Is LockJaw still viable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Devanie, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

Nah I would put the servers box count around 40 to maybe 50% and thats not heavy boxing each person. Probably an average of one box to two boxes each.

DHS does not raid with boxes(except porters to get around faster) we our mains on raids and always will.
  2. Darth Augur

Don't lie Gremin, everyone knows the server is just, you, me and Simone boxing 60 toons each.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Would be interesting to compare vulak to lockjaw 1/3 of the way into kunark without the mass boxing of LJ. I think on vulak the most anyone had was 9 compared to 60+ on LJ and after that maybe 3ish was rare. One had phin launch hurt the population and the other had eq down for 3 weeks hurt the population. It would be very similar. It would be interesting to compare ragefire to fippy also but I have no idea how its going over there.
  4. Simone Augur

On Vulak'Aerr The Nightwatch was heavy box guild. Ichi was definitely boxing more than 9 chars there.

Also the guild I was in, Reload Ing Pleasewait, boxed much heavier than Peace of Formosa is now. So I actually wouldn't be surprised if Lockjaw actually has a smaller percentage of players that are boxes than Vulak'Aerr.
  5. Moranis Augur

RF is doing pretty well. There's still grouping in BW / Seb / Chardok / HS. There are quite a bit of contested raids, yet not all of them. There's groups / raids in Fear / Hate / Sky, yet not so much so that you can never get in there. I think it's a great balance.
  6. Tudadar Augur

Never heard of them. Nightwatch was active a month into kunark there? Or is that more later on?

I remember one semi big 4ish mage boxer (6-8ish chars) from reloading but i think that was more in velious or luclin.
  7. Bolomere New Member

So far, from everyone I am talking to on Phinny have no issue with the XP rate. Don't see it changing anytime in the future.
  8. Tudadar Augur

A good amount of the server is maxed or high enough level by now I think and zones are a lot less contested mob wise. The week plus of double xp on brand new prog was crazy and never happened before. Some might complain once kunark launches about the grind to 60. Im sure in the next year or so theyll make it a lot easier since slow XP + AA will make a lot of people mad in luclin and above. Or they can just continue with offering a lot of long 3+ day double xp's like they have been to effect more servers. I think they will do a combination of both like making AA (not necessarily levels also) easier to get along with double xp 2-3x as often and longer compared to the last several years.
  9. Pictarous Augur

In sitting in EC, global auction channel, and general, I saw 4 unique auctioneers. If you want to see Lockjaw, then just make a character and spend a days worth playing. The sever is dead. At prime time you may see some general chat. 3 of the larger guilds are known to be purely made up of boxers. I don't understand the OH MY GOD DEFEND LOCKJAW. Just call it what it is. It's a server for people who box. Any of this "we are so much more populated than Phinny my guild blah blah" is just not true. More unique mains play on Phinny, more guilds, more variation. It's just a fact
  10. Tudadar Augur

I think a lot of people defending lockjaw population dont want to see a RF / LJ merge with chance of no instancing and drastically reduced kills / more need to be on all the time or on high alert. Its really just propaganda for all sides though. Im sure devs have the real numbers and know whats going on.

I wouldnt be surprised if a merge without instances led to another rotation in kunark or vel ( if mobs buffed ) I dont think any guilds atm want necessary round the clock raiding / long term socking. I think a lot are getting pretty lazy.
  11. jiri_ Augur

Rather than more increased XP weekends, I'd strongly prefer tweaking the experience rate with each* expansion. Basically, you don't want the experience rates so high that regular players are grinding out a full expansion's worth of AA over the first weekend. But you also don't want rates so low that a player who starts a Vah'Shir Beastlord is essentially locked out of participating in the upper end of Planes of Power content until the end of that expansion's cycle. It ought to take a meaningful amount of time for new player-characters to level to full raid participation, but it should also be doable quickly enough that they can catch up with whatever the current content is.

The second part of that thought is that increased XP weekends make the play experience more spiky. With low experience rates, if you miss a triple-xp weekend, you're just outta luck. Tweaking the base rate upwards a little and eliminating the bonus weekends helps people who work on weekends or have otherwise non-traditional playtimes and eople who have weekend plans over whatever time it happens to fall.

*Except SoV, which doesn't raise the level cap or introduce AAs.
  12. Fiyero Augur

And which guilds would those be?
  13. TarewMarrForever Augur

That is because the people who couldn't tolerate it left. ;-)
  14. Devanie New Member

Yep. It's a real bummer that LJ doesn't have the community that Phinny has. I feel pretty lonely.
  15. Darth Augur

Oh really?
  16. Vaclav Augur

Eh? What he's saying is basically the same as you said here:
    People are getting loathe to poopsock and mobs are staying up for a while ATM - which does seem to imply they'd be loathe to start again. Perhaps they would be willing though. But your own statement there corroborates his theory.
  17. Darth Augur

No it doesn't.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Hopefully you're right - but to some less familiar with everything it's easy to see it as an "On/Off" switch that got turned off. But it could just be Kunark doldrums more than a permanent switch.

I'd be inclined to think you're right though, Darth. But it's easy to see where his theory comes from.
  19. Gremin Augur

I would love to know which 3 guilds you are referring to and what you consider larger? Sure, we can box on this server but that does not make it a primarily boxing server. You have your opinions and the right to them but when people constantly throw misinformation around it frustrates the folks who primarily play on said server.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Tudadar Augur

Yeah. You guys hated it at the end of classic when you guys were forced to sock. Atm you pretty much track trakanon so you can raid all of vp at once every several days in a hr or two. Think you said VS also. Maybe raid five hours a week? Numbers seem to be way down and people are playing a lot less now. Who knows how many went to phinny or will play there when it gets velious and future expansions sooner. Its an old server that people lose interest in fast. Velious wont be a miracle that gets everyone from classic to log on and play most of the day again for six months. After several weeks its the same old boring progression with people whining for the new expansion/threatening to quit if they dont get it. Add in a few real competitive guilds from RF willing to sit at targets and things change drastically and will just burn more people out. If tons of people were still interested you guys wouldnt be doing trak with 30-40 or leaving it up for several hours knowing no one will contest it.

Lockjaw has one raid guild doing targets and some family guilds doing scraps. If a guild is scared to even contest trakanon its not a raid guild lol. As far as I know ragefire has at least 2 raid guilds. This doesnt mean faceless wouldnt be #1 in a merge but a lot of members are lazy and would hate it and would probably want to rotate with at least the top competition.

If you meant kunark I doubt u guys would want to start mobilize to VP for one or two dragons before they got killed instead of waiting for everything to full spawn. Maybe guilds would sock trak or PD. Would get old fast.