How will the "Easy Mode" standard affect raiding?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are posts suggesting that it is currently bugged on test and not working as expected.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Im more interested to see if it makes any change to tanking and healing than DPS.
    Laronk likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Agree with the banner being enabled 1-2 months after a raid releases. That's not too far for T3 raids (presuming they are released/unlocked/keyed for ~3 months after release), but if they make T1 raids challenging (for better or worse), waiting 5 months later for superior standard is a long time.
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually, it looks more like the Devs caving into the people who are not in the top guilds and cannot beat content in era and given them a boost to make it so that they can beat the content before the next expansion comes out, which those people have been whining about for several years now. Nothing to do with NoS specifically.

Easy mode going into effect before the end of the expansion is too soon.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

So now its in has anyone parsed how much it actually changes raid dps?
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Agreed. NoS itemization is cookie-cutter, but not as bad as some claim it to be.

I feel like the new banner is a bone to throw to established guilds that have trouble fielding a full raid. Top guilds will beat content regardless of the banner type. I don't see a problem with the new banner releasing 6 months into an expansion.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or they realize that if they want to keep players around they need to make it so that they can actually beat the content. Honestly what does it matter to you if someone gets help being it after 6 months while it is still current versus 12+ months later when it is no longer current?
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

It won't be OP. It scales to level, but 10-15% at live levels the math was run and we are already capped on most of those. Basically, we are at max for a lot of SPAs, unless we use ones without conflicts a lot at either 10% or 30% don't matter.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...es-and-discussions.291284/page-4#post-4230188
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...es-and-discussions.291284/page-7#post-4232725
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

My statement regarding it was hyperbolic, specifically towards those wanting the Easy Mode banner to be available considerably sooner than currently. I chose to make hyperbolic statement rather than point out that they were trying to rebrand the standard mode as hard mode.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Would be nice to see a raid banner rather than a guild banner. Arguably the forces that could most use a banner like this are the raid forces that are least likely able to use it, since the force is made up of people from many guilds.
    Yinla, Angahran, Kaenneth and 2 others like this.
  13. error Augur

Eh, it's a mediocre performance boost in older content. If you can't clear an encounter it's probably because you can't deal with the mechanics and this isn't going to help you with that. And if it is just a dps check that's blocking you and this gives you that little bit extra you needed for the clear, then uh, I guess it's doing its job?
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would be handy to be able to toggle the banner's aura benefit to the 'raid' instead of only the guild.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How will the Easy Mode standard affect raiding? I think it will make it easier. :)
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I could see guilds wanting to brag they don't use the new standard. At least on initial raids. But unless there is some benefit of not using the new banner I suspect most will eventually.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, pretty much every guild will be using them as soon as they unlock which will be well after all the top guilds have the raids on farm.
  18. Angahran Augur

The bleeding edge guilds will still get to brag about beating the raids on day 1.
    These banners will simply allow those of us in regular guilds the chance to maybe actually beat an expansion before the next one comes out and people refuse to go back and do 'old' content.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

20. Laronk Augur

Yeah lets not try to make the game more accessible so that we can keep healthier populations. With everquest's 54 man raids it can make it hard to get into a guild with a timeslot that works for you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Fenthen like this.