Hooray! It’s a Double XP Weekend!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hail, Norrathians!

We’ve noticed your intrepid questing, and we think it’s time for you to get a little boost on your adventures. Starting at 12:01AM PDT on Saturday, September 5, you will received Double XP on ALL servers! Yes, that INCLUDES the time-locked progression servers!

But this bonus won’t be around forever. Make sure you log in to game and boost your XP before it returns to normal on Monday, September 7 at 11:59PM PDT.
  2. Arcainos Augur

Thanks Roshen for announcing, and thanks EQ team for the double exp weekend.
  3. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Time to make some new PvP Twinks...

(Rumor has it free server transfers to anyone looking to PvP Mon, Tues nights @ 830pm pst)
  4. Lilura Augur

Really wish it would start now, but good enough. Thanks.
  5. hiallya New Member

6. Vaneksniper Elder

XP potions stack?
  7. Galarian Elder

First, thank you for giving players this weekend event. I am grateful as is everyone else, or should be. I want to get that said so I don't seem ungrateful for what I am about to say here:

Why is it time and time again these events such as double experience, double faction and such (and to an extent, sales), are always announced 12-24 hours before they start and never like several days beforehand on the patcher (or very rarely ahead of time officially)? Not everyone reads the boards, as I'm sure DBG knows, though I never saw any official word until this post, just comments about Test patch notes indicating it. It might not change the thoughts or plans of many, but all of these announcements always seem to be popping up near the last minute. With how people thought/wanted double experience for some holidays that have passed and nothing came about, I could see some assuming nothing would happen again, then bam.

Again, as always thank you for your efforts with events and the game as a whole. I am fully appreciative of it all. I just feel that it would be more of a benefit to keep people abreast sooner rather than the last minute.
    beryon, SelahEQ and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. complexication Kassina

They always have. The only thing xp pots don't stack with is lotd.
  9. Riou EQResource

With double exp bonus? They do, but keep in mind it is additive and not multiplicative. So 75% exp pot will just be +75% base, not 150% cause of "Double EXP".
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. SelahEQ New Member

YAY! This is the news I have been waiting for all week. I /agree with Galarian it would have been nice to know this ahead of time so I wouldn't have made other plans that I will just have to cancel now, but cancel them I will. Double exp is awesome! Thanks!!
  11. Riou EQResource

They don't like announcing so far in advance, because then people will forget and they will have to remind people just before. I don't see why that is a big deal though.
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

Wahoo. Thank you! Time to get some levels on my new toons on Povar.
  13. Soon Augur

Include questing xp?
  14. Razgadz Lorekeeper

Yay for double exp .. just that AB crashed just now ... again :(
  15. Siny Augur

AB down on a double xp weekend is entirely normal . Maybe one day Ill be suprised !
  16. Derd Augur

If you're canceling plans to go see family, see a sporting event, go hiking or whatever, maybe that's why they don't announce it in advance.
    complexication likes this.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would you cancel plans? The Sun is out, you might as well enjoy it while you can. Winter is coming.
    complexication likes this.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

[IMG]
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

I'd like to continue posting relevant oglaf comics, but there's no way I could make the winter queen ones work safe enough to post here.
  20. wthHappened Journeyman

how about bringing groups back too double exp is kind of pointless when all you ever ever ever do is solo......