How much per month do you spend on EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nefarr, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nefarr Journeyman

With so much boxing going on and all the items available in the market, on average how much do you all spend per month on EQ and EQ related purchases?

I only have 1 active sub currently, and might buy one XP potion per month.

$25.00.
  2. FcsevenXIII Augur

I only spend on the subscription but if a cool looking petamorph wand comes out I'll buy it.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I'm in the "sucker" category, that probably pays the most and gets the least from it, paying month to month recurring. For the pennies per day, just don't feel like messing around with other payment methods and never sure if I'll be around next month.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Just returned after a long hiatus. $15 for sub. $40 for VoA. $30ish for name, race and gender change. Also have a second active account. So next month when RoF drops it will be $15 + $40 x 2... my poor bank account. I weep. (Not to mention the sucker factor of double and triple SC bonuses, which is probably another $10 per month on average.)

Still, it's cheaper than going out partying.
  5. Anatole New Member

I have 4 active subs, but i lucked out and loaded up on a triple SC weekend and bought the year long SC subs when they were live. With 4 accounts (without SC subs), occasional SC purchases and annual expansions and not including any hardware updates, i am guesstimating that I normally spend around $900 -$1,000 a year, so averaged out around $80 a month. This year has been significantly cheaper, probably $40-$50.
  6. Langya Augur

Cost of two recurring monthly subs. Plus the occasional booster pack purchase to try to get a Kiss of E.Marr.
  7. Siddar Augur

Less then I did last year.

They have been more stingy on the SC sales this year and have had bad timing for me personally when they did have them.

Having to buy extra merc slots or hero's forge also has left me a less willing to spend the SC I have because you never know when SoE will drop there next game feature into SC instead of a expansion like it should have been.
  8. JERUS Augur

$100/year sub (i still have the 2 year for $200 thing going), pluse $40/year expansion. So $11.66/month on average. I've spent less SC on eq than i've gotten from monthly grants.

I'm sure there's plenty out there that spend <10/month when you factor in that they got year subs for what like $30 using SC back before SOE realized what they were doing....
  9. Xorn New Member

Family: 9 accts: $15 x 9= $135, Zam: $10 for 3 months, Station cash: around $30/month. 9 expansions/year: $360

so total per year $2380.
    but if you figure I play roughly 15 hours/week x 52 weeks = 780 hours. 2380/780 = $3.06 per hour for my wife and me and sometimes my kids to play.

in contrast: wife and me go to dinner 1 night per week (date night 5 hours): food $30, drinks $30, movie $25, babysitter $30 = $115 x 52 = $5980

so figure 5 hours out each date night ( 1 day/week) 5 x 52= 260 hours. 5980/260= $23 per hour.

Btw date night is only if we get a babysitter, which is hard, and no we don't get to go out every week, but I also don't get to play EQ 15 hours every week. Also didn't include other expenses like internet or car upkeep, because they are used for other activities.

IMHO EQ for the money is a very, very low cost hobby.
    Greymantle likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

2 all-access recurring gold subs, 2 non recurring EQ only subs still running on Station Cash time. (good till next april!)
  11. Jyve Augur

Great question.
    Hmm, ok, so main account the 100bucks a year,
    alt account standard gold, bought 3 months at a time,
    very occasional SC purchase when it's triple SC,
    99 bucks for an LoN expansion box (don't get it every expansion).
    Trip to Vegas (airfare+hotel+incidentals).
    Buying a second PC to box easier on a second machine (that to be fair gets used for other things too, but it was primarily bought to box on).
    Uh oh, this is creeping up somewhat. All those purchases over the years, some spending more than others, skipping FF /last/ year...
    STILL an excellent spending of cash vs time spent enjoying.
  12. Ronak Augur

Conflicting signals on this. Smed stated they knew exactly what they were doing, and it was profitable. It was then discontinued of course. Then, this weekend? The other guy said they were losing their shirts. So, which do you believe, I guess?

I spend pretty much nothing extra on EQ other than sub and expansion cost, at this point.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 sub, £17 every 3 months so £5.67 a month...whatever that converts at.

I used to have 3 accounts, but my dislike for VoA dropped that so I now only subscribe for the 1. If RoF is any good I could find myself re-subscribing 1 or both of those that are now F2P.

No interest in SC, I'm a strong believer in trinkets coming from playing the game not from my real cash. The only time I've been tempted was heros forge but my CC didn't work so I had to wait till I had enough free SC to purchase it.
  14. Sinestra Augur

With two monthly subscriptions, magelo, ZAM, and my internet (the vast majority of my internet is used by EQ so it counts) random SC purchases and the expansion every year it is around $1100.00.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Oh right, I forgot to include the $25 I also had to pay to reactivate Magelo.
  16. Piestro Augur

When I was a bartender, and got tons of free drinks, I still spent about $400 a month in tips. Admittedly I was perhaps going out a bit too often, but the cost isn't even in the same realm.
  17. Numiko Augur

I spend more at Starbucks each month that I do on EQ and all the other MMO's I play.
  18. Sinestra Augur

Yeah I spend way less playing EQ than going out, but the drinks don't keep getting smaller everytime I leave the house.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Cakvala Augur

I spend around $30 to $40 a month on EQ (subs, station store etc)

Cheapest entertainment around.
  20. Porterz73 Augur

Good luck and good timing on my account

Started FTP because my sister loved the game. At some point in the year Station Cash was 3X do I bought some. The following is a rundown of costs.

$150 @ 3X = 45000 SC
    VOA Standard 1/2 price in may = 1999 SC
    1 Year Sub was 1/2 price in June = 5994 SC each
    Purchased 5. 5994x5 = 29970 SC

Account is now Gold to 2017 for $150 with more than 10000 SC left over
    Cost per month about $2.50

Add $40 for each new expansion until I get bored

Not a bad deal
    Leerah likes this.