How to best prove you were intentionally trained?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kroak, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Kroak Journeyman

This isn't intended to be a discussion on whether training is ever warranted, or name shaming, or calling out guilds that utilize training, as those are being covered in other threads (and locked when appropriate).

My understanding is that intentional training is a punishable offense, but how does one provide the information necessary to see that justice be done? What is the burden of proof? Does the GM/Guide have to see it happen live? Does the offender have to be reported more than a certain number of instances to have action taken against them?

Should we use OBS, or some other video recording software, to create video archives of our play sessions? And if so, what needs to be captured in order to determine guilt? How do we provide the recordings to the GMs/guides (there are GMs/guides still, right?)?

What other steps can we proactively take to ensure that when we are trained, that the GMs/Guides will be able to take action?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

3. Misaligned Augur

Set-up Nvidia Shadowplay to store a 5 or 10 minute buffer. Then just hit record when needed.
  4. Risiko Augur

It should be pointed out that the vast majority of trains are not intentional. That's why it is hard to prove that someone had intent when you get trained. Even if the person that trained you happened to be a monk, does not in and of itself mean that it was an intentional train.

Try to keep that in mind before you go out there trying to get people banned just because you got killed in a game. It's these knee jerk reactions that lead to situations like the Salem Witch Hunt. You just might be ruining someone else's ability to play Everquest because you got them banned for an accident.

Just saying.
  5. Kroak Journeyman

Accidental trains aren't the situations I am concerned with, Risiko. Those wouldn't be what I would report.
  6. Illusory Augur

I would say both video and a log files of your chat.
  7. That One Guy Augur

Someone had 13 corpses all through the path to and from efreeti from trying to train all morning.

Rough life as a trainer these days.

Fyi: this enchanter should have just made a monk.
  8. Risiko Augur

LOL that's awesome
  9. Boosi Lorekeeper

It's open world everquest. Stop crying or trying to get people punished because NPCs agro.
  10. Kroak Journeyman

Please don't take the troll bait. If anyone has any other suggestions on how to best go about providing evidence of an *intentional* trainer, please do share.
  11. Trizek Augur

100% video evidence is needed. Chat logs are icing on the cake if you can get him to somewhat admit to training, but without a video of clear purposely training, you got nothing.
  12. Illusory Augur

I don't know if this statement is 100% true.

We don't know what DBG's backend is capable of... Most game servers can recreate events in full detail. What I mean by this is that they can actually receate the events from server logs and this can contain everything from NPCs, PCs, and chat events. I've said this before in a thread and I received no response from the devs which make me believe it may actually be true. Usually they either lock threads that get too close to them or they remain silent. :)

Alternatively, video evidence is the best solution. It allows DBG support to investigate the occurrences without the need for recreation of the scene. Additional advice for reporting is to have multiple people report the offender with video and chat log evidence. If you have an entire group (unique IPs) reporting 1 person and all reports match, there is no doubt that DBG will take action.

You have to remember that DBG handles all of these reports on a 'case by case basis.' With that, you'll want as much evidence as you can in the case.
  13. Trizek Augur

Okay so I wen't a little overboard on the 100% part, but do you really expect DBG to actually do this lol? This could take hours to actually do. And the fact they're already understaffed, I don't see them creating this type of scenerio just to see if someone actually trained a player. And with the amount of QQing in game, I am sure there are at LEAST 10 train reports a day, easily.

I push the video evidence part based on player feedback. Whenever I hear reports of being trained, and attempting to report them, it almost always ends up with something in the lines of "make sure you record it" or "without video proof you got nothing" and the successful suspensions of players I have actually seen is when video evidence is added.
  14. A Wonderer Journeyman

Yeah I've seen this one guild Truncidation running between Kithicor to get the named Dark Elf and Nagafen's Lair to get the named there, when they fail they train. When they train they get recorded! Dispelling charm is the last option for them if the train fails.

A real scumbag guild literally everyone in it is a tool.

Not saying everyone is whiter than white of course, but these guys are the worst loot I've seen in a long time.
  15. That One Guy Augur

I haven't had any problems with truncidation training. My problems have been cntrl alt deletes or whatever their name is. Dying a dozen times trying to train is just hilarious. I almost didn't report them just because it was worth so much in entertainment.
  16. A Wonderer Journeyman

Head to Kithicor or Sol B mate they sit at Efreeti then they bowl into any Picks with Skarlon and Rokyl up and train through anyone who's there.
  17. That One Guy Augur

That makes sense cause when I'm at efreeti they don't train me. I rarely do the giants but I've only has problems with 1 enchanter from the cntrl alt deletes guild. They love to train even though they are so so bad at it (lucky for me)
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Bait people into admitting guilt and /reporting it along with a petition (video evidence is a bonus).

People are dumb and will straight up say "Yeah I trained you.".
  19. Atabishi Augur

That statement is definitely 100% true. You need video evidence or an admission of guilt. DBG does not have the ability, or simply will not try to recreate any type of scenario through log files. If you don't have admission of guilt through chat that you can /report, then you either A) Need at least TWO videos of them training or B) Hope that they trained multiple other people recently who also provided video proof.
    If you only have video of them training you once, with no admission of guilt, and other videos have not recently been submitted for that person, then one train isn't enough to get anyone in trouble. It has to be a repeated offense, not a one and done.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one =)
  20. Raltar Augur

I don't know if you can really prove it unless they say "hey, I trained you." Even video evidence wouldn't be enough as it could have still been an accident or they can at least claim it was an accident. Then again, if the same person keeps getting reported for it, that might indicate that that person is actually intentionally training people.