint' of this happening? There's literally screenshots with the users doing this. He was even kind enough to recommend workarounds to prevent this.
  17. Fell Augur

Do you play on TLPs? I'm not going to list all the ways this is being exploited, but the most obvious if you bind where you're fighting, then "dying" grants you an instant cheal and a partial bar of mana. There are many bot farmers using to their advantage today.

As I previously stated, exp past max level is useless except as a buffer against deleveling-- which isn't needed when you have this perk.
    Servers_are_Down likes this.
  18. Fell Augur

You do need the perk to avoid losing multiple levels by doing it, however. You're not helping your case by arguing against the basic facts here.
    Servers_are_Down likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1. If they are going to log in armies to fight it they can just use those same armies to take care of it in an instance and switch to alts on that account to continue.

2. What you are seeing is due to the changes for FTE on the server not the perk

3. This thread appears to be a complaint about the perk in general not about raid mobs.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you also loose all your buffs, most of your mana and endurance. Yes you can bind rush open world targets but you can also do that without this perk.

Bind rushing is not an exploit and having this perk doesn't change that.

No matter how you look at it you are better off not dying and keeping your dps up.
    Rijacki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.