Guild Banner - add the character name please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Kalipto Augur

When the guild banner is placed, it'd be very helpful if the message included the name of the person who placed the banner. Perhaps a dev will see this and put it in the ol' suggestion box.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Why?

I cannot see a scenario where this information would be helpful, but I miss many things.
  3. 6502 Lorekeeper

Not sure why you'd need it either unless someone is actively trolling the raid or something. Not like it'd hurt anything if it was added, but seems like an odd request.
  4. Kalipto Augur

Mostly the request is because we do split raids. Knowing who placed a banner lets us know whether to port to the banner or not, without having to ask.

A secondary reason is that we allow any member to place a banner. But request they don't do it during raids. Of course, they forget and still do it, and we'd like to know who so we can remind them not to.
    Nennius and FYAD like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

These don't sound like issues that need solving and for the second one it would seem better to restrict placing the banner to those you can trust to not move it when it shouldn't be moved.
  6. Kalipto Augur

You're right. I'm wrong to want additional info that doesn't have any negative impacts.
    eqgamer, Kaenneth and Barton like this.
  7. FYAD Augur

Split raiding makes sense. But I'm scratching my head on the second scenario. This would mean that your guild has a group of 12+ people somewhere else, not with the raid, trying to drop banners.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

Okay. Thanks. I don't TLP so split raids aren't really in my thought process but I understand now that it exists.

My assumption is that you are just trying to get the character name who plants (and I guess moves) a banner added to the guild wide message emote that happens when a banner is moved. My question would be ... if someone cannot tell from the location in the guild banner emote, how does knowing the person aid in the determination of whether or not a banner is proper?

Figuring out who is planting "improper" banners should also be pretty trivial ... see where banner placed, open guild management tool and see who's at that location, chastise. If you allow people to be fully anonymous in your guild, it's a pretty crummy move because it can lead to abusive behavior in game and I'm not sure I actually want to be helping a guild like that.

From my view, what it really sounds like you want is a secondary guild banner ... one that can only be a port device (cause I'm not sure the devs want guilds to have multiple empowered banners ... and I assume that's why your people are "misusing" your guild banners ... otherwise, why aren't they just using campfires?). I could get behind a secondary guild banner. Guilds on Live could run secondary banners at raid npc and move primary banners inside instances for stats/after chest openings. And assuming you'd could tune a hall portal for one or the other, run one in the neighborhood hall and the other in the default hall.

Just a thought.
  9. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

If you're doing a split raid, put one portal in the GGH, one in the OG.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be handing to know. We have had a couple of new people planting banners recently and they have created a standard instead of reusing the stat one.

Would be easier to send a tell to explain how to do it, rather than asking who planted it in /gu.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No! You can never find out who planted the Vah Shir banner!
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't work before the housing zones open on TLP servers.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon