If you could ask Darkpaw ONE question (For The EverQuest Show)...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

I would ask Jchan why she continues to allow mega botters function with 120+ accounts per server, across multiple servers, for monetary profit.
    Brontus and Nennius like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

And why a ban isn't a ban.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. filthytlpplayer Elder

You can?

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Adding more combos, as in adding a class to a race that currently doesn't have it would be far easier with none of the 'from scratch' issues. For example, bard could be added to other races that already have a plate class without requiring new race animations/armor, no need for new itemization or quests or the rest. It would be mostly a 'flavour' addition vs something completely different.
    Flexin and Cadira like this.
  6. Pops Racer Olde Faht

We want Ogre Bards !!!
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

8. Flatchy Court Jester

Ok but they will have instrument restrictions. They can only play Tuba, Bass drum, Or Glockenspiel , and I only include that because I like to say Glockenspiel.
    Svann2, Rijacki, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to see Beastlord added to Frogs, Frogs can be both the parent classes, monk and Shaman, so it would make sense they could be beasts....give them a mosquitoe pet and I'd be well happy. :)
    Vumad, Rijacki and Fenthen like this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Tadpole warder =)
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

Frogs do eat mosquitos so that won't work.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Glockenspiels are fab!

Another instrument they should be able to play is a Schalmei which is probably the oddest instrument I have heard and seen and absolutely love for its oddness. It would match an ogre so very well that I would have to consider playing one:
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

I will gladly take any one of the rotary valve horns on the wall. Cool stuff.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Why do so many mobs in eq summon? thats my question.
    AustinFlowers and Fenthen like this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Salamander was a warder suggestion someone made I really liked for Guktan Beastlord, or Gecko / Tuatara / Iguana.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

To mess with solo players kiting options.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Emanuel le grand New Member

Can we have more variation than /pizza?
    /burrito
    /Chinesefood
    /suchi
    /vegan
    /frenchonionsoup
    /toadinthehole

Even with 16 thing limitation choice thing, that should be possible!
  18. jeskola pheerie

Ask for an EQ3 teaser
  19. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I hope this is not true but given hostility toward soloers that some devs had 23 years ago it's very plausible theory. Root rooting is also impossible when you enage a mob that can summon.

Kiting (emergent gameplay) is a legitmate solo and group technique. It should not be penalized by this unfair NPC ability. The end result is that many zones are off limits to soloers because of this. Soloers gravitate to zones and NPCs that do not summon, which creates overcrowding.

Artists and worldbuilders have created some amazing art. Too bad many of these zones will are rarely visited by players because designers felt the need to give mobs the ability to summon. Players vote with their feet.

When you kill an armadillo mob in Plane of Earth, a bunch of level 46 mobs spawn that can be charmed with Dire Charm. Guess what? These newly hatched level 46 dustrunners all summon. What is the point of this? It's just mean-spirited.

The ability to summon players is probably the worst NPC ability ever devised in any MMO. Players have no way to counteract this absurd ability. You can't interrrupt that is a mob summoning. Summoning has no cast time and no warning is given to the player. NPCs can summon endlessly without any kind of cost. There are no anti-summoning spells that players can use stop this abilitiy. There is no design rationale or plausible lore reasons for mobs to have this ability.

In theory, if you stand beside a mob, it will not summon you but NPCs do it anyways as I see every day playing EQ.

Of course players need to be challenged by NPCs. However, players must be given a way to address and overcome this challenge. Summoning and immunities are exempt from this rule for no legitimate reason.

It is a tried and true RPG design philosophy that every class and NPC has to have weaknesses to balance their strengths. Typically wizards have low heath points and can only wear cloth to balance out their high burst damage. This is good, consistent RPG design. But mobs that summon have no weaknesses to balance out the insane OP ability to summon.

Summoning unfairly penalizes and marginalizes soloers. EverQuest devs should strive to make their content more inclusive to all player types, not just raiders and groups. It should be revamped completely or it should be removed from EverQuest along with fear immunity, charm immunity, mez immunity, stun immunity, snare immunity, and root immunity.

Making NPCs overpowered by using summoning and immunities is lazy and unimaginative game design. Only deities should be able to summon. Period.

No other MMORPG has given NPCs the ability to summon mobs that I'm aware of.

I simply do not understand the reticence that the current dev team has for going back and polishing EverQuest by removing some of the most hated and despicable mechanics like NPC summoning.
    AustinFlowers likes this.
  20. Auuar-Mischief New Member

Why does everquest not have a built in log parser in the UI, why do we need to rely on 3rd party applications to figure out how much damage we do?
    Vumad, Fenthen and Metanis like this.