Hold the line on Enchanter DPS

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Oct 11, 2012.

1. EverChanter Augur

Dec. 20th will be the IRC chat for mages and chanters, so if possible let's put our thinking caps on and get some good ideas rolling for these next 2 weeks. When I get a few hours free, I will go through here and organize all the ideas and list them so we can get some of this organized (others feel free to as well). but I think we've had some good discourse in this thread and ALOT of good thoughts from all, just need to get them prioritized and those final thoughts/additions.
  2. Cakvala Augur

Ill try to make the December 20th IRC chat, I want to request a refund for Dire Charm :p
    Leerah likes this.
  3. silku Augur

I'd also like to see 'crits' on our runes. Clerics get much better than an 8k heal, and can crit for much higher. Why not have it so that our runes on cast can 'crit' and absorb much more. That would make our personal runes much more powerful. (Would also have it's own limiting factor as it would increase our aggro with the x2 multiplier.)
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I definitely don't deserve a refund on Dire Charm. I used the heck out of it back in the day.

Please, please, don't ask for crit runes! The Developers seem to increment runes each expansion, and we ought to be quite happy with them. If they add crits, they'll likely reduce the normal increment in the presumption that we'll buy the crit AAs, but that would mean instead of, consistent, large runes, we'd have inconsistency. Worse, some will feel obligated to recast until crit before a big fight (and fights will be tuned for that).

Imagine Credence critted 10% of the time. I bet the majority would ask their Clerics to recast until crit. Don't put us in that spot!
  5. Reval Augur

I agree with Qest about the crits. I think that route would be wrought with hassles. The runes seem to be getting a bit better in these newer expansions, and it isn't to the point where enchanters would be desired as healers, as that shouldn't really be the case. The way I view it though, rangers - a class that is hybrid based off of a healer - do tons of damage and that is their main focus, and they can heal fairly well. You'd probably never want a ranger as your group's main healer, but in a pinch they can really get the job done. My desire is for our runes to be able to cut it in those times when they are necessary. I'll reiterate that I think of late they have gotten much better than they were in the past. I haven't tried the new expansion yet because I've been really busy, but I plan to soon.
  6. EverChanter Augur

I do also think that adding crits to runes may be the wrong way, just because of the way it would become used.

A possibly to think on it though, instead of heals maybe add a small (very small) chance to reproc another rune, or even a group rune. Thinking of something that would have a max proc of 2 in one casting. So it could be like 5% to 10% chance to reproc a rune so that takes half of the main runes damage. I'm not thinking of mana usage because we don't have that issue, more thinking of just a unique ability. RB comes to mind when thinking of runes that heal, and I don't think that's the way we want to go. Not a bad idea silku, just maybe some tweaking to the basis of it.

Thoughts?
  7. silku Augur

No worries, I don't mind if I have a bad idea or an idea that needs more work. I like the idea of an RB style rune. I also like the idea of an exploding rune, that hits for say 2x rune damage. Imagine having a rune that absorbs 8k, then when it procs it does 16k damage to the target that breaks the rune. Since we are already getting double aggro for absorbing the 8k, it would be a handy way to increase our dps without changing our functionality.. and we already pay 10pp each time we rune so there is that negative as well.
  8. Cakvala Augur

Here is my list of things I like to see

- More levels to Phantasmal
    - No more hastened AAs
    - Fix to Banishment
    - More Levels to our Spires
    - Mana rebalance AA (simular to cleric heal balance AA)
  9. EverChanter Augur

Love this idea...beguilers balance maybe?
    Explodes the mind to share a sense of clarity. The enchanter sacrifices their mind to enhance their companions.
    Would think this would be best on a 10-15 minute timer.

Thoughts on how much should be shared or other aspects?
  10. Cakvala Augur

Could even be a 30 min timer. Thats what i was thinking just a copy of the cleric version for mana, i mean we hold the key for mana regen why not this? It has been brought up before on the old forums (don't remember who suggested it) but it was a great idea.
  11. Vizier Augur

Good luck with the Mana Balance, weve been asking for that since Vellious. They dont want us having it period. I would like more Spire levels as well. I never use Phantasmal, even though its maxed. I find it to be an inferior tool with many better choices. To each his own though.

Why no more hastened AAs?

EDIT: FOr the record the state that Beguiler's is in now is the exact state it was in when it was first released. I realize there was a brief "golden era" where it didn't ruin other roots but I think this was just an unintentional bug that SoE fixed.
  12. Cakvala Augur

Mana Balance type AA - I understand we have been requesting it for a long time, but doesn’t hurt to keep requesting it!
    We all have different play styles, I use Phantasmal opponent a lot as well as doppelganger.
    We have so may Hastened AAs and I rather have that small code time used for something else.
    I also understand they reverted BDB back to what it was before, but something else changed which makes ours still broken.
  13. Leerah Augur

You're kidding right?
  14. Leerah Augur

If Charm had a fixed duration of 10 mins, I would use it a lot. I'm too much of a scaredy cat to spend my nights with my hand sweating on the mouse. Yeah, I could be a better anything if I were more bold. But I'm not. And I have as much right to be here as Joe Hyperagro.

Clearlee/Hastilee of Povar
  15. Keise Elder

I don't think thats the way it would work, you probably wouldn't know if your going to get a crit until you have agro
  16. Narye Augur

While I think we should have been given "Quiet Mind" its done and gone, and clerics have it.
    A heal when rune is beaten off, would be nice, would actually increase our survivability - let me clarify - self rune only.

From the last few nights, I would say we are headed for a nerf bat, but I have my fingers crossed (showing up on the parse is a double edged sword)
  17. silku Augur

Why would we be headed for a nerf bat? Charm damage? Nuke damage?
  18. Mykaylla Augur

Zoning with illusions, clearly.
    /duck
  19. silku Augur

Hehe clearly game breaking. ;)
  20. silku Augur

I want a twincast echo.