Guk instance spawning - Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shimm, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Shimm Lorekeeper

lguk instance spawning Is just terrible.

Takes 40 to spawn a new instance but the instance does not support 40... So it never has enough.

/rant off
  2. Lateryn Augur

Lguk not supporting 40? That's what 6 groups? There are more then 6 camps in Lguk.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Trevalon Augur

Me thinks someone hasn't play EQ in a long time.

Lguk supports 5 groups now...

Bedroom/spiders
    Assassin area
    Exe/sav/cav/sage/and everything to assassin
    Frenzy and everything to safe hall
    Lord/AM and everything in between

Those are the groups that run in Lguk, its how it was on LJ, its how it was on Vulak and many of these groups (especially assassin one, wont run a full 6 people, they will run 2-3).
  4. Lateryn Augur

Wow that whole area of southern Lguk just seems to be forgotton. As is the north..

Seems you haven't played EQ in a long time, when they forget all of live side.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

You mean Live side? You mean the side that MIGHT have 1 group at King? That side?

Outside of King I never once saw a group exping on live side on LJ...Sorry, your right, I forgot about that...6 groups and the King group isn't there more than half the time.

Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying its pretty dang rare.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Did you not play LJ? Live side had king/herb groups, and group in the north live side(usually near EE). Just because you didnt exp there.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Lateryn Augur

8. Nickatropolis Augur

I EXP'd/camped live side lguk 90% of the time I spent in lguk since no one was ever there, there's 2-3 good camps there depending on level.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Trevalon Augur

I exped from 28-43 in Lguk on all 3 sets of my characters...I did see some king groups running, but not 100% of the time...In fact my group killed king a few times just by running to his spawn and killing him cause no one was ever there.
  10. Lateryn Augur

Congrats, that must mean that Lguk can't support over 40 people!

What nonsense.
  11. Iyvy Augur

Clearly you should spawn an instance of lguk for every 6 people so that we can all have Frenzy camp.
  12. Marthisdil Augur

King is a good xp area....
    Simone and Nickatropolis like this.
  13. Brumski Augur

What's wrong with that? Is your self esteem based on getting gear that others can't or take longer to get? Sarcasm aside, i agree with him that load balancing thresholds are set too high by about 25%.
  14. Iyvy Augur

I was just joking. I think the problem you're seeing is that people are on the low end of the level for the zones. So as everyone hits say lvl 30 and goes into lguk you have 40 people in a zone that can only do the first few camps. The zones are therefore too crowded and people leave, preventing new instances.
  15. Jaime Lannister Augur

King area is better xp than Lord.
    Just that the loot sucks.
    Which is what this is all about anyways.
    The loot is over at dead side. So no one goes to live side.
    Instancing is intended to make sure everyone has a place to level. It wasn't created to make sure everyone has a camp with phat lewt.
    Working as intended.

King/Crusader etc all great xp areas over on live side.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Simone Augur

Lower Guk king is one of the best exp spots in all of classic. Anyway that says it's "not a good camp" clearly hasn't played EverQuest for very long.
  17. Weverley Augur

I find it odd that people talk about lower guk but always undead side and forget about live side.God you don't know what you are missing.
    Simone likes this.
  18. Jaime Lannister Augur

Like I said, all the best loot is over at undead side, so people like to forget about that side then pretend they don't have places to xp.
    I remember being over on live side listening to all the rage and drama on ragefire as I passed the zone in levels while they fought over loot camps. Good times.
  19. Iyvy Augur

Live side guk is good, but some prefer to keep the faction and the king camp is actually fairly tricky for an inexperienced or small group. Outside of Solb and hole king camp is the hardest in the game, as well as the deepest. Oh and you can't easily invis there either.
  20. Sennik Jevest Elder

Nah. What happened is all the hardcores out leveled the casuals. Have patience girl. This time next week you'll be able to complain about too many lguk instances.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.