How to prevent monopolizing of raid targets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Greymere, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Ishbu Augur

See the edit on my last post. There is a problem with mages in this content. Thats just a broken mechanic for this era. It is a problem, but its not a problem with people not having a fair shot at mobs, its with the mage class as a whole.
  2. Canik Augur

So someone taking advantage of an in-game flaw.... isn't that an exploit?
  3. Ishbu Augur

I guess that would depend on one's definition of exploit, but since it really only matter what DBG thinks and they just cant fix this problem, it is what it is. Over time as an expansion or 2 comes out it wont be an issue and everyone can complain about manaburn or HT or whatever.

If this is a hot button issue for someone, I suggest they vote no on the release of kunark to get more time to start farming for Krono. Then they too can run a bot army if necessary, and if they choose not to, then they had their opportunity and chose to prioritize something else.
  4. Greymere Augur

I'll bite Ishbu.

One Holly has said one guild monopolizing all the content and intentionally blocking others is a "bad" thing. In response to a question about that very topic.

Two the Play nice Policy which does still exist by the way even though it is enforced poorly, specifies that the monopolization of all the content in a zone is a form of zone disruption on the group level. How else would you describe the monopolization of all raid targets? There was a reason GMs enforced raid rotations, and The developers were already on record as hoping the players could come to an equitable arrangement rather than GM's needing to become involved.
  5. Ishbu Augur

Well for starters, I entered the discussion with asking why its a bad thing, and one person, executive producer or not, stating it is bad is not a reason, its just a statement and the question still stands.

Raid targets are not the whole zone, they just 1 or a few mobs in a zone. Many many people have loot from raid zones that havent gotten the raid targets on the server. Yes, GM's making us actually police the server would lead to raid rotations and be a much better solution, but that was also server by server. Some servers went with first to engage as their rule, but the point is, what was enforced is what the players ultimately worked out, but it always needed GM intervention, which DBG isnt going to provide for this server. Raid targets have always been monopolized in the early EQ expansions, and that is what I signed up for on a maximum nostalgia server. I havent gotten any yet, maybe I wont for an expansion, thats just how it should be.
  6. Kahna Augur

Pretty hard to compete dps wise when 12 mages cast rain spells on their pets the second before the mob spawns. It pops into the world at 40% health. It's okay though, soon it will be instances, and even 12 mages can only hold so many instances.
  7. Greymere Augur

Correct if DBG is not going to provide enforcement, they need to do so via mechanics, because absent mechanics players will not abide by any form of equitable arrangement.
    Ishbu likes this.
  8. Ishbu Augur

And there is an answer to my original question that makes sense. Thank you.

I agree with that.
  9. Kahna Augur

One reason it would be bad is that it isolates an large percentage of the player base. If they feel they have no hope of seeing raid targets they are less likely to continue paying for a subscription. If multiple guilds are able to compete, even if it is still a small portion of the population, it give people hope, and they are more likely to continue paying. Even if they don't actually have a significantly increased chance of seeing mobs. More subcriptions is more money for Daybreak, and they are a company.
  10. Ishbu Augur

Everquest for years and years existed and grew where people only saw raid targets in the expansion or expansions down the line after the top guilds moved on or they got better gear from the new expansions to down the harder content from before. That is actually something that kept many many people paying month after month, because there was always something worth working towards. Making it available to everyone immediately just makes each expansion useless upon the next, which is yet another reason that EQ was the best mmo still to this day.
  11. Greymere Augur

Nothing from Classic is Best in slot by time Luclin rolls around same can be said of most the Kunark and Velious Loot by the time Planes of Power rolls around.

So the loot itself is really not a huge deal in the big picture, the issue is more the environment that not having more than one group on a server experiencing content fosters, and that is one with leapfrogging, hacks, exploits, warping, trains, intentionally breaking mezzed mobs etc.. Its a toxic atmosphere to become involved in where your options are have integrity and report said issues to GM's with video proof and hope something is done about it in a reasonable amount of time while trying to prevent your own player base from saying f%* this game and quitting, or resorting to those tactics yourself and risk being punished if caught while contributing to the cesspool.

Personally I want DBG to keep as many subscribers as possible so would suggest characters being flagged unable to participate for a short period over coming down with a banhammer, much as I believe some players the community would be better without. A mechanics based rotation system essentially.
  12. Sabbon Journeyman

This is a troll. Other Guilds hardly have even contested Twisted Legacy in any way. The only contesting that has really happened is in the last few days....Its funny how people will just make up whatever and somehow if someone repeats it 10,000 times it becomes real...
  13. Greymere Augur

Hardly trolling you bud I don't name TL because TL currently has no impact on me on my server, I am referring to feature changes to create equitable mechanics in game, but I'd understand if anything that forces equitable behavior on TL would be opposed by TL based on their past reputation.
  14. Detheb Augur

Also, not a single member of the developer crew, nor the PR crew has stated that they believe that any guild is monopolizing on raid content. Considering that quite a few raid targets have gone to other guilds on Ragefire, it may not even occur. I dont think you're going to get anywhere with this discussion.
  15. Orienn TreeHugger

And how many members of your guild are blowing them to make that statement?
  16. Greymere Augur

We will see what happens Detheb I was an advocate of increasing the amount of instances of raid targets instead of fully instancing because I believed just having more raid targets to kill in relation to population and time in era was needed but didn't want fully instanced content as a first solution.

I believed just having more respawns would be more content going to more players in general, and I still do, plus am a fan of the wait and see approach before any changes. This post is about making a suggestion about a potential solution to the issue of content blocking and or monopolization of raid targets if/when it occurs which has occurred in the past under DPS race rules prior to the creation of Play Nice Policy and GM enforcement. Its a suggestion that also doesn't require instancing. SO please by all means protest me even offering suggestions to Daybreak.