How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Angered Augur

HELLO ASTRAL? IM VERY SAD ITS NOT FV =( =( =(
  2. Kyleigh Journeyman

Ease some of the anxiety and stress of this pandemic and release these servers mid April.
  3. ManglerNecro Journeyman

Necropost, but..

Today? Yes? :)
  4. Thewiz Augur

That is my line, sir. And it isn't time yet to ask.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  5. Crabman Augur

Man it can be a mangler clone at this point I just wanna know!
    Icetech likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

7. Typucm Elder

Sorry to claim your work, but seems some steps are done and soon we got some info about dates / rules? For me better if no dates, just open new servers TODAY:)

1) Overseer, T3Raid, other Live things. - DONE
    2) Merge servers - do it ASAP pls
    3) Open New TLP - today? yes?

Maybe I'm a little naive but maybe one of the servers will still get free-trade? (even if very slow exp)?
    I still sure free-trade will keep players to play past POP, as some Devs want, so why not.
  8. Rekreant New Member

Yall are like the people who post on youtube channels begging for a free computer lol.
  9. Vicus Augur

Does that work! Off to youtube.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

11. Beep Elder

I believe you're supposed to poop on those, not pee. Just FYI for next time.
    Sniggz likes this.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

Are you suggesting that if your test turns up positive, you'll deliver the news in 9 months?
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Iove Elder

No need to merge servers, it will not help Mangler anyway, just open new server NOW! :)
  14. code-zero Augur

probably means he'd be ordering a LOT of socks
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They need to merge servers to free up the hardware they'll use probably.

16. Typucm Elder

10 years ago i can believe its need to do before them can open new servers, but not in 2020, even with remote working.

There is a good idea for a startup - rent a new data center, launch new TLP servers (one of them with free-trade loot, or both) with a mandatory subscription, thousands people come to play, them start to buy things like exp pots/bags in bulk from the store = BIG profit?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

New servers cost more money and time, merging servers and using existing hardware saves both of that.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Creedmonk Augur

Just curious but what do you think the hardware cost would be for a 21 year old game to add a new server to?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Does it matter what the cost is? The point is they have the choice of using new hardware which incurs new costs both monetary and time or to reuse hardware which is likely to have no new additional monetary costs and just the time involved to do the work.

Plenty of businesses look to reduce costs when possible by not adding new expenditures and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Vicus Augur

Launching a new server when the playerbase is at home vice launching when people have to return to work will also cost them a lot of extra money.

Two quick things:
    1st, Im sure they have some extra servers around for just in case emergency which they could of use to bring up the new TLP's.
    2nd, One way pissed off the community, the other way would of made everyone happy. I think the cost question would of been negligible and launching early would of won out because merging in the future would save them the save amount of money.

I think DBG's isn't allowing DPG to adjust their schedule..and you can't make everyone happy and DBG is good at proving that theory.