Is it time to roll Fippy into a live server ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kukgrol, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Kukgrol Elder

Conversations that have been going on about merging the servers, have led me to think about the situation, and others to comment on this.

Since the servers are at different points in progression, and from the repeated inquires Fippy people have been making to do something about their dying population, would it make sense to finally roll it into the lowest population live server ?

From what I understand no one on Fippy can beat Underfoot. And from the repeated growing constant recruitment messages on the server to attract new members that EoE makes (the furthest progressed raiding guild on Fippy I believe?), I get the impression they're struggling to beat it with what they have left in the guild.

It seems the population has dropped below a point where it can manage to progress, though they're trying to.

Please correct any comments I've made about Fippy since I don't actively play on Fippy, but only respond to things I'm told and what I see in their /general.

If all this is fairly accurate though, wouldn't it make sense to finally roll Fippy into a live server? EoE (or whatever guilds want to) can then recruit from a new server population and nothing prevents them from continuing to progress through UF and the other expansions in order, to say they did it. Maybe the extra boost they need to beat an expansion by training up more AAs etc from newer expansions would make the difference. They could still get to beat the expansion and raid as a guild, albeit with a larger population that they state is needed.

That would put this whole issue to bed. Anyone that still actually wants progression can still join a progression server, Vulak. And Vulak's population would still continue to play EQ, keeping that revenue stream going for SOE. Since the population of Vulak has stated it isn't playing to progress at a race pace, it wouldn't matter if it stayed at SoD a bit longer anyway.

And anyone on Vulak that has / does disagree has always been free to transfer off server to Fippy for a year now? At this point it clearly has left a population that likes the Vulak status so nothing to gain by messing with it's status (ie a forced merge that would also push additional content on it).

Given all of this, it would seem the best solution to resolving population issues would be to roll Fippy into the lowest population live server wouldn't it ?
  2. shirozen Journeyman

Do you play on fippy. If not it's hearsay and you should stick to focusing on your own server specifically. Hearsay no matter what is never definite. According to you, you will never touch foot on fippy so you would be nothing but a speculator.

Your post left yourself open to be 100% wrong possibly as you said it's based off what you've heard and seen in their (a useless chat channel to you) General channel.

Why not get facts then post...or if you're not in a position to get facts, let those who are handle it or you can suggest in game they handle it.

What you're doing is like me saying close vulak because of its small player population, as I've never set foot on the server...
  3. Kukgrol Elder

I think I stated pretty clearly that I acknowledge I don't actively play on Fippy, so what my comments about it are based on what others say (hearsay) and what I've seen in Fippy's /general chat myself, which anyone can join any /general from any server.

I also asked people to correct anything I said specific about Fippy that is inaccurate. I want to be accurate about what I'm saying, not misleading, that's why I went out of my way to mention that, and request comments from people there.

I'm going to assume from your comment you play on Fippy? If so, please correct what I've said that's inaccurate.

I made a few statements that led to the conclusion that maybe it's time to roll Fippy into a live server. They are based on these facts:

The server population of Fippy is dying. That means it is having fewer and fewer active players.

The guilds there have not been able to beat Underfoot.

The most progressed active raiding guild is EoE. (Maybe it's Citizen? But I don't think so).

EoE has been trying to recruit heavily on Fippy to fill out it's raids. (That would suggest they don't have enough of what they think they need to raid as successfully as they could if they had the numbers they want).

The majority (at least vocal majority) on Fippy are trying to beat UF and progress.

Being a progression server with the goal of progression through expansions (the active raiding guilds on Fippy have from their beginning raced to beat every expansion first, and used those accomplishments to brag about their status on their websites, and in game in /general), and being unable to do so now, something needs to be done to help their situation.

Those are the facts that I'm asserting, based on the feedback / comments I have seen directly on the forums here, on the guild's websites, from personal experience in one of those raiding guilds, and from the /general comments I've seen directly on Vulak and on Fippy. If these things are inaccurate, please clarify how. Maybe they're so inaccurate it deserves a different conclusion.

That's the whole point of the forums, to have open discussion about things related to EQ. And here under the TLP section, it's about things related to TLP servers, Fippy & Vulak.
  4. Trevalon Augur

I find it odd you came here to lobby for Fippy to merge into live servers when in fact it is your server that needs to be merged the most.

Anyone with any inkling of the progression servers knows Vulak is the dead server. Sorry Kukgrol but they should merge Vulak into Fippy and then Fippy into a live server.

That though has less to do with Vulak to me and more to do with I think the Progression servers have run their course this round and I think it is time to merge them BOTH into live servers and get ready for a new round come March.

That being said I am rooting for you Kukgrol :) - all my characters are still on Vulak and a small part of me, every now and then, debates on reactivating a few of my accounts and playing with you guys if only for a while.

I just dislike boxing and Vulak pretty much requires boxing :(
  5. Punchu Augur

Ok first of all, Underfoot is unbeatable because of a bugged encounter. Go review the sticky thread at the top of this forum, 2nd page. It has absolutely nothing to do with EoE's raid force or a lack there of.

Put what whole issue to bed? The only issue I see here is some strange obsession with Fippy and EoE on your part Kukgrol. Why do you care about us so much? How does it affect you at all?

I guess it's your fear that SOE will merge Vulak into Fippy. You reference "conversations" about it, and as far as I can tell you have started all these conversations. Watching Fippy general chat is a horrible way to glean information about the server. General chat on Fippy is 99% trolling. Transfers are still available from Vulak to Fippy last time I checked, and there has been zero official comment on merging anyone to anything.

You worry too much.
  6. asgaard Augur

Objection overruled! Call your next witness counselor.
  7. Behee Augur

Well, it is the Fippy people who are upset by the state of their server, not Vulak. From the thread here

It just seems reasonable that if Fippy is a dead server it should be considered for a merge to a normal server, rather than changing Vulak which has a small but happy and growing population.
  8. oisjafoij Augur

time to merge you into fippy, kuk, since you don't care about what expansion you are on.
  9. Behee Augur

So you are ok if both servers are rolled back several expansions? Maybe we can also agree to slow down the progression as well now.
  10. huhzorathon Journeyman

Why would servers be rolled back? How much slower can progression go on Vulak outside the already non-existent progression? Vulak does not and never will have a guild capable of progressing the TLP server, it's time to shut it down since there is no possibility of the main point behind the servers, progression to live.
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

Hmmm, a time-locked server you say.... Nobody's EVER asked for one of those before.....
  12. Aneia Master

I. don't. even....
  13. Croak Augur

Kukgrol you have jumped the shark... you are totally out of touch.

I am not a member of any raiding guilds, but they all seem capable of progressing, though it takes time to get keys, and apparently at least 1 event is bugged.

Here are some potential motives for constant recruiting (all 3 raid guilds are recruiting)

1. EoE at least 1 week at least split their raid force and did some Underfoot events twice. Being able to do that every week would speed up keys, gearing up etc
    2. I am sure guilds have some player turnover, reduced free time or extended afk with people back at school etc and it is good insurance to have more than you need.

Guilds have websites with varying degrees of open data - you can certainly see when citizen raids, how many toons were raiding (may not count boxes), and from loot distribution exactly which events were beaten.

I don't know if the event EoE refer to is actually bugged, or maybe some requirements aren't met, or some event timer is making it seemed bugged. I suppose eventually devs will respond with a fix or say it is working as intended.

I would certainly prefer Anguish access to be fixed as a higher priority.
  14. Behee Augur

That is their argument. Vulak apparently isn't on the right expansion since the guild which opened the expansions left the server.

They want Vulak both set back and merged, they really don't care. All they want is to make a fuss and blame all their own (ongoing ... and ongoing) discontent on everyone else.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Why would Fippy merge into a live server? That would screw those of us who have been here for ages.

The problem with underfoot, as I understand it, is not lack of ability but rather a bugged raid preventing the progression from moving forward. That invalidates your entire argument.
  16. Behee Augur

Nicely put. So why do the folks on tippy demand Vulak be merged? That is the entire point of this thread.

Vulak people are happy where we are too. Perhaps we can agree not to make decisions or requests for each others servers.
  17. Machen New Member

You are getting trolled by one dude. No reason to start 3 new threads over it. Most people on Fippy could not care less.
  18. Fortitude New Member

You all got trolled by a guy who's name reminds me of poop.
  19. shirozen Journeyman

No ones trolling anyone. Lol u got ran off fippy~
  20. Kukgrol Elder

Still goes back to the same point - There have been calls from Fippy players about merging Vulak into Fippy. But no one in Vulak has been asking to be merged with anyone, we don't feel the need for it.

There may be players on Fippy asking for a merge to help their numbers. But no one on Vulak is asking for any merge or assist to help with numbers. We're comfortable in gaining members by earning player's interest, not a forced server transfer.

Our guild recruits, and will keep doing so. But we're happy where we're at. And the nice thing for our player base is, anyone that's not, is free to transfer to Fippy. Even though we don't have any means for Fippy or anyone to transfer to us, we're still growing and happy with our population base.

Honestly the push for Fippy to beat expansions is actually helping our server too. People looking to start fresh are finding it more appealing to do so on Vulak since it is more distanced from live, has less effort to catch up, and new players won't feel the need to mad dash catch up to Fippy as it keeps going forward.