How do i completely get rid of raid lag?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sk8jack, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Delete your log file when it gets too big.
    /show off (hides names)
    /clear all clears all your chat windows
    or better yet log out of eq then back in right before raid
    /hidemodels all
  2. kizant Augur

Use a skelly illusion!!
    Nennius and Silvena like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

/showspelleffects off
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Stick figures on ?
    Flatchy likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh no. Thats using a 3rd party program to alter your files!
    :D
    Sunawar and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

And if it's on the internet it must be true.
  7. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Completely get rid of raid lag in modern EQ? Don't raid.
    Rijacki, Kyzvs and Windance like this.
  8. Windance Augur

Sadly you still get raid lag when you run into the inn and there are 60+ people all waiting at the door to get in.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Isn't it always the fault of those darned people? :D Seriously, I don't think there will ever be no lag in regards to a large group of people, i.e. a raid. It is what it is.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

How do you get rid of raid lag?
    Find your eqclient.ini and open
    Under [Defaults] add:
    StickFigures=1

To go back to normal change 1 to 0
    StickFigures=0
    Nennius likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Simple trick to get rid of raid lag.

You get into discord.
    Everyone sets their settings so you pitch black, nothing, no graphics. But you can still actions.

Graphics is what causes the lag, but if there is graphics its removed and if you nothing, means completely removed.

Discord is crucial because you just need 1 person that has the graphics and everyone watches their screen while doing their actions.

GINA will tell you its ok to press 2 now. 2 is ready to be pressed. 3 is now ready, press 3.
    GINA will tell you, spacebar now.

You don't need to see anything, GINA will you tell you.

raids dogpile and heal.

For times you need to move 2 feet away and then move back 2 feet, you have a macro button 4, /follow. follow and they move you for you.

Simple simple simple.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Stop raiding or playing EQ, lag problem solved.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Strawberry Augur

You're overestimating what these services need.

HD streaming uses just 5Mb/s, and EQ could run on a 56k modem. If you use a packet sniffer, you will see EQ sends tiny kilobit size packages to the client, that can't possibly be behind lag in the game.

If you ran a profiler or a dev tool like PIX alongside EQ, it would show the character assets causing the lag, not the network.

The EQ world itself is properly optimized, the engine has a good culling pipeline, but character assets are not properly managed.
    FYAD and Silvena like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Ask Daybreak to run Defrag every now and then! :)
  15. Windance Augur

Is there a command line option to hide pet names like "/show off" does for PC names?
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think there is a command line but there is a setting in options, display.
  17. JetZeppelin2h Augur

And Skeleton mount!
    [IMG]

If you are only running 1 instance of EQ likely it has nothing to do with internet speed. You could try to go into your graphic settings and turn everything to the lowest setting and see if it preforms better. If that works then you can slowly start raising the values until you get to a point where the graphics / performance is where you want.

I can run 6 instances of EQ on my computer no problem with max settings although there are some things I turn off depending on what zone I am in so I can see collectibles better or hide certain things to make playing easier. If you go to a game like fornite where if I have max settings the computer can play it without any problem but it does cause the computer to be loud and annoying so I normally even turn down the graphics on newer games to quiet down my computer especially if I am watching movies at the same time.
  18. Razorfall Augur

It's not the only thing that's simple lol
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Options > Display - Show Pet Names (checkbox, uncheck to not show)

Also has the following checkboxes:
    • Show PC Names
    • Show NPC Names
    • Show Pet Names
    • Show Merc Names
    • Show Pet Owner Names
    • Show Merc Owner Names
    On raids I use Options > General to Hide Pets - All. Then I go to Options > Display and uncheck Show Pet Names.
    Windance likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Defrag? Not Disk Optimiser? Seriously, does anyone think there is actually a course of action that will bring no lag during a raid? I haven't raided since 2016 and I am greatly out of touch, but even when I got a new system, great broadband, and chanted nice things about Smedley I still had some lag during raids.