Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Yesway Augur

Good point, I've no clue if those are granted or not because I actually did the work to get them before the auto-grant was introduced. Heaven forbid they not have those for free too rofl.
  2. Cyric187 New Member

What I want to know that hasn't be clarified in detail yet. What happens if you have an account from before Nov 8 2013 and one after? Does my old account fall under the one per house hold rule because i made a new account or can i claim an 85 on both?
  3. sula Augur

ok i have a question. my toon is level 99 with a bit over 2k aas. so i did the autogrant. It says 5295 assigned and 2371 spent. i have camped and zoned twice, but i don't see anywhere that i have aas to spend and i also don't see any changes in my aa lineup. what am i missing here?
  4. --Voodoo-- Augur

You don't get to spend them yourself, it just gives you all the abilities/ranks you were missing up to lvl85/UF. Looks like you gained around 2900. I'd guess you probably already had most of the more useful ones though, so most of those points probably went to things you don't consider all that important. Could be easy to overlook.
  5. Leerah Augur

If I get a fairy, I'm making a beastlord too!
  6. Keeneyes Journeyman

My point is that the business models of Best Buy and the SC Store are so radically different that they cannot be compared. Of course every business needs money to survive but that doesn't make them somehow comparable.

As far as offering cheaper crap, all I am suggesting is an reasonably priced tiered system for heroic characters so that players can still advance to a certain level without having to go all out for the 85. They have different tiers for Adventure Potions, that are priced appropriately, do they not? Why not heroic characters?

If someone wants to save up their SC for a HC, that's fine and dandy but you're assuming people are going to want to wait 7 months, paying $14.99 a month, just so they could skirt the $35 cost of a heroic character. You're also assuming everyone who wants to join and catch-up can afford 7 months of subscriptions. In that time you could surpass the level and abilities of the HC you could buy at that point (or buy one with the money you spent in subscriptions) and if you're a silver or F2P, well you don't get SC so the poor guy gets screwed once again.
  7. Yesway Augur

... You have 2925 more aa's assigned than you have spent. You obviously received the aa's.
  8. sula Augur

thanks much
  9. sula Augur

it's not that you don't have a good idea, but to think someone is getting screwed because they can't make a second heroic toon without paying the money that is being charged is the thing i don't agree with. they won't be making more tiers. in eq2, people said much the same thing but it didn't change the offering. and really, so you think silver and f2p should get free sc?

there has to be some incentive for going gold. I have 2 gold accounts, one of which is all access, and i have 6 other accounts on each game that are all silver. no way i could afford to pay for gold for all of those, but i don't expect more for them either. i realize that it is great that i can still play them without having to pay monthly for all of them- especially since most of them have houses that i keep my tradeskill stuff in.
  10. Keeneyes Journeyman

It's not that I think that f2p or silver should get monthly SC, but to say that someone who cannot afford a Heroic Character should save up their SC is a terrible alternative, especially to those it doesn't apply to.
  11. Yesway Augur

But you don't have to be gold to get a free HC, or are you saying that it's not fair that a free account can't get more than one HC for free? Or is this a matter of people who have created accounts after November 8 being restricted to one per household?
  12. sula Augur

i guess you would have to read his original post to understand.
  13. Leerah Augur

AHEM!!!
    Did you hear? I need more character slots on at least one account! Hurry with that coding, thanks!
  14. sula Augur

lol
  15. Silv Augur

I'd like some official clarification on this too. I have 4 gold accounts, 3 of which were made looooong before Nov. 8, 2013, and 1 that was made a month ago. So, how do I go about getting my free heroics without locking myself out due to the household rule? This scenario was not detailed in the original post (and actually, the Nov. 8 date wasn't even mentioned either; a player posted that information).
    Jannver likes this.
  16. braedo New Member

I am in this same situation. I would like to know what my options are
    Jannver likes this.
  17. Gythlen Augur

It's a treant. In the pic on the first post of this topic.

[IMG]

You can get pet morph wands I suppose to change it.
  18. OG Electro New Member

This excites me. I'm definitely going to give coming back to EQ after 7 years a look now.
  19. Yesway Augur

I read the original post, but still don't see the problem. Everyone can get the free HC *limited number depending on account creation date*, but after that time frame everyone has to spend SC on it. I don't see how it's a problem that a f2p person either has to spend the money on the HC after that date if they want one. A gold account either has to use the SC built up that was given as a bonus for having their recurring subscription *7 months worth is a pretty big investment, even for free SC* or pay cash for the SC also.
  20. suka Lorekeeper

i agree

however, this was the same deal that was put into eq2. after the novelty wore off, only a few of my friends went on to create more heroics and buy more. with everyone getting a free one, i really don't understand how anyone can consider themselves or their neighbors "screwed". I think it is a good deal.

$35 is a lot but no more than some of the other things in the game like the prestige guild hall with guild village. i didn't see a lot of complaints on that one, even though we got evicted from it a lot the same as from the regular villages we didn't fork out the money for.

again, it is all about your priorities. if you feel strongly that you want a second heroic character on your account, then you pay for it. if you think it sucks that your neighbor can't afford it, then pay for his. but i really don't get the concept that the price on the item is screwing anyone when they can have the first character on each account free.
    Gythlen likes this.