Fixed Internally Patcher problems

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elite_raider, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

Delete the entire LaunchPad.cache folder. This should have gone in the Player Support forum because its an inquery, its not a game bug.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Another possible solution:

1) Open launcher and wait for error message
    2) Open task manager
    3) Click more details
    4) Click dropdown for daybreak
    5) Close the "child" processes under daybreak until it works
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you uncheck the box?
  4. kreonin New Member

can't uncheck the box as the launcher never gets to that point in the process. DBG customer service is horrible.
  5. Mucho New Member

6. Troutfest Augur

Starting today on my machine that does this the most, I can kill child processes under the daybreak games in the app section of taskmanager and eventually the launcher closes. Had to go into background processes below the apps in taskmanager and find the GameLaunerCefChild process down there and kill those first then go up to the apps section and kill a few before launcher would begin.
  7. Platinum New Member

bunch of asus laptops with n4200 intel cpus having this same problem. Would be nice if we could get an automatic fix for this- so I dont have to keep killin random processes <3
  8. Weaps Journeyman

I'm just started getting this issue on one of my PCs as well. I am seeing multiple instances of the same child process in task manager (standard windows task manager). The impacted PC is an intel i5-6500 and I'm running Windows 10 Home (version 21H1), 64-bit OS. The workaround is functional but give me a break- I'm not rando-clicking a bunch of subtasks every time I want to play a game I have to pay an MSF to access, I'm cancelling accounts... can't believe some of you have been doing the workaround on multiple boxes for like a week now! Absurd!
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Started having the same issues last night on my laptop, windows 7 runs EQ like a dream in desktop, windows 10 says I have no internet....
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once again the laptop is having issues logging in, it is going to get old very quickly if I have to delete the cashe and enter user name and password everytime I want to log in.
  11. Elite_raider Augur

Don't delete the cash, it doesn't help. Keep the cash so that the username gets stored and you only have to enter the password, still not great, but at least it is something.
  12. Ilshade Augur

reset cache - reset my ip reset game b=y a new install and still cannot even log in to the game cause it doesnt even launch, worked the other day then nothing now - like WTF

Are they working on this or is there a fix i can do or anything other than that if i cant play ill just move on to something else kind a bs for this day and age
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Deleting the cash is the only way I have found to get past the log in screen otherwise it tells me I have no internet...which I have cause I can post here....from what I can see there isn't any duplicate EQ files running.
  15. NoxiousBaleful New Member

PLEASE FIX THE PATCHER! almost everyone I know is having issues trying to log in, it takes multiple tries to get the patcher to work properly. People have been complaining for a while now and it still does not work.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. MonsterAnimal New Member

I'm also having this problem on 4 different computers. 2 Desktops 2 Laptops. One desktop running Windows 11, the other 3 running Windows 10 21H2. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does happen I have 3 GameLauncherCefChildProcess running under the Daybreak Game Company LaunchPad process. If it's going to work on its own, one of those processes will automatically kill itself, if it gives me the error, I have to manually kill the top child process to get the launchpad to give me the option to play. Killing the top child process works for me 100% of the time when the launcher fails to load.

If it matters, all computers are running various generations of Intel Core I-X processors. If it helps, I can provide screen captures/recordings of it happening, since it happens more often than not.
  17. Elite_raider Augur

Ok, it sounds like your problem is something different then what is being reported in this thread then, maybe consider making a new bug thread with that bug, to make it easier for them to identify the bug and help.
  18. Jonny Rip New Member

Open your task manager and go to details. End task one of the programs related to the patcher (there should be 3 of them), if one of them doesn't work go to the next one until it does. This is what worked for me.
  19. Shaolin New Member

Just about everyone in my guild (including myself) has this issue too. Needs to be fixed ASAP, please.
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated. Most people find that going into task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) then finding the launcher, and clicking the arrow next to it and closing the child processes allows them in. Sometimes the processes will restart, simply End task again on those and it should allow login.

As soon as we have more news, it will be posted.
    CrazyLarth, Metanis and Elite_raider like this.