Heroic Monk

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tarvas, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

So anyone got any pointers for a heroic monk? Specifically what punch and and kick to use, which AAs for general grinding, and which discs? For some reason I decided to upgrade my monk inside the tutorial which meant that I could use the fillout hotkey function. So now I am totally lost. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Right now at 85 I am just using Flying Kick, Tiger Claw, Stunning Kick, Calanin's Synergy, and Whorl of Fist.
  3. Glass New Member

Those are certainly your main rotation. You definitely also want to work in Drunken Monkey. As they come off cooldown, use Zan Fi's Whistle and Five Point Palm.

Punch Through, Speedfocus, Crystalpalm, ScaledFist, and Heel of Kanji (especially in tandem with Calanin) are the offensive discs I use regularly along with the Fundament and Infusion of Thunder aa's. Flinch, Impenetrable, and Defer Death as defensive discs when I'm in trouble.

Generally a good rule of thumb is to look at your combat skills (disciplines) and sort by timer to see what your options are and which is the highest level skill you have for that timer. Also dig through your aa's and see what hotkeys are available to you.
  4. Khoza Augur

5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Since whorl & synergy share a timer as well as the fact that your AAs are maxed for 85 (thus you have all applicable kick dmg AAs) you will want to drop whorl all together. Synergy is better all around due to the flying kick debuff it put on the mobs. Same goes for all future versions.
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. solarfly New Member

7. Khoza Augur