How much per month do you spend on EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nefarr, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Moklianne Augur

I bought in during the subscription sale, so $29.99 for 3 months. 2 accounts.
    I had originally purchased SC (maybe $25 worth) in preparation for RoF, so now I'm just spending it on bags and other minor things. Not much on the marketplace that draws my attention, so letting the monthly SC allowance build up and using that will probably suffice.
    I jumped in on the 50% off for VoA for my alt account.

Overall, not a whole lot.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm paying hardly anything on my 5 active (paying sub) accounts, due to taking advantage of the SC fiasco. Eventually that will run out though.

I generally paid full price month to month subs, just so I had the luxury of cancelling at any time without leaving paid time on the table. Add in buying 32 slot bags and illusions I like for SC (always with 2x and 3x accrued SC, I'm not that much a sucker yet), add in expansions, add in the occasional LoN tournament pack for the eq item (whatever happened to those anyway?), and I don't want to think about how much I have spent, do spend, or will spend on this game.

But its still cheap cheap cheap entertainment, which is why I shake my head when people complain about the expansion cost or the subscription cost.
  3. Trevor Elder

$0

and it will stay that way until they fix free to play
  4. Retrievil Elder

Im paid up for like 2 years on my 2 accounts, thanks to triple sc and whatnot, I think Im paying about $3 per account, so $6 a month. Ill drop a $20 on SC every once in a while, I like the petamorph wands. You really cant beat the amount of entertainment you get for that little money. Considering the amount of content in EQ and all the expansions you get for simply being gold, even at full monthly price EQ is a bargain.
  5. Geroblue Augur

Probably too much. 3 paid accounts, 1 silver, 1 bronze. Probably spent... hmm. $200 on SC cards from wally-world.
  6. Mardy Augur

When my g/f and I are active, it's 4 of my accounts + 2 of hers which is 6 x $15 = $90. Since we're into fluff and housing, I spend roughly $50-$100 on SC depending on what they have for sale each month. So on average I'd lowball it and say it's about $140 a month.

A couple of years ago, there was a time when I got sucked into LoN like gambling. I think one time I spent $500 on LoN alone for 1 month. And if I have to count in total, I spent over $1000 on LoN in a year and half. What's funny is with all that money spent, the only time I got a rare such as aspect of the brood was when I opened a free 5 cards per month card. Very ironic and sad at the same time. I'm so glad I kicked that bad habit, I'd recommend people to not spend money into LoN. It can become addicting. And really it was designed as such, like gambling.
  7. Tarrin Augur

What is broke?
  8. Pizacatto - CT Augur

A few accounts at full price, then I'll buy potions every now and again, so anywhere between $50-100 a month. I can afford it in my Entertainment Budget, so why not. Anything beyond the initial monthly fees eats into things like going to movies, renting movies, other video games, etc.
  9. Xirtket Augur

I buy the yearly subscriptions.. so that plus I'm also signed up for high speed internet due to EQ, also I tailor any computer I buy/build to run EQ, and from time to time I buy some stuff from station cash, plus expansion costs..

I'm always amazed at what people go through, and spend, just to get their mmorgp fixes :eek:
  10. Shang Augur

I've had one active account for the last year, and I purchased $50 on a 3x weekend, and got it paid for for like a year and a half.

So, if you prorate it out I guess I'm paying $2.8 per month, when I have't spent a dime for it since May.
  11. artofnoise Augur

Annual subscriber(s) since Kunark with all expansions through VoA. We purchased our first bit of SC this year in preparation for the expansion purchase. Will not make that mistake again.
  12. Emalyn New Member

All told, probably close to $300 a month, on average for 2012. This year will average out to be a lot higher than last year (which was only about $100 a month or so as 'the rule of 8' hadn't been devised yet) since I've activated a lot more accounts (even if I didn't keep them activated) than 2011. I'm also paying for two friends' accounts until they get back on their feet. But generally, it's:

Minimum of 8 gold accounts (currently a lot more than 8 :p) @ 15 per = 120
    Wal Mart game cards, purchased 10 at a time, once a quarter @ 15 per = 50
    and a few account splits (splitting alts onto new accounts).

Not really planning to buy RoF in 2012 so it won't count.
  13. Mealudar New Member

10 accounts, 2 of which got in at the $89.99/year deal a month or so back. (Went through and signed all of them up, but only 2 worked :( )

So $7.50 x 2 = $15.00
    15.00 x 8 = $120.00

That puts me at $135.00 monthly for memberships. I tend to go buy SC cards when sales go on, especially WalMart double or triple. Sometimes 10 cards, sometimes only 5 cards and if a cheap deal comes up and I don't have SC sitting on an account, I purchase it outright as a trip to WalMart is negated by the cost of gas.

I would roughly guess I spend about $160.00 a month on EQ.

Looking forward to buying RoF, although probably not before launch day for most of my accounts.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Quarterly for $42 = $14 per month

Expansion $40 = $3 per month

Total of roughly $17 per month. Less than I spend in a week on beer....:rolleyes:
  15. Leerah Augur

Same times 4= $46.64/month. Marketplace- occasional purchases like extra char. slots, extra merc slot, transfer tokens- only when they're on sale. At this point, I will not be buying RoF due to SOE's way they treat loyal customers.

I provide a Zam account and we have forums and Teamspeak but that money is ancillary to what I pay to SOE.

Lee of Povar
  16. artofnoise Augur

Cannot edit my last post to add:

...nearly everything (if not all) has been for FULL price and I never used SC for subscription time nor an expansion.
  17. Sinestra Augur

If you're not paying anything to play now, what would be the difference if they fixed free to play? The promise that you might at some time buy some SC?