How to uncheck box on patch client

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Hegsheoshed, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

How do I uncheck the box on the client that says 'Remember me when I log on this computer'?

It is messing with me logging in other accounts and running the patcher.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Hegsheoshed Augur

It got checked by accident while logging in. Now it does all client logins as that account and goes to the 'Play' window. No way to uncheck and the client errors out for other accounts since it won't even finish loading and the patcher errors out.

I guess since there is no Knowledge base article for this I will have to petition for the information. I don't want anything saving my password info and doing it for me. Especially if it is going to block me running the patcher for other accounts.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is how to clear the cache from the help section
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache

Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

I just deleted the cookies folder inside that folder and everything in the world is normal again. Frustrating. There should be a better way. It took a few tries for the launcher to finally load up after deleting the cookies. Thank you for your response.

It was only letting the account login that had the check. To get another account in that account had to be logged in by selecting from the drop down list instead of hitting the play button for the auto logged in account. Subsequent clients would still do the same to log in the account with the check or select another account from the drop down list. If the account with the check was already in game the patcher would error out continuously and you would see the sad failed patcher with the error.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

Now to log in the other accounts on this pc I have to have that account logged out to get them added to the cache or it just errors out then I can log in that account. I only switch between a few accounts on the central pc. This is just weird behavior for the client to not fully load for logging in.