Heirloom Raid Coins

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xorsazis, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Xorsazis Augur

It's probably been asked before, but what is the official opinion on making raid coins heirloom so people can trade them among their alts?

Would be somewhat of an incentive for those who tend to get bored to stick with it.
  2. Recnarp Augur

Why not just play your alt on the raid instead?

I'm not opposed to this just as long as the alt has to go through the same raid progression to buy items.
  3. Nadisia Augur

Exactly, play your alt, pretty simple.

And to OP, what if your 1st alt is not on your main's account? Make raid currencies tradeable? No.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

The toon that earned the coin deserves the coin. I would think it unfair to just pass it along to JoeBobAlt_01 that did nothing at all to actually earn it. I mean come on.
    Noobieguy likes this.
  5. Terraa New Member

Because my guild needs my main. Pretty badly. I can't play anything else.

Several guildmates have the ability to, due to overinviting of that particular class or different skillsets. I'm not one of those people.

~Terraa
  6. Crystilla Augur

Prett much any time this has come up the Devs have said - no. Play the char you want to get the coins, and if you can't, that's a personal choice or guild function issue and not a game design issue.
  7. roth Augur

I'm not really opposed to it either. Heirloom is fine .. tradeable is not.

Remember, you have to beat a raid for the raid's drops to show up for purchase from the raid vendor. I've got a 95 necro who could use some t1 RoF raid gear - but he has never been to a RoF t1 raid. If I could give him all the Velium Shards I've amassed on my main, he would still be unable to spend them until he actually beats at least one t1 raid - and then, only on things that can drop there. I'd have to have him present for all 4 t1 wins for him to have his pick of gear.

The current lunacy of non-visible gear being all/all kind of reduces the need to beat all raids in a tier - you can always use something that does not suit your class perfectly, heroics-wise - but you still need to beat at least one, even if your only intent is to get the visibles.
  8. Stubar Augur

The real issue would be trading all your raid currency to lvl 1 toon and transferring it to FV.

I'm pretty sure that's why it would never happen.
  9. Tegila Augur

you can buy full visibles without ever beating a raid, jsut not the nonvisibles/weapons
  10. savrin Augur

Just about anyone who plays a healer will not be using an alt on a raid. Heirloom raid coins would be good for these players.

Also, a lot of guilds use a tiered loot system where mains get to bid first, so it is possible an alt will never get loot unless it rots otherwise.

Lastly, a lot of guilds will only let alts in a raid if they a healer or some other class they don't have enough of. So if your alt is a class your guild has too much of they won't get in raids to begin with and never see coins. Classes like bard, cleric, shaman..probably not letting them bring alts.
  11. Abazzagorath Augur

Don't care either way. Would be cool I guess for some people. I have like 13 alts from level 90-100, but none of them are on the same account as my main, so wouldn't help me much. Not a bad idea though, honestly.
  12. Sebbina Augur

The heirloom them to a runt and then transfer to other account and shift them back to a high level, is a variation of pass to a runt and transfer to FV. So odds are rather poor for it to go in.
  13. Xorsazis Augur

I can't because I have to be the main tank. Otherwise the raid would most likely fail. Often times I am the only tank to show up or go on these alt raids or the like.

And as far as other accounts, I just have them dzadd them. There's always room.

And lastly, I have everything I need, the coins are just gathering. Would rather they get used somehow since I did do the work.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I have a bazaar vendor on my account. My other account has my alts. I have everything I need, the coins are just gathering.
    Get a bunch of alts together who want coins and start earning em. Easy enough.
  15. Terraa New Member

We can't. All the alts that would do the raids are being let into the main raids in question, so they've got lockouts and can't assist on alt raids.

~Terraa
  16. Axxius Augur

Heirloom currency = heirloom raid loot. If you want to trade raid loot (with alts, or strangers) - play on FV. If you want to twink your alts on normal servers - bring them to the raid and loot. Most raids will let you switch characters after the win.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

So then the mains that were not in the raid and locked out can assist the alts of the mains who were in the first raid to garantee a win should be able to step up and help the other alts. I don't see how this is complicated.
  18. RagePaw Augur

I like this idea, I have 100s of t1 and t2 coins on my main doing nothing, would be great to put those to use on an alt.
  19. Kelefane Augur

A lot of alts that are getting geared to the teeth in T2 and T3 raid gear are not even participating in the raids. They are just being dzadded after the raid is won to loot whatever rot_loot_101 at the time. Alts are getting the gear anyway and not even being played on these raids. Heck, some alts arent even logged in at the time that the alt wins the loot.

So making raid coins heirloom? Hey, why not. They are getting the gear whether they participate in the raid or not already anyway. I dont see a problem to be honest. If anything, making raid coins heirloom could save a few headaches from having to dzadd and run alts to the raid to loot.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  20. Khat_Nip Meow

Then just continue DZ-adding them for that purpose. Heirloom would be a mistake and would be a detriment to the game regardless how positive it would at first seem.