I have to delete eqclient.ini everytime I want to play

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SiZZLESLAPs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SiZZLESLAPs New Member

Friends and I decided to play some EQ but this is annoying me to no end. I have looked around for a fix but cant find anything concrete. I have a fairly robust computer

Asus Hero Maximus XI
    I9 9900K
    RTX 2080 Cooled by NZXT X72
    32G GSkill DDR4 3200
    1T Samsung 970 EVO NVme M.2
    ETC ETC

I use Dual monitors, my updates are complete and more etc etc. I play multiple games and zero issues
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

made the .ini read only and also move the install to C: drive.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

4. SiZZLESLAPs New Member

5. Sarkaukar Augur

At launchpad, are you going through the game configuration each time? That is what the OP in the other thread was doing, likely selecting a resolution that his system would not play well with. What he did was after deleting the eqclient.ini, he bypass that game configuration setup, which is a standalone program and does not pull actual system information, only the primary GPU then prefills the options that would best work with that GPU.

As for Player Support, it is primarily Player assisting Player. If you want DBG assistance you would primarily either use chat or email support. It has been that way for several years, even prior to SOE becoming DGB.

As for setting the Nvidia as primary, Nvidia panel, Manage 3D settings, scroll down to Power Management Mode and change it from adaptive to to Prefer Maximum Performance.
  6. Ramstein_Povar Journeyman

Mine does the same thing, the only work around I can find is to make sure and log out in windowed mode each time. Once you enter the game, hit alt+enter and go into full screen. If you forget to log out in windowed mode, make sure and change your client to log in the game in windowed mode before you log in the next time. WindowedMode=True