instances broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bregan D'aerthe, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sinestra Augur

It's pretty impressive that almost 24 hours later they still haven't fixed the problems.
  2. Falos Augur

What they need to do is shut down all planetside 2, everquest 2, wizardy, free realms, etc etc servers.. and dedicate the full resources towards the stability of eq1.

I honestly believe 5 seconds of pleasure for me is more important than a lifetime of enjoyment for the entire playerbase of those games combined. *being 100 percent sincere*
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. happyhappy Journeyman

same things happen in EM server too
    when i take the Evil eye Operative in Xorbb
    system keep reply " the way is blocked"

hope SOE patch the bug soon
  4. Sinestra Augur

Well it's been 24 hours, and they've done nothing other than a message saying they know about it. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  5. BoomWalker Augur

Seems Planetside 2 is a major pain...EQ Next was going to use that engine based on old reports(?) but was scrapped because it is a hacker haven. Now VMWare is banned because...Planetside 2 is being hacked from VMWare... Wizardy Online beta had just horrible controls it was deleted from beta...no need to struggle on the interface to see if the game concept was enjoyable.

Planetside 2 can be shutdown and redone...instead of infecting / impacting the rest of the games...
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I bet nobody even working on it, right?! :eek:
  7. Sinestra Augur

I'm sure someone's working on it. After 24 hours though it's pretty sad it's still broken. :eek: I bet no one has a reason to be upset or annoyed. :rolleyes:
  8. Langya Augur

It will fix itself on Monday when everyone is back to their weekday, non-EQ responsibilities and the servers are no longer overloaded.

Not sure how people expect hardware capacity to just instantly be upgraded aside from that. SoE is a big bureaucratic company. It would be nice for a magical fix to just materialize, but it just doesn't happen that way. The problem has to be researched, documented, a solution found and than that solution has to be approved by various Suits who control the time sheets and budget. If the solution is rejected than it is back to square 1. If the Suits say it makes more business sense to wait the problem out until the work week starts, then that is exactly what they are going to do.
  9. Sinestra Augur

Yeah, it's the suit's fault...
  10. Langya Augur

Not anyone's "fault". Companies have a chain of command though. If the fix isn't cheap or impacts other products/services than typically the "Suits" AKA the bosses have to be in the loop and solutions have to await their approval. If they (the bosses)are off on a fishing trip or otherwise indisposed, than things might take a bit. Doubtful whoever is minding the shop over the weekend has the authority to just order up a 10 thousand Dollar (or however much they cost) server or to shut down a bunch of other games to free up more architecture for EQ.

Hopefully SoE might make good with an extra weekend of the special events, but even then...they don't actually have to.
  11. Crax New Member

It's not a hardware issue... If it was it would have fluctuated between last night and tonight. As it is progressively getting worse it is most likely a memory leakage in their CPU. The appropriate fix could be as small and rebooting the server, or they may need to patch a real issue. That would be the only forseeable issue in relation to hardware.

Regardless of what it is, they are not going to give us a real answer. I think that they are probably short-staffed on their IT staff until Monday. Since they have not done anything yet, I would predict they either fix it tonight or not until Tuesday/Wednesday.
  12. Langya Augur

/shrug. If you look at the server status, most of them are "high" load. If it was just an easy reboot, they would have done it by now. Usually you don't need a big paper trail/chain of permissions to reboot something. You could be right and something is actually broken, but people DO eventually get into the instances if they spam the keyword or click the guildhall door enough times. That tends to mean the instance servers are rejected requests because they are just plain at capacity. This is actually a good thing. It is nice to see that EQ is healthy enough to experience problems associated with there being too many people.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

14. Phathom Champion

Update on the Steamfont Instances: We disabled the Quest Giver for just this Anniversary mission until we fix it 100%. Hang tight as we nail this down -- stay tuned for a game update.
  15. Phathom Champion

That's not correct. We had people on the team working on the issue Saturday and Sunday with the help of many departments - CS, QA and Operations. Employees do work on the weekends & heck, the last time I saw a suit worn around here, I think someone was headed to court for jury duty.;)

We thought we had the correct fix on Saturday Night/Sunday but it didn't take so we're having some different people reproduce and diagnose it today.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

What is the problem specifically with Nutter Butter? I had no problems Sunday morning requesting & finishing the mission, and then it "disappeared" before the lockout was removed.
  17. Derd Augur

Thanks for the reply Phathom hopefully it will calm down the pitchfork crowd.. o wait eq + message board + rage = probably not :)