Gust/Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fleeting, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Fleeting Augur

Why cant we implement a quest for this like was done for Alarian language in Shard's Landing. Just an alternate quest to achieve the blocker?
    Axxius, eqgamer, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

There is one. It starts in Lcenium.
    Sheex, Tucoh and Metanis like this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Why must there be an alternate method? The original worked just fine.

Oh, its also a lot easier now with 5 additional levels, AA and gear.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why must there be alternate posts to the Gust spell tasks?
    Thrillho and Sheex like this.
  5. Horkak New Member

If they want to have an alternative, it shouldnt be for atleast another expansion imo. its not like its that hard to do currently. most classes can prob molo it if they know what doing and dont suck(not fast but doable)
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They should NOT have had these mobs use the spells that are affected by the blocker. They are a different set of Sarnak's. The ones in EoK followed the Queen and as such would have one set of abilities. These are the ones that follow the King and as such should have different abilities. If they want to have a OP spells that they cast then their should be an RoS specific blocker for those spells not something that requires you to go through EoK's progression to get it; no matter how easy or hard doing EoK progression is.

VoA's language based progression was completely and utterly trivialized by RoF, when there was no actual need for it to be done. They could have quite easily required something like a skill of 70, 75, or something around there, but instead they allowed anyone over a certain level to go from 0-100 Alaran without doing any thing in VoA; while Alaran itself didn't need to be maxed to progress though RoF. Now they are refusing to provide an RoS alternative to obtaining the blocker from EoK; that is ridiculous. Also, no one is asking that the RoS alternative be a stupidly simple path like the RoF alternative to learning Alaran; just that RoS have a self contained way to obtain the blocker without requiring players who did not partake of EoK to go back to it and do all of the progression in order to progress in RoS.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The spiders in Lceanium are still going to be a pain for returning players, who won't be raid geared nor will they have a shed load of AAs, nor will they be level 110. At level 105 this stuff was hard, stop trying to trivialize something which is far from it.

With most players now in ROS or still doing HAs :rolleyes: getting help to do progression isn't going to be easy. Returning players want to be where the other players are not an expansion back struggling to do things on their own.
    Perplexed likes this.
  8. smash Augur

A way they could have done, would have been a raid like way in OT, make a task which consist of 4 steps:
    Step 1:
    Hail a npc in OT, which gives you a temp buff on, it gives you 25% chance to resist the gust, in OT you then have to stand in the gust 1 time surviving.
    Step 2: Hail npc in OT within 5 min, to confirm step 1 is completed.
    Step 3: Hail a npc in Sathir Tomb, which then gives you a temp buff, it gives you 33% to resist the gust there you have to stand in gust 2 times, surviving.
    Step 4: Hail npc in Sathir Tomb, within 5 min to comfirm step 3 is completed.
    Step 5: Hail a npc in Gorowyn, which then gives you a temp buff, it gives you 50% to resist the gust there you have to stand in gust 3 times, surviving.
    Step 6: Hail a npc in Gorowyn within 5 min to confirm step 5 is completed.
    Step 7: Finally during the mission in Skyfire, Hail Katta which then gives you a temp buff, it gives you 66% to resist the gust there you have to stand in gust 4 times, surviving.
    Step 8: Hail 1 of the 2 Katte, WHO shall have survived to confirm that step 7 is completed.
    At that point you then get EoD 1.
    You do have to do the steps in that order, if you die during each step, you have to restart that particular step.
  9. Thrillho Augur

Same class, same race, different deity. Heck, look at the playable combinations - a dark elf magician gets the same spells as a high elf magician. Makes complete sense that the Kar`Zok get the same ability.

I still see plenty of folks in EoK. And there are still plenty of these posts about having to go back to EoK to do progression. These people should group up!

No Kar`Zok in OT. Or ST. Or SF (I know you said mission, but you really don't want to bring 5 others along with you to run a mission where you're a liability). Only Gorowyn has Kar`Zok. (Not including any named).
  10. Warpeace Augur

You missed the step to petition for lost XP because they are so lazy from dying playing hail quest in your proposal to gain EoD1.
  11. smash Augur

They can go the long way or the short way, however the short way dont necessary mean easier way ;-)
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Actually, Sathir's Tomb has named Kar'Zok. But you are right on point with everything else.
  13. Thrillho Augur

14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sorry, still waking up here.

One thing we did find out while hunting Gorowyn is that if the MT is the one that grabs initial aggro on the Kar'Zok, it will just do the gust in the front arc toward the tank. Everyone else can stand behind it and avoid the gust. Now, if someone else grabs initial aggro, well, it will will turn to wherever they are standing and do the gust, hitting anyone in the arc toward that person.

We found this out by having another rogue with us (without EotD1) and he never got hit with gust because the MT always pulled and he was always in back arc. However, last night we had a wiz who was with us standing wherever she pleased, and kept getting hit with the gust because she was often behind the tank. When we moved her to back arc, problem solved (at least, while she was paying attention).
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LOL...
    Tell me how, across servers?

You see "people" in EoK - plenty even...
    You see "posts" about progression on the forums...
    What tells you they even CAN follow your suggestion?
    Let alone "want" - those people in EoK are most likely boxing or even botting but sure as hell they won't, for the most part, give up their "camp" for some tedious (as in: lengthy with little reward, especially when measured in XP over time) progression task.
    That's not my opinion btw, but my observation...
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

You seem to have very little faith in people.
    When something needs to get done, and someone wants it bad enough, they will find a way.
    As for little reward, I would argue that Gorowyn has some pretty decent drops in it...for instance, a non-chase belt with Tendon Slice on it, for those still wanting a decent tank belt with slow on it. Or the couple of augs that drop out of there. Some power sources that are quite nice. Gorowyn has some pretty decent RoS Group T2 gear that is worth it for the non-raider. So, getting EotD1 is worth it as far as I am concerned from what I have seen/looted from in there.
    eqgamer likes this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

erm...
    This thread is (yet another one) about Essence1, or an alternative way for it.
    So when i say that people do not readily do help other people getting their essence1 (in EoK as you know), it has nothing to do with my faith in people - i said above that it's observation.

So rewards in Gorowyn are of no consequence for the discussion at hand.
    And "pretty decent drops"...
    I couldn't care less really.
    I get the drops i need from raids and for group i would look for alternatives that do not require essence1.

I've personally helped numerous of people through their EoK progression, plus several of my own ALTs and then some friends.
    And i've grown weary of it too, long ago.
    To the point by now that i am thinking longer and harder to do it again for ANYONE - too bad for the "latecoming" app...
    (and even moreso when that app is unprepared and unresponsive as one we currently have - people like that can see where they get their essence1 from for all i care)
    And while i might yet finish the one ALT i have that has started EoK progression but not quite done essence1 sometime, i most likely won't bring another ALT through either.
    I'm just too sick of it.
    And by the looks of things, i am not the only one.

They chose not to include essence1 into the RoS progression by re-using the 2relevant tasks as they could've done.
    That they've cut the XP in EoK doesn't exactly help either.
    I didn't do a long subscription this time around, and going by how things are now i won't buy one for the summer either.
    This looks to be the first year where i will follow my slacker guildmates and take the summer off.
    Not JUST because of how essence1 is dealt with, but in part to that as well.
    Those ALTs of mine that do not have it will "have to wait" until EQ has finally grown out of requiring it.
    *shrug*
  18. Thrillho Augur

People will be more inclined to help someone who is actively trying a task / mission. I don't want to hold someone's hand who is sitting in the GH / PoK soaking up buffs spouting "woe is me" in guild / general for not having progression done. I'll be more than happy to help someone clear the spider cave for Lceanium if they're at that part. Or the blob in FM if they're having difficulty there. Or any of the Droga tasks - I used to carry all the stuff required for those tasks and could run through the whole Droga progression line in no time.

I've run through the OT / SF tasks with more or less just a merc so far. People were complaining about the difficulty of the cacti trash - try the pseudo-named scorpions in OT3. Try SF1 fighting those 2 spawns on the pedestal with the pseudo-named afterwards, all while getting roamers through. I died a few times attempting this, and lucked out when someone saw me doing it alone and said "oh hey, need a hand? I need that too!"

Plenty of the EoK progression can be done with just a merc - especially with the increase in power RoS gave us. There are people still hanging around in these zones for various reasons - bot armies for chase loot, headshotting for quick xp, finishing off tasks, farming RoS visible consumables, etc. The Lceanium spider cave is probably one of the more difficult tasks to do when starting out, but it's only that one part. Everything else can be soloed. If I needed it, I would go there and do as much as I could. If I found someone in the zone I'd ask for a bit of help with it. Or in general. Or in guild. Hopefully I'd find someone like me who also needed some progression done - apparently there are lots out there who still need it (but paradoxically, not enough to form a group).

I've had plenty of offers for help from random people - those who share my guild tag and those who do not - but only when I'm actively working on something.
    Zhaunil_AB, Sissruukk and Tucoh like this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Observation of yourself and how your tired of dealing with it, perhaps. Sure, its tedious to run people back through it. Sure, it gets old and tiresome to do the same thing over and over. No one is here forcing you to go back and do it again for people. There is no point in belaboring that fact.

I was merely stating the fact that if people really want something, they will find a way to get it done.

We know you couldn't really care less. Which always makes me wonder why you bother writing up book chapters in reply to stuff here.

But rewards in Gorowyn are of consequence to those that don't raid, or have Krono to buy chase, etc. Before, the only way you got a belt with Tendon Slice on it was either via raid or chase loot, now you can get one by camping in Gorowyn. And the belt drops off of a non-Kar'Zok named, and the area it can spawn at only has one Kar'Zok (or named Kar'Zok) you have to deal with. Tank it right, with heals, you can keep the gust only on the tank and keep everyone else behind the mob.

See, here's the thing. People want this game to be ez mode like WoW. Log on, do something, get something with little-to-no effort put in. Talk to a guy, go wack 5 mobs, get a piece of armor, weapon, etc., join ezmode cross server raid for raid finder loot, etc. This game is different. It makes you think your way through, at least at first. Don't want EotD1? Nothing is stopping you from hunting in Gorowyn. You just have to adjust how you do it.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you need something, you start the group and add the LFG's and lead the way. If you sit there LFG'n in general or guild and crying about your needs... Just keep on posting here about the fact you don't have it.