I got what I wanted after 15 years...You can keep it!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Laronk Augur

Runes, if you haven't tried raiding on a live server yet in current content you should give it a try
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Wow at grasping at straws..
    Started as Skill, changed to Competition, then Mobilization, now Thrills..
    Guys, it's just classic EQ...
  3. Pinto_Bean Augur

Don't listen to Kegwell, he is obviously a troll given comments above and apparently very bitter/jealous towards another guild given his signature.

Moving on...
    I am conflicted honestly. I want the best of both worlds. When the servers go full FFA again in kunark, I want to get into a guild that is the best of the best top of the server racing for bosses and kicking some serious butt.

When enforced rotations start again, I want to be in a guild that is still always challenged by the encounters but can still take them down. The guild that ends up with the minimum number of people to get the job done!

I should honestly just try to make alts and place them in the guilds to get the best of raiding both worlds! I love these fights as they are currently and love the fact that my guild doesn't just send the pets in to get the kills for us. It's an effing blast and I highly recommend it.
  4. Solkos Augur

Well thank god we solved who was doing to ridiculously childish /ooc in solB last night after naggy was killed. I thought for a slight second that it could have been someone in my guild on an unguilded/anon alt spouting that garbage off but it looks like the mystery is solved.

Sounds like it was Kegwell on his alt (given his troll signature and the way he holds himself on these forums).

Either way I am a little grossed out by someone spouting off their mouth like that in ooc yesterday and I hope both Faceless and AD reported that a-hole for the personal shots he was taking. IP ban incomming to that person (crosses fingers).
  5. Zublak Augur

Yeah I could see a comment, but that guy was completely belligerent. Very well could have been Kegwell. He's been severely salty.
  6. Solkos Augur

7. Kegwell Lurker since '99

you guys are funny.
    :)
  8. Runes Augur

Man I really should have put a disclaimer at the top of my thread for people to skip the story and just read the last few paragraphs if they did not want to go through a novel length post:p

I don't post a lot so it seemed to be a lot less massive.

So a few people posted that I needed to be in a good raiding guild on Ragefire to not whine so much about my experience on my 1st raid. I was actually in TL at the time, best damn raiding guild at the time and who I should really apologize to for presenting myself as a serious raider when I knew I was going to turn back to being a serious casual player in 30 days.

I took up a spot that someone else could have contributed to much more for the guild but in my selfishness to get a taste to finally raid, I justified being a poser.

.I also am not Pro DB or anti DB as I do not play enough to really have a good opinion on the intricate mechanics of the game, I just agreed with Holly when she said casuals should not be able to raid as I understood what she meant only after I experienced it. I still agree today even though I am a casual.

This is a great game, but I have lost interest again as I do not want to raid and experience the easy mode of the current TL servers. I am going to try one last time on the upcoming anti boxing server as I am hoping that the difficulty level will be enough to make it challenging and DB learns from its mistakes with Rage and Lock.

These would be my suggestions to make the game more interesting to both hardcore raider and casual alike.

1) Get rid of rotations and make the raid bosses really epic and outrageously hard to kill but cut the spawn window to a few hours. Passing time upwards of up to 24 hours sitting on your waiting for a boss to spawn while you play your alt box, does not make the mob epic.

2) introduce an "ally" function where a guild can group ally guilds to help in raids and have the ally dps count in the total dps to determine loot rights. The main guild would still get the loot but could then pay off the ally guilds with loot etc. This way if a Guild is totally dominating raid bosses, other guilds could learn to ally and adapt to challenge the top guild, make and break ally at last minute to screw a guikld or make a better deal with another guild for the kill.

People would actually have to think to overcome challenges, instead of this loser rotation punch card action going on.

3) Introduce Wow like Battle Grounds style pvp instances where you accumulate points for kills and then can turn in for items. This would keep the max level people interested as well as the casuals, but more importantly, extend the longevity of the game farther than just re making alts and joining new servers to relive a thrill. PVP is the ever changing constant of interest if you are not going to introduce new content, but forced pvp is not viable here on a single server, you need the power of numbers from several servers for sustainability.

Runes