How's Population? worth coming back?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kcooler, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Kcooler Lorekeeper

hey,

So i use to play everquest till probably 2-3 years ago, and the population was dwindling then, to hard to find groups. I was on Povar server. anyhow my question is. Is it worth coming back, is the population still there on any servers? obviously TLE has population atm. Ive debated those, but i like the live server to. anyways any info from active players would be grateful. Thanks :)
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Bristlebane has a very nice server population. Not sure about the others. The only other server I have played on was Vox and that server was next to dead when I left in October of last year.
  3. Clearlee New Member

4. Utaerx Elder

I transferred from Povar to Bristlebane earlier this year, and I have to echo what Mayfairre and Lee said: Bristlebane is very active, Povar not so much.
  5. Duhbeast Augur

Cazic Thule is reasonably active with 2 top raiding guilds and an amazing open raid team.
    DruidCT and Clearlee like this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

FV has roughly the same number of people in General chat as it has the past few years, however it's MUCH quieter than it used to be. I would say based on my experience the population hasn't changed dramatically for the past few years.
  7. Kravitz Augur

Phinigel server population is the easiest to find a group in with the added bonus that its a new server so everyone is starting from scratch. It takes me roughly 1-10 mins to find a group, you can't say that about any other server as it will take you at least 30 mins to 3 hours to find a group. Really depends on how much you value your time, if its valuable to you start on Phinny if not you can do can start on a high population live server.

The disadvantage of Phinny will be finding those elite items, while a regular server you can practically find everything in bazaar to gear you out in a matter of minutes. And about 400 collection sets to get you about 3500 aa instantly.
  8. Viper1 Augur

The game is still fun and worth playing. TLP populations will change drastically over the next few months so it's tough to predict what those will look like 2-3 months from now. Right now, people are playing a lot to get to end-game, but eventually they'll go back to work, school, etc. so who knows after that. Live servers are pretty much constant at this point, but honestly, very little grouping happens before level 100. I strongly suggest boxing on a live server. Not necessarily all the time, but having the ability to do so will help fill in those times when nothing much is happening.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Pay no mind to the negativity that's all over the boards about the new expac. Through all it's bugs the content is challenging and fun. By the time you are playing in TBM it will be fixed - the Devs are doing great playing catch up. :) It's amazing to me this old game is still fun after all this time.

I wish I could offer you an appropriate guild for your level on Bristlebane but there are many active guilds here of all types. Good luck and welcome back!
  10. Faana Augur

Oh, a ranger who wasn't bothered by all the nerfs of her class! How quaint!
  11. Yimin Augur

Two years ago we had 46 raiding guilds the beat ROF part one . as I post this 27 have beat TBM part one , the summer is over and many server still have very low populations , I play on more then one server , it is true some have good populations and some are very low ....IMO it is time for a merger

And to answer your question of course it is worth coming back this is EQ..

Yimin
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

so are you let Daybreak pick what 12 toons you have left when they combine all the servers you play in to one. GL with wanting that.
  13. Faana Augur

There is no server but Quellious and she is our goddess.

Besides, there is capability for 20 characters on the accounts.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  14. Klak Augur

No. Game too easy.
  15. Faana Augur

I say it's too hard. That must mean it's balanced.
  16. Tyraxor Augur

Let's add a honest answer here...live servers are not worth coming back currently, *if* you have good other things to play already. The content when you stopped 2-3 years ago was far superior than what is offered right now.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

Jhenna can I have what you are drinking or smoking?

And Faana rangers are a great class if you understand the class beyond those that thought they were just for head shotting.
  18. Klak Augur

What? The content is way way too easy. Are we even playing the same game?

This game is not hard...like at all. Hit buttons, win. If you think its hard then need to relearn the class you are playing imo.
    Faana likes this.
  19. Viper1 Augur

EQ has never been "hard." It's always been just "hit buttons and win." We've just gone through various levels of gear dependency over the years. what some people might mistake for difficulty is really just finding out they're not geared for it.
  20. Faana Augur

You haven't tried to punt or root anything lately then.