Hooray! It’s a Double XP Weekend!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Before we have the next double exp can you please fix AB so it doesn't lag to death and keep crashing!!!
    Eluwenie and Diptera like this.
  2. Barbwarrior Augur

aa been maxed for long long time wru new content
  3. Eluwenie Augur

I've been having on and off issues too with AB (I don't box either), launchpad crashes a few times when zoning into random areas, LD's when least expected (and I'm hardwired into my computer using ethernet, my modem/router is fine too, I also check my internet speed on a daily basis, and it's very good). Lag is excessive in certain areas as well as taking way too long to zone into others when nobody is even there. Please fix these issues on AB, much appreciated.
  4. reagentz New Member

Thanks for letting us know at the last minute. For some of us that don't play 24/7 a little more advanced notice would be nice.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. FixShamanPlease Elder

With auto grant aa , discount on xp potions and double xp weekends aren't you going to sell less Krono with all the ppl going FTP after getting all the aa?
  6. pikes New Member

Bloody joke for those on AB 2-3 crashes a day, bad lag and with all the rewinds, stolen pets and zoning into a zone {If you find one not down} Often you have no merc and down you go. Rewinds every crash and kills on zoning. WTG you are officially worse than dial-up:mad:
    Eluwenie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Eluwenie Augur

I agree with you pikes, also that server was the busiest I've seen it in a long time over the weekend, can the server not handle the volume of players anymore? Some I haven't seen online in who knows how long, but they are still there. Crashes galore, LD's and Launchpad problems on and off all weekend on that server, I was hoping to make it to the next level, but that didn't happen because of this. Hopefully Daybreak will consider maybe an extra day or so for those who are specifically on this server this weekend (sans the bugs and w/o any issues) and reagentz.. they announced it on Facebook, so even if your not online in-game, they do announce it via social media.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

While I understand your frustrations you have to realize that it's been over for around 57 hours now. They aren't going to turn it back on days later to compensate one server. They do need to get with whoever it is that runs the AB server and work out the kinks or move it to the same center the rest are located at in Las Vegas.
  9. Eluwenie Augur

Well, perhaps, or perhaps not. I would think it would have a lot to do with how many players have had this issue during double xp weekend. Also this server has been seperated since day 1 from the US, I don't think they will change it anytime soon because of the fact there are indeed a lot of Europeon players around and if they are trying to connect to a US server, they will complain about more lag IMO since it's nearly half way around the world. Last night there was hardly anyone on the AB server and it was just very full this past weekend, it's not like it used to be with players on there having a full GL full of peeps, it's been pretty dead up until the weekend. Also you need to realize too this game is very old as well and it might need some tweeking on Daybreaks end regarding LD's and server issues in general, after 2 DDos attacks to boot. I've seen many players having issues on Facebook with logging in as well and getting certain errors (not on the AB server either), so perhaps the entire system needs a good updated overhaul with hardware/software on their end.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm not taking their side or whatever but you are missing my point. They aren't going to allocate the budget to fix that server. It's not even ran by Daybreak but by some other company. With internet speeds being what they are I doubt lag is that bad anymore and that may be the way forward but obviously that's just speculation. They need to do a server merge anyway with all the servers with very low populations merged into those that are legitimately medium to high. They are doing it for EQ 2 so I expect it for EQ at some point within the next 6 months or so.
  11. Eluwenie Augur

It's possible a lot of factors fall into this as well, EQ 2 came out a while after EQ 1 did and their system services are much more interactive with facial recognition along with using a mic and a camera if you wanted to do that. EQ 1 doesn't have those options or features, perhaps because it's much older and they might need to rely on certain ways of doing things. I don't know the company you speak of that it's being ran by if it's not Daybreak/SoE (both are actually the same). However, I really feel they need to do a lot more with EQ 1 other than a server merger. Fix many things in game as well as expand on some of the older zones, I'm finding a lot of areas that could use a ton of improvement with making certain zones larger. At any rate, have you read the banter on the EQ 2 website about this? Players arn't happy about it one bit with the merger with those servers. I'm not sure how others will feel if EQ 1 were to do that, more than likely the same. I'm not sure how things are "playing out" in EQ 2 when the server merger takes place, there may just be more harm than good, depending on the players and what it all entails to do so. Then again, like you said, perhaps just wait it out. But so many problems have arose after that last update, the patch didn't do much for a lot of people. I expect one more in the near future to be honest.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Lilura Augur

Did you guys turn the double exp back on? Last night I did my usual HAs and instead of getting ~20 AA on my cleric and shaman with LOTD they got 40aa.

Not that I object, mind you.