How important are aggro weps for wars in group?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malkavius, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Malkavius Augur

So something I have only dabbled in is warriors in the group game until 40s on tlps. And 95% of the time provoke, wufenite and good taunt use works well. Also having good weapons, I love getting a warrior at least a bit twinked. My main question is how important are hard aggro weapons vs equal or better ratio weapons in the group game for a warrior? I have been playing on mischief and 95% of wars use obsidian blade regardless of level and have trouble holding aggro. BoCs are oddly same price they always are on every server so I have one. I also have a SoD because why not? But is there ever any need for boc or bloodfrenzy dbow pre raiding?
  2. Herf Augur

If you can't taunt, you can't tank.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

A good proc weapon definitely helps, but in pugs there are so many variables. Definitely get the augs like you said, but also make sure you learn the "new" taunt discs. Aggro only gets easier for warriors as TLPs progress... the earlier in the tlp the worse they are relatively.

SoD is solid and so is the boc, theyre so cheap that's really where the baseline should be. BF and DBOW are good but certainly not required and you'll pay a premium. Not sure what hategivers go for.

Best idea though is probably join POF group and let a horse carry the group tank.
  4. Xeris Augur

Very untrue.
  5. Thez69 Elder

aggro weapons are more important than dps weps but for group content what you have is fine, if your on a budget dont sweat dbow/bf

blasphemous blade of the exiled is a good one you might find cheap (i did)
    Shui likes this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

You can answer this question factually without depending on subjectives.

Here is a list of the actual hate amount from procs: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Items_Aggro_Procs

Weapon aggro is always for the full damage amount per swing, even on misses.

Calc it out for any weapon swap and go with the higher number.
    Vindar likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

There is a lot of parsing data this thread.

Generally you want to be main handing dbow, BF, or BBoE. Otherwise it's going to rough hold threat off several classes. If you are LDoN, everything die so fast it isn't worth fighting for aggro, just go with your best DPS.
  8. Elabone Augur

Idk why people have a hard time answering questions like this. Nothing in this thread is wrong, but your situation will differ greatly depending on what kind of groups youre running into. Most likely youre pugging which means youre not likely running into people who are going to be max dpsing every mob, therefore wont neeed to have the top of the line aggro weapons.

Your best bet for group content is to sell both your 1hs and get a decent 2h to tank with, youll notice a world of difference. If you arent raid tanking you dont need 4 aggro procs. If you arent running super maximized groups you dont need 4 aggro procs. If you arent rolling around in premade super efficient AA farms you dont need 4 aggro procs.
  9. Mrjon3s Augur

Get a 2 hander. Blade of war or vanazar’s and just spam taunt. While procs are nice white damage and spamming taunt is the way to hold aggro. Once GoD comes out use a BBoB and Death’s heads mace if you can. If not just anything with a good ratio.