I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. I am leet New Member

Kiizze,
    There used to be a gm that would do character transfers from account to account if you were able to verify the original account information including the secret word and original credit card number. But with all the cut backs in the last 10 years with Daybreak, this service is no longer possible at this time.

Dreamweaver,
    you need to reach out to this banned player and talk to him. The Facebook and Discord communities are getting tired of him complaining about it. He has been talking about suing your company after word got out that your staff has been discussing things about his account without his consent.or him being present. He has been a product of a witch hunt the last five years.
  2. Numiko Augur

3. CatsPaws Augur

Well not really. Character transfers were working fine in 2017 until Feb when the patcher would no longer run with Windows Vista or XP. After that there were random transfers accomplished but they all eventually stopped in November of 2017

While I commend your perseverance and posts over the last few years and loyalty to your friend who was banned, The Community Manager has asked that you take it to them in personal communication.
  4. I am leet New Member

Wasn't there a layoff at Daybreak around November 2017? I know there was a layoff last November. I know a lot of major CS Personnel were let go according to Redditt.

Go away CatsPaws. Don't be rude. I am done talking about it. The rest is up to Dreamweaver.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Was that not also the time frame they changed how character information was stored?
  6. I am leet New Member

What do you mean WP? As far as I know Daybreak is still using the same servers from day 1. Companies are required to keep records of all company transactions(Section 208 of the corporate act). See Arthur Anderson. Daybreak uses a closed server network. Everything you do is recorded. Every trade. Every loot. Every drop. Any GM can find out anything he wants. They can scan your company anytime they want for your hardware info, processes, and other programs that they may find interesting. Originally SOE legal council, Andy Zaffron, was quoted and promised in a paper that they would never spy on other activities while playing EQ when it was challenged by a man in Washington DC in the early years of EQ. Because of the new illegal software that has plagued our servers, they broke their promise to the player base and actively hunt these players. In order to play EQ now you have to agree to be search anytime without due process. Very sad.
  7. Kaponen Journeyman

Welcome Dreamweaver! Sorry for being late to the party :)

Kontra - Selo/Luclin/Povar
  8. CatsPaws Augur

Yes they updated the security for the launcher at that time also so I think those things combined killed the transfers.
  9. Brohg Augur

This reads to me like you want to be very sure Dreamweaver is added to the list of people sick of... "him"
  10. Diptera Augur

There is only one... "him"...

[IMG]