If we want to play 6 months we have to loose our names

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Puurfectly1234, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Gregolo Augur

The only legitimate argument here is being forced to pick between your companions and the server's progression rate. Names are whatever, it won't kill you.

For example if my friends in TL wanted to go to 6 months. And I wanted 3 months, I'd be pretty depressed to have to make that choice. I definitely feel for you guys.

Both left and right offer unsavory ramifications. The servers are a mess, this whole ordeal is a mess. I really wonder what next week is going to look like. One would think by these forums that legitimately nobody is happy.
  2. Nolrog Augur

The first thing I did when LJ opened was log onto that server and create characters with my names. So if there was ever a transfer (or I decided to re-roll) I would be guaranteed to have the names I wanted.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Had that issue already. When LJ opened, my guild decided to move over there, but I stayed on RF because of the issues we had when Vulak was dying and could not get a transfer (Vulak still exists for like 12 people that play there.) So I kind of know what you mean. Not sure what I will do yet. Need to speak to friends left on RF first.
  4. Sinzz Augur

easy fix just put of lockjaw or of ragefire behind duplicate names then have it so you can hide the suffix ?
  5. Kloodge Elder

Dammit, "Ketchupmonster Spidermanpajamas" is taken on LJ. This is not fair!
  6. Healiez Augur

Yah loose names are the worst, names running around town, flaunting their stuff for everyone to see.
  7. Druz Augur

If you and your friends want different things one party is already living with what they don't want. The only change now is they actually have a choice. It isn't a bad thing.

It's mind boggling that Daybreak has approached the player base with a solution that gives both sides what they want with a very minor compromise and they're getting backlash.
  8. -wycca Augur

You realize you can just vote no to kunark after the 3 month timer is up right? Should be np if the "majority" don't want kunark.
  9. doodelydoo Journeyman

Except many of the 6 month voters will have moved to the 6 month server. Logic is hard!
  10. Seraphim Augur

Is this seriously an issue? I lol'ed when I read it!!!!
  11. taliefer Augur

yes, it is. names are a big deal for alot of people, myself included.

i dont think itd be a big enough issue alone for me to stop playing or to not transfer, but i can see how it would for some.
  12. Boosi Lorekeeper

13. Derthe Journeyman

Whatever DBG decided, someone was going to get upset. I think the course of action that they selected was probably the least worst option, pissing off the fewest people.

Still sucks not to have the name you want though.
  14. Templeton Augur

Lose your names, lose your communities, lose your reputation.

I agree. This is a forced move for most. Names should be reserved as they would be for a merger. The first created gets to keep it.
    Derthe and doodelydoo like this.