How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Chikkin Augur

Ah-hah! Folks we now have proof that Dreamweaver is secretly Holly trying to get closer to the community! Just look at the "Not Today" comment! You heard it here first folks!

What about new progression servers? Not today! But we are planning to launch in late spring/early summer. We have some work to do on tech and game health overall as well as fully rounding out the rule sets before we can launch them. Part of this work includes tackling some server merges between now and late spring to position us well for new progression servers. We’ll give more detail when we have it, of course.

Edit: On a serious note, I guess Holly is aware of this thread? It's a heavily viewed thread and a hot topic, but you never know just how in-touch the top dog in an online game is with the community.

Edit 2: Dreamweaver, don't let the people complaining about being trolled get to you. I don't know if I'm in the minority, or the others are just loud/vocal, but I enjoyed knowing something was in the works. I just know you're human, and don't want you sitting at your pc thinking "man, I'll never do this again, geez". The people upset and feel led on did it to themselves. No promises were made, and nothing is final until it happens.

Also, I need to go look at see if a topic was already made elsewhere, as all I have done this morning was read the producer's letter and come straight to this thread, -- but since I'm out of touch (just returned in December) what servers (and this is a question for the community, i know DW can't tell us) are the obvious choices for server merges? I see some mentioning the TLP servers, but what about the live servers, which ones are dead these days? -- It does seem crazy for EQ to have 27 servers right now. I see a new thread already made!

Cheers folks! Don't pile it on Dreamweaver too hard, otherwise we'll lose the good daily contact, and it'll be another example of why we can't have nice things. It's FRIDAY you all! Woot Woot!
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

Don't worry, I've been doing this for a while, lots of people want different things, some days some will be happy and other days they won't. I'll still be here.
    Chikkin, Risiko, Thewiz and 2 others like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Holy crap, people. DBG didn't start this thread, we did. Dreamweaver didn't deceive us. He gave us the information he had, when he was allowed to give it. WTF...
    Stagentti and Risiko like this.
  4. topple good idea generator

Correction. I did. It’s my fault.

Come on people do your worst. I can take it. I bet you want to spank me. Mmm yea I’ve been so bad...
    dreamweaver and Stagentti like this.
  5. Pikles Journeyman

Topple is the worst! haha!

I actually really enjoyed this thread too! We live in a troll world! Dreamweaver actually made this thread much better and teased us appropriately. We all knew IF there was an announcement this month it would be at least a few weeks before any new server would be up, most like 30 days or so. Ironically, a lot of the people on here complain when the announcement isn't given in enough advance, but now they are mad we are getting too much of a warning!

I think releasing servers last year around the anniversary made much more sense, this year not so much. You may as well attempt to spend more time, energy, and resources on doing it right as Darkpaw this time around. And a lot of us believe that's what is happening, so we are super excited!

Can't wait to know the actual rulesets, timelines, and everything that will come out over the next few months! Thanks for the warning and we can all start getting excited soon! THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US!
    Chikkin likes this.
  6. mark Augur

maybe these month since the zek experiment failed and even the prices giveaway kept people away from it.we need a new tlp starting in classic with notruebox.
  7. ImaginaryFriend New Member

There are hordes of boxers on true box TLPs as it is.... I don't even want to imagine how many there would be on a non-truebox server... I mean, I don't mind people who box a toon, but people who box an entire party and that are a little much...
  8. Thalliius Augur

couldnt wait any longer so i started 2 accounts up on firiona vei.. bought bags, mounts, etc so im committed to that server now

good luck with the TLP, i hope everyone gets what they want
  9. mark Augur

the idea his to have a truebox server and a non truebox server so the people that dont like people boxing have sort of an option and have to just put up with the krono farmerds or rmt has thay are called.
  10. Pappasalt Augur

Just so happens that Selo and Miragul will be at the same expansion this summer :p.
  11. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If they merge Fippy / Phiney it will certainly be Fippy into Phiney, not the other way around and retain the Phiney rules set. It would be bad business to move an active server into a dead server with a more restrictive rule set.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Double correction, I gave the thread its heart and soul, its purpose to keep going on and on and on ...
    [IMG]
    dreamweaver likes this.
  13. mark Augur

so upset was looking forward to a brand spanking new tlp nothing beats the rush to lvl 50,last year i got to lvl 60 on selos it was fun but not as much as a classic start,the family his so happy because i am playing the other game with them we have 8 active accounts,5 mine ,2 the wifes and 1 other player.
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Is today the day DPG finally acknowledges the PVP TLP crowd? And our massive event on Saturday which showed how viable a PVP TLP would be? How much money it would make?

HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of people showed up Saturday. Population hit HIGH which NO OTHER Live server did but FV.

Come on DPG. More people want PVP TLP than another PVE one! Just look at the massive support!!!
  15. taliefer Augur

10/10 for tryhard effort, 0/10 for facts
    Thewiz and Fraggly like this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You are delusional, you had to photoshop the server status page, load multiple boxed accounts to even break 100. You can tell it was boxed accounts since the names for every 4-5 ogres was the same with only one letter changed ... that screams boxed accounts.

You had your shot, you failed to plan it out properly, failed to execute it [not even 5 min of actual pvp] and you failed to deliver Twitch Live streams. I can probably come up with 10+ more things you failed to do to have a successful "Protest".

The only question now is how long will Darkpaw allow you guys to terrorize the forums and Discord until they start banning you.

Seeing as your account is new, maybe they already started banning.
    Thewiz and Fraggly like this.
  17. Brawl Elder

Imagine getting triggered by someone being sarcastic.
  18. mark Augur

how about today a truebox and nontruebox tlp pve 3 months unlocks starting in classic woth ldon,pop and loy opening together,and then god and oow opening together.
  19. Angered Augur

Anniversary exp is coming up... I would really like to know the rules for the new tlp so i can choose whether or not to join the new tlp or start on Mangler!
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not...today.
    Aenu Holysight and Gherig like this.