Guk instance spawning - Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shimm, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

Live side has traditionally always been over looked for the most part. I don't so much blame the loot for that as much as I do just the fact that most people never experienced live side camping. Just about anybody that has played EQ before in classic knows all the dead side camps, but not many are even aware of the live side camps because they just plain never had a group there back when they played through in the past.
  2. Pikallo Augur

I wouldn't exactly say the loot sucks on Live - Mith 2h, Platinum Tiara, Shimmering White Shroud, Int Book, RMT, silver plated legs are all solid classic items. Not to mention everyone needs to get a froglok crown at some point too.

I pretty much exclusively kill on live for both loot and exp.

For anyone looking ahead that actually cares about faction, you easily fix any damage by killing in seb during kunark.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Kibanu Augur

Don't forget it also depends on your group make up.

If you are a caster-heavy group (non-undead spells), you will shine over on Live side.
    If you are a melee-heavy group or have a lot of undead nukes, you will shine over on Undead side.

The live side is riddled with Shaman NPCs that slow melee. If you have a good MR set, then you'll be fine on either side, but starting out most people won't have good MR sets so they get slowed and thus it takes a year to kill anything.
  4. Fhiele Augur

I've always found LGuk and SolB to be pretty bleh xp, largely because the ZEM is low. Go to Kedge post 35.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Simone Augur

I love Kedge; actually dinged 50 on my warrior inside of Kedge before I transferred over to lockjaw.