Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. privevillon New Member

It's a creative way of doing what the game doesn't want you to do. you knew that. but please keep the whining coming it's beautiful
    Bromm likes this.
  2. MabbuPhinny Augur

3. Gaslight Detective New Member

Also cool to share RL names and instigate witch hunts but not cool to corpse bank. Makes sense!

I can't wait to see some gloating that pretends to be on a moral high ground.
  4. Ahze Elder

What about our 120 banked AA? That was not originally intended. Going to take that from us too at the last moment? Whoopsie. It can go the same route as the money I spent learning research on my enchanter!
  5. Trevalon Augur

6. Mawltar New Member

Obviously banking 120 AA is a cap that is placed in the game intentionally by the developers. Creating 100 corpses and rezzing them to get max level right off the bat of an expansion is not. It was even lagging zones out for people. Those are two incredibly different things.

And in your other post, you act like camping out to save buffs was the issue. Yeah, okay.
  7. Astley Augur

It was never a 'legal' in game action. It is specifically in the Code of Conduct as a violation.
  8. taliefer Augur

how are you being punished? they didnt say people are getting suspended.
  9. MabbuPhinny Augur

What bothers people more, I'm curious... the fact that your corpses are going to be gone thus losing your special snowflake advantage over people for the 6-12 hours it will take to hit 65......or the fact I raid 10-12 hours a week and have the same loot as all of your very best geared tanks that raid 40 + hours a week.

Zzzz play smarter not harder. You put more effort into that corpse stacking crap then it would take you to hit 65 perfectly legit.
  10. Hamshire Augur

You got a Blasphemous Blade of the Exiled? Live or test? Cuz I know you've been doing the cursed cycle on test trying to get one to get a feel of its power!
    Clawgrip1 likes this.
  11. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

It's more about depth of well-geared people Mabbu. Any guild can have 1 well-geared tank. AoS has killed 72 AHRs... that's 288 AHR loots, and about 2,700 VT loots.

Most of our mains have 3-6 AHR loots each...
    Clawgrip1 likes this.
  12. KPW99 Lorekeeper

How will this be done? Will servers be going down?
  13. Astley Augur

If I have heard correctly, they can just 'poof' the corpses without taking the server down.
  14. The Nexus New Member

Nice, you guys have to level like the rest of us. This regardless is a form of exploiting, your using log out time to exploit experience over the level cap aloud for current expansion to get a jump on the expansion that isn't even unlocked yet and just because your no longer using experience recovery to do it doesn't change the fact that its exploiting the system to get an advantage over other players/guilds. All these guilds that try to claim to be high end and skilled gamers yet they cant even have a legit race to be first to beat an expansion on an old game like Everquest with out exploiting or cheating to get there.
  15. Tudadar Augur

Soon people will be asking if normal gameplay is allowed weekly. Is stacking invis and ivu allowed? Is banking 120aa allowed? Is pbaeing a zone allowed? Is pulling with CoH or pacify allowed? Is killing double what other groups kill in a zone allowed? Is making mana regen potions allowed? Is multiQing allowed? Is Fd pulling allowed? Just because something was intended or allowed by the people that made the game does not mean it is allowed now.

Could be time for a whats allowed and what isnt rulebook before the upcoming progression opens!
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Great job DBG, hope you got the PoStorms issue cleared up as well.
  17. privevillon New Member

Score 1 for DGB. but it really is amazing people came to whine about it. lucky they didnt' over react again and ban a bunch of people.
  18. Bewts Augur

It would have been a sweet victory to have the corpses poof minutes before the barrier dropped, simply to laugh at the dismay of 100 corpses worth of experience disappear before your very eyes.

Still, A+ for creativity.
    Inquizitor likes this.
  19. Polekn Augur

Kudos to DBG. I was a little annoyed lately by what looked like arbitrary bans/suspensions/tome removals but looks like you are being consistent with enforcement of fair play. I hope you will stick with your stance so that people know they should expect repercussions for doing shady stuff.
    And a reminder to players - always have fraps running in PoS and report intentional trains, people do get banned for it and it makes Norrath a better place!
  20. Machen New Member

Not every reason. They started deleting corpses on live on expansion launches a while back. That should have given people a pretty strong indication that they might do the same on progression at some point, even if they haven't in the past.