Gust/Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fleeting, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Axxius Augur

The new quest for EotD similar to the Alaran language speed learning in SL has been proposed during Beta. The devs didn't reject the idea. But implementing a new quest takes time, they can't just add it in a matter of days/weeks. Wait and see I guess.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

*nod* I am sure they will do something. They usually do. But it will all still come back to people complaining about having to do a simpler method of getting EotD1, when they feel they should just log into the game and already have it.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

One good option would be some quest in OT that enables you to get Lab quests from Varro in FM.

That said, the other day I was helping a guildie start on progression. If everyone in group gets supply quests, but only one-two people need the stuff, you can get all you need in just a few kills. Drachnids can be a problem but I actually think that new pacify spell that works to 110 could trivialize things there.
    Planting a mage near Chardok or having a druid bind there can really speed up Lceanium ans SW quests.
    In SW, only real bit of drudgery us the cent/badger faction swing. I would say lowering faction requirements to get those would be a good idea.
    Or make them shared tasks so they can be requested by someone who already has faction.
    FM partisans are darn trivial except for the final lavabomb. Need good dps there and mercs don't work.
    Chardok quests are quite easy once you learn your way around and are fun too. Droga partisans can be knocked real quick by a druid bound at quest givers and sec bind at Droga and having a mage in group.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

*bonk* what are you thinking, suggesting ways to complete EotD1 progression. Didn't Zhaunil already say:
  5. Scorrpio Augur

The people in question (who won't give up their cushy camps) were limited exactly the same way in EoK. If they were not willing to run the progression, they could not camp Lab names in the Kar'Zok areas. So in RoS, they have plenty of camps except a few that involve Kar'Zok. They likely will have no desire to do RoS prog either. And uf they do, the Skyfire mission is shared. With a but of work, they should be able to bum a taskadd.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since i do not care too much about group gear, thank you for sharing this with me.
    Guess i have to take an ALT or two to there then...
    I take it it's the only place to get this slot/effect from - if so then yes i agree...

Log on, do something, get something (done).
    That's exactly what i want too yes.
    i find it quite cumbersome when i need to (as an example) have to ride a boat simply to get somewhere.
    That kind of "fun" looses it's attraction to me after the first, second or third time.

That reference to WoW i cannot comment too much on, as my experience with it is rather limited.
    But
    I said here or somewhere else that one problem we have on these boards is how different people define "effort" differently.
    Yes, the days where you (can afford to) put in days for next to no measurable progress are over.
    There's neater "competition" out there too.
    Most but certainly not all of us have also outgrown the age where we could stay home from school and play for days without end or camp for hour after hour for some item.

Still, i think noone - not even the "laziest" of them - is asking for a "gimme-button" seriously.

For some, camping one named for 4 days (8 to 16hrs of uninterrupted gameplay) without a pop is still no effort.
    For others, that's already far too much and they start to wonder about "does this even exist"?

I said it elsewhere:
    "challenge" should be with the event itself, not the "getting to", nor the "competition" you have to suffer ("oh, let's race this open spawn before someone else takes it").
    And yes, i think that there should be *something* for each "level" of play, with according rewards.

Not one or the other extreme...
    But something for everyone.
    With instances and HA- or LDoN-like mechanics the stuff is there, but not used as it could be imo.

As i have said, i've gotten essence1 for all ALTs of mine (and then some) that i currently "care" about.
    But i have also been thinking of perhaps get yet another class up i did not play before.
    And this (the essence1) is one of the points why i decided against.
    Because i am tired of doing it yet again.
    And, as i also said somewhere already, i HAD my experience with a char that was missing it when someone ELSE triggered the AE and my char almost died - through walls even.

Gorowyn to ME is one zone where i would not go in (except to loot only, with CotH and while no fighting is going on) without having a completed essence1.
    Just adjusting how YOU do things is fine - but only as long as YOU are alone in there too.

That's my take on this thing, based on my experience.
    Your mileage might differ - i'm not saying my view is the only valid one, but i am saying mine counts just as much.

Simple:
    Because on one hand there IS stuff i care about and on the other because there are opinions and posted here that at least need a comment or two or three.
    Because especially as a german, i know what happens when you let stupidity (or Fox-News/Russian TV-like one-sided coverage) run on unchecked.
    Tried to keep it simple. For you - so you need not wonder anymore ;)
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wait and see - i would, if i knew there was something on the horizon.
    The thing is, from my point of view, that they'd not even NEED to make something NEW up really.
    But "only would have needed" to reuse two already existing tasks much like they did with the recommendation for concerned citizens.

They chose not to even do this simple thing, so i don't have much hope for the "wait and see" to have me see anything tangible while it's still needed (i.e. RoS is still current).
    And afterwards i don't think it'll be noted much anymore, because people will have (finally) moved on to the then-new expansion which - hopefully - has a different theme and other challenges.

On the other hand: I like to be too pessimistic at first and then pleasantly surprised...
    It just happens far too rarely.
  8. Fleeting Augur

i personally 3 box because i play on a very low population server. ive done the progression on my 3 main box toons but i have 3 accounts with atleast 6-10 lvl 105's - 110 on each and i really dont wanna run the progression 6-10 times. i personally like to enjoy all the content on every class so i have 1 or 2 of every class. my suggestion was just some way to make getting the gust aa easier because its a waste of time to me personally to go and redo all the progression everytime i wanna do RoS prog on a new toon. yes i could obviously just TA all my toons to the group missions and find a way to do the quest lines and deal with the gust but to me thats just no fun. my original post wasnt a complaint about how its necessarily set up or anything like that was just a suggestion of a way to make it easier for people to get caught up like they did in the launch of ROF for alarian language