How's Population? worth coming back?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kcooler, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

Oh I try, sometimes with really interesting results! :rolleyes:

Ruven
  2. Klak Augur

Hit buttons, root mobs. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.
  3. Tyraxor Augur

While i agree that hard isn't a term that fits the mmo genre (strategy games can be really difficult, but it's very different), Eq wasn't always button smashing (if it is now, i'm not playing enough to judge).

I like using our Chardok runs back then as example, when Kunark was new and very few people had really good gear (it wasn't as crazy as today anyway with stats).
    Now i wouldn't say crawling into the Royals area i.e. was "hard", but it was challenging and i def. had to use my brain. If you played the Enchanter there, even more so.

Those dungeons had mobs with abilities that can hurt you, and a train was just around the corner if someone doesn't pay attention. Mezz breaks did hurt, dps had to be careful what to dps, tanks and healers had to be on the ball...it wasn't really easy for anyone.
    And for the Chanter controlling several mobs asap without all the tools they have today was outright difficult at times.

Just because Eq doesn't have such zones anymore, it wasn't always as simple as hailing a quest giver and entering an instance. You actually had to "work" to get to the camps you wanted, or you could just crawl for fun.